Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
The polished breastplate and all plate mail are only wearable by Romans. This is to provide some game balance since Celts are now allowed to wear up to chain mail.

Otherwise the Celts with druid mastery could wander around as spellcasting tanks.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #26
Gahhhhh! In my singleton game now, I can't get Aidin in the Temple of Brigantia to give me a dialog option about getting the Golden Pelt for Samael so I can free Orin for Aidin. I have gotten Samael to request the pelt, but whe I visit Aidin, there is no option to ask about it. I have not even been under the Temple yet either.

Someone please describe exactly what you do to trigger and fulfill this quest.

-S-

ADDIT: Nevermind. Revisiting Samael and going through the dialog with him seems to have (re)activated the dialog option with Aidin. Whew.

Hmm, unless killing the Fen Wolf for Owen is inexplicably what made the difference. Very odd.

[ Thursday, May 31, 2007 01:19: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator N:R Items The Lonely Celt A5 Items A5 Map
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

The polished breastplate and all plate mail are only wearable by Romans. This is to provide some game balance since Celts are now allowed to wear up to chain mail.

Otherwise the Celts with druid mastery could wander around as spellcasting tanks.

Fair enough, thanks for the info!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #28
Where do you get the All Circle Scroll? I thought I read it around here recently, but can't find any mention of it except Khoth saying it exists. I thought I remembered reading that you kill Raven or someone really good to get it.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator N:R Items The Lonely Celt A5 Items A5 Map
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #29
If you attack Raven he summons two gryphon guardians to help him (more allies for your side). He drops the All Circle scroll, you get marked as a murderer, and the gryphons are hostile.

Also in Castle Aethdoc, until you tell someone that the mission is over for killing one of the lords, you can walk out the main door carrying loot. It takes many trips as even a full party to loot all the Castle, but it worth it.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #30
Killing Raven is not easy for a Singleton, even on Normal Difficulty. Basically, you have to bring in four to six Call Hunt beasts and Wind Warriors and charm the two Gryphon summons, keeping Raven surrounded and away from you. If you are next to Raven, it will savage you into oblivion, or keep you hanging by a Healing thread. If you stand back, it is immune to slowing, and is regarded as neither human nor beast. This means no Heartshock or Soul Lances. It has so many hit points, you'll burn through some elixirs if you opt to use Doom. I just let summons and charmed gryphons do all the slow, tedious whittling away at Raven. Simulacrum is fun to use on one of those glowing blue defenders too.

The "All Circle Scroll" Raven drops is overly-optimistically named. It only raises the first four circles three each, but does not raise Spirit Circle. Is it broken?

-S-

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #31
I don't think I tried except as Romans versus Raven. I used some summoned creatures to surround him so he couldn't hit me and whittled him down with ranged attacks. I had to remember to keep recharming his gryphons so I wouldn't get hit by them.

I haven't got that far yet as a singleton, but I know that I'll need that scroll to get call beast spell.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #32
I killed Raven as a Roman singleton using almost pure hack and slash, though it did require using either an Ambrosia, two summoning scrolls, or a ridiculous number of healing potions. But really, compared to Reptrakos, he was a cake walk. With enough armor and magic resistance not much can hurt you.

I'd bet the scroll is intended to work that way, given that Romans don't have access to Spirit Circle, and that Jeff seems to prefer avoiding those kinds of conflicts entirely rather than having to write extra code to handle them.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #33
Well, perhaps it should be renamed the "Most Circle Scroll." That wouldn't be so hard to do in comparison. I have a serious aversion to false advertising...well, to advertising...to deception period, really.

-S-

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
The scroll itself is accurately named. The real deception is that the Spirit Circle isn't a circle: it's actually an oval.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #35
This is only tangentially related, but it's funny.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #36
Ok, finished game as Celts, and now playing as Romans. My ? is: why would one bother to increase the individual weapon skills (melee, spear) when they get the same results from Roman Training? From the description, RT does the same, and gives you missile weapon benefits, and I think ups your resistances, too.

