Nethergate Update Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nethergate Update Poll
Apprentice
Member # 6108
Profile #0
I have always been an avid Nethergate player, but there is always room for improvement, in my opinion, for face- :D lifts and upgrades. How many people think that Nethergate at some point eventually, should also be given an upgrade of face-lift?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ntxUNnjnAmxh"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ntxUNnjnAmxh"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Morgaine
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
If you mean Nethergate 2, I think it would be a great idea. I just hope Jeff will come up with a new story for it, instead of just giving a face-lift to Nethergate.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Nethergate doesn't need a facelift, and I'd rather see something original. Something original in the same vein as Nethergate would be very nice.

—Alorael, who would settle for something that's not Geneforge-esque.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
An update for Nethergate means less time for other games to be made.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
Like with Greta van Susteren, a facelift would merely makes things worse. Er... um... even if Greta were as attractive as Nethergate to start with... :confused:

I kind of shot myself in the foot with that analogy—and my foot was in my mouth when I shot it—but never mind. You know what I mean. I hope.
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #5
I voted both yea and nea. Yes, it should be updated as Nethergate 2, which while I would like, I don't expect. No, it should not be updated in itself, because it's pretty much all it's going to be, or indeed needs to be.

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Apprentice
Member # 6108
Profile #6
Well, it does seem that I am at least getting some honest, if not brutally honest, answers. Please encourage others to come to this board to post their votes as well, thank you all of you! :D

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Morgaine
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
I'd rather see Jeff put the effort into making a new game; though Nethergate could use an update, it's fine the way it is.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #8
I, for one, would like Jeff to Carbonize Nethergate so I don't have to run it on Classic, which has given me some problems over the past month. That's the worthiest update I can think of, but it's unnecessary for Windoze users.

Instead of a face-lift, a Nethergate 2 would be a neat idea. I need more Celts!

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I'm a little bit worried about what will become of all the older Spiderweb games when Apple ties the knot with Intel and starts burning bridges.

—Alorael, who likes to dream big. Why settle for Carbon when you could have Intel native?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #10
Yea, I loved the fact that the story line was differnent and it offered something completely new without losing the Avernum type engine. (I played it after the avernums by the way). I think a second one like that would be brilliant.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Exploding Head:

I'm a little bit worried about what will become of all the older Spiderweb games when Apple ties the knot with Intel and starts burning bridges.

—Alorael, who likes to dream big. Why settle for Carbon when you could have Intel native?

When I read about this in Macworld I just couldn't believe it. Insane. As if having to run Classic (which doesn't run all OS 9 programs) wasn't bad enough—now X applications will run in a new emulator and 9 stuff won't work at all.

Further proof that the entire computing industry has gone stark raving mad. I'm just sorry to see Apple becoming such an enthusiastic particpant in the tea party.

IMAGE(http://shopping.animazing.com/gallery/vintage/images/mad%20hatter%20with%20march%20hare%2040572_jpg.jpg)
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #12
Nethergate was a nice change from Avernum. I could finally play as my kind.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #13
I'd much rather have a sequel to Nethergate than a "face lift".

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #14
I agree. A sequel would be better than a facelift - and I haven't even beaten Nethergate yet! (I am trying, though - I just started yesterday!)

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #15
ACtually, a Nethergate 2 would be cool if it had the First Nethergame with a face-lift in it, and a second game of the same style.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Apprentice
Member # 7200
Profile #16
But then Neth2 would have a different Roman Emperor like one in the Flavian Dynasty of emperors or someting else like that. The Emperor Should either be Galba, Marcus Otho, Vittellius, Vespasian, Titus, Domitian, Nerva, Or Trajan. Either there must be a civil war going around, Like a Rebellion in Judea against Hadrian or any other emperor. If you're going backwards, Then It would be Either Julius Caesar, Augustus Caesar, Tiberius, Caigula, or Cladius. If it was Tiberius, I would like to be Germanicus, the War Hero and his Party. I'd like it to be Augustus if it could, but that's backwards. Nero was not even alive yet at the time!
How about you read here about how the storyline should be plotted:
http://www.pbs.org/empires/romans/empire/
I'm learning Rome at the end of the year, So it's Cool.
The Rebel between Boudica with the Celts are over. Learn about it here:
http://www.pbs.org/empires/romans/empire/boudica.html
There shold be a rebellions with the Christians and Jews like you could be a Roman Soldier Warring in Judea and executing people or you could be a Jew starting to escape from Dying by the Romans. When you escape, You could say Prayers of the Old testament like god and the messiah to increase your luck. And Same thing with the Romans in neth1.
Sorry for it being so long. I Just Study a lot. :P ;) :D :) :rolleyes:

--------------------
We People are So mad about scripts we ought to rewrite them all to the better.