Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #75
How the heck do you even get 20 Woodscraft? Cheating, perhaps?

Edit: Darn! I did not want the fourth page. Sorry.

[ Thursday, July 19, 2007 07:19: Message edited by: A Thinking Fractal ]

--------------------
Slarty: "Why don't we all just get along?"

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #76
For a party of 5 where you can train in it, 20 woodcraft isn't that hard for the party's total.
Apprentice
Member # 8232
Profile #77
I'm trying to find Kharto...I killed the Goblin village ages ago, and can't seem to find him without them (I'm playing as Romans). Where is he?
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #78
It's my understanding that if you already wiped out the goblins close to the Fort that you aren't able to complete the seek-and-destroy mission on the Fomorian.

No Sylak's Crazy Sharpie for you!

[But for the record, he's a little ways west of there, within a square bordered by tall stone blocks IIRC]

[ Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:46: Message edited by: wary wanderer ]

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Apprentice
Member # 8232
Profile #79
Is there any way to kill Sylak? I got him to about 1/3 or so, with a ton of allies and most of his guards charmed, but then he cast this massive aoe that insta-killed half my party and healed a ton. Or is there just one ending for Romans?

What does food do? Seems pretty useless now.

[ Thursday, August 02, 2007 22:08: Message edited by: Bremen ]
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #80
is there any way to change to day in this?
(I have a dead fairy on a stone, because I arrive on day 5 in the crone caverns)

--------------------
Morbo is pleased but sticky...
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #81
Wow, really, the fairy was dead on Day 5? I'm surprised about that...a lot. That seems much too early. I never encountered that.

Sylak can no longer be killed, but you could kill him up until one of the last betas...which basically messed up the game.

Food is really quite unuseful, except very early on in the game when eating some restores a significant portion of your health.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator N:R Items The Lonely Celt A5 Items A5 Map
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #82
Are you sure that the dead fairy is important? Gaitlan is imprisoned in the southwest and I got him out much later in the game. Sure there were some stone guardians in the way, but you are eventually strong enough to handle them. There is a dead wolf in the north prison that is not the one you want.
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #83
my bad, it was Gaitlan, and I got him mixed up with one of the wolf carcasses.

Neither less the other question remains, is it in any way possible to edit/change the day?

[ Friday, August 17, 2007 02:24: Message edited by: Chilung ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #84
That was kind of fun. What do you do with the two dragon scales if you are a Roman? One for killing the dragon, the other found behind Reptrakos hall?

I could enter the first two sections of the Hall of the Lamp, but not the third section as Romans. How do I get into the third part?

I thought the spirit in the hedge maze was going to give me some clippers to escape. It just says you can leave now. It would have been better if he gave you some magical hedge clippers to escape. :P

[ Monday, August 20, 2007 17:41: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.

Add your one star vote to my tally.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #85
The Hall of the Lamp has one section that is only accessible to Roman parties and one that is only accessible to Celt parties.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #86
quote:
Originally written by I'll Steal Your Toast:

That was kind of fun. What do you do with the two dragon scales if you are a Roman? One for killing the dragon, the other found behind Reptrakos hall?

The scales are only used by the Celts. They aren't useful to the Romans.
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #87
actually you can get three scales (or at least there are three ways you can get the scales), not that's there's any use for the excess scales.

[ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 04:28: Message edited by: Chilung ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 9969
Profile #88
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Randomizer:

quote:
Step here again to revive the egg
Didn't Jeff mention on the forums once that Nethergate had an easter egg that no one ever found? Something about stepping in all the outdoor corners, or something similar? Does anyone remember something like that?

Dikiyoba.

Hello everybody.

I signed up just to say this, and I don't know if most people know where it is, but I blundered into the first spot you have to step on. It's a small patch of yellow mushrooms near the far west side of the valley in the woods north of the riven and south of the town. I think it types 'It Begins' or somesuch when you step on them.

Cheers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #89
North- Crate Crate Barrel.

What does that mean?

Where are the goblins the witch wants you to kill to get her skulls back? She said east, but the only goblin settlement I found was Galag-Trav. I looked all around Galag-Trav and didn't find them.

Why does the Blade of Vengeance do extra damage to goblins but not formorians?

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #90
Originally written by Igor:
North- Crate Crate Barrel.

What does that mean?

Push the 2 crates and barrel until they line up on the rugs along the west wall. When they are in the proper order, the portal send you to a different location.

Where are the goblins the witch wants you to kill to get her skulls back? She said east, but the only goblin settlement I found was Galag-Trav. I looked all around Galag-Trav and
didn't find them.

The goblins are hiding to the north and south outside the mountains surrounding Galag-Trav. One in the trashpit and the other in a cave near the river.

Why does the Blade of Vengeance do extra damage to goblins but not formorians?

Formorians need the Fomorian slayer blade. They are classed differently than humanoids since they are giants.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #91
Is it possible to kill the crones without the whole death curse thing?

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.

PLAY AVERNUM 1!!!!!!!!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #92
pretty close to the end you'll get to take your frustrations out on one of the crones (if you're a celt that is), either that or you could tamper with the area file if you're that desperate to kill them.
Just wait till close to the end its easier.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #93
Jeff put in an autokill node if you kill a witch in the Crone Cavern. You can do it about the middle of the game as a Celt.
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #94
In the Hall of Lamps, is there any way to get to the gated space connecting the "ends" of the celt and roman sides, behind (but unconnected to) the djini's lamp? It's my third playthrough, and I still haven't cracked that nut.

[ Tuesday, August 28, 2007 07:19: Message edited by: wary wanderer ]

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #95
On the Roman side there are some hidden rooms that have wheels to open areas so you have access to that final room north of the Djinn. Watch for cave slimes in the second room.

The Celts have to just go through a wall in the cave slime area.

Use the mapping spell to find the secret areas.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #96
EDIT: I finally found them in-game. New question: Where are the five beasts? I've found two--the one in the Goblin Fort and one...elsewhere--I don't remember right now--but I'm still missing three.

EDIT AGAIN: Make that missing two...I found the one in Anwnn.

Also, how do I get my woodcraft skill up to ten in order to find that wolf? The highest I've got is four.

[ Friday, August 31, 2007 14:07: Message edited by: DanielJacksonMPC ]

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #97
The 5 beast for the Celts are -
Goblin Pits on the lowest level
Ruined Hall on the lower level
Goagh-Nar on the middle level crypts
Castle Aethdoc in the south wing southeast corner
Annwn in the northwest part of the Valleys of Annwn

If you missed one of the last three then it's too late to go back when you leave.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #98
Right, thank you.

What about that wolf? That's how I need to "prove myself" for the Hall of the Lamp, right?

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Warrior
Member # 2156
Profile #99
Normally I'd say the walkthrough is enough, but the more I look at this game, the more I think that a quest checklist would be better. Anyone have one by any chance? Y'know, just:

Quest Name/Location recieved/Location of Quest

That way you could go down the list and check for ones you've missed. And if you need more info you can always use the walkthrough.

--------------------
I am the power Sodom used on Lot...

Name the movie, win a prize.

Pages