Am I missing something?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #37
It's a matter of skill point cost. After about Roman training 10 it starts to become cheaper to raise melee or spears and javelin or sling together. For starting it's better to do Roman training since it also gives resistance effects according to Slarty.

There are also trainers available for the normal weapons training if you want to spend money that way.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #38
I noted this early on in testing, and mentioned to Jeff that there was no reason to invest in Melee, Spears, Javelins, or Slings when you could simply train in Roman training to do the same thing to all three. It's three for the price of one, basically, plus its resistance bonus. I could have sworn he removed the effect on Javelins and Slings after that, so it only affected Melee and Spears, but I see it is still there or has been reinstated to its original glory.

Yup. Roman Training is massively powerful, and until it becomes prohibitively expensive, I'd train in it and Armor Use alone.

I am starting a Roman Singleton game now. See the Celt thread for what happened.

-S-

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #39
Synergy, you can get around the problem in your Celt game. Just look up the SDFs Cartimundus needs to accept your quest as complete (you certainly have the crowns!) and use the character editor to change them.

I'd actually recommend putting points in Strength and Armor Use first. There's very little elemental or magical damage in the first dungeon (until the very bottom of it). You get similar returns from Strength as far as melee damage, and it also allows you to bash doors and carry sufficient weight.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #40
Ok, thanks guys! I'm getting a better handle on how to focus on my Roman skill pts.

One other question: if I decided to get a 5th and/or 6th party member in Vanarium, would they slow down my level increases (i.e., is Exp divided by all available members)? I didn't bother w/ them in the Celt game, but haven't read about people using them for either side, and wondered why.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #41
A fifth characters slows down your experience gain just like any other characters in your party. You can't pick up a sixth character in Vanarium, though. The slot is reserved for area-specific characters.

—Alorael, who considers Vanarium highly useful for Romans and okay for Celts. You don't really lose anything by expanding your party, but a druid for the druidless is excellent and another fighter for a band of fighters is less so. Even worse, your fifth character is permanently stuck in the back.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #42
Hi,
I'm a Windows user so I still can't play Nethergate resurrection. Anyway, my question is, is this game a sequel of the old one, like a "part 2" and therefore I should play the old one first to understand the plot in a better way,

or is it the same game with improved technical/graphical characteristics, like exile--> avernum???
Thanks

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #43
It's not a sequel.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #44
Having a fifth character helps with carrying loot in areas where you can't return.

Nethergate: Resurrection is a remake of Nethergate with a different game engine and some extra material, Same basic story, but consider it an expanded edition with more to see and do.
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #45
My Roman "druid" has a 21 Rune Reading. When I equipped him w/ the Runeshield (+2 R.R.), nothing changed. Is there a max Rune Reading? That seems strange. Anyone have any ideas?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #46
As it turns out, the Rune Shield is broken, as is the Rune Reading given by the Knowledge Charm. I have notified Jeff, who will be releasing a patch to fix a few bugs, and hopefully, this will be fixed too.

-S-

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #47
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

As it turns out, the Rune Shield is broken, as is the Rune Reading given by the Knowledge Charm. I have notified Jeff, who will be releasing a patch to fix a few bugs, and hopefully, this will be fixed too.

-S-

Thanks for the scoop. I appreciate it.
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #48
Ok, working for the 3 Crones as the Romans, I didn't mind stealing the goblet from the Temple of Brigantia; didn't mind killing the Widow Queen; but didn't feel great about killing the Rose Lady. And I'm not sure I can stomach killing the Bazaar Master either.

But I'm definitely not ok w/ killing Sleek for his pelt for the witches of Hagfen. I just can't do it. I started to try it out, though, and wondered just what game effect his "mumbled curse" would have had. If anyone knows?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #49
The Selkie curse doesn't seem to have an effect on you. If it makes you feel better, after getting rewarded by the Hags, I go and kill them since they drop better loot.

This game loves to make you feel guilty. You can be moral or you can be a mercenary and kill everything for money and another dip in the blessing pool.

Pages