What happened to... *POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What happened to... *POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #0
You know in the old geneforge there was Andras(incorrect?, havent played it in along time)
Greta mentions him, what happened to him? I remember at the end of it, there was andras and him sitting in a throne. What happened? And why doesn't the guardian(his other friend gawsh i forget too much) talk about him? It just says he spent time adventuring with Greta.

EDIT: I just noticed, inside of Alwans journal, his name is blacked out and it says something about an item. Does anyone know why everyone is so scared to speak of his name? It's driving me mad!!

[ Sunday, March 25, 2007 08:24: Message edited by: D.Drew2 ]

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
Not entirely sure what you are asking, really. I believe Andras was the default PC name in GF2, though. If your question is of the "what happened to my character from an earlier game", this has been discussed before at great length, and no agreed conclusion has been reached.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #2
You know? At the end of geneforge 3. Eh, i'll just look around for some answers. I'm only in 25% of the game.

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
Actually he had a love-affair with greta then locked out to become shaper monarch in G4 which is why shes so reluctant to talk about him :P

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Trust me, you do not want to click this link
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #4
What about Alwan? Oh, and thanks for answering 25% of my question :D

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
The protagonist of G3 can't be mentioned by name because the name is chosen by the player and therefore isn't anything specific, and his or her actions can't be referenced too specifically because you can do very different things and get very different endings.

Really, the only thing that's certain is that by the end of G3 your character will be very powerful and probably have other important people scared and/or angry.

—Alorael, who thinks Jeff did a reasonable job of conveying that. He also thinks this from the perspective of never having finished G3, so he understood everything that wasn't mentioned!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #6
SPOILER ALERT

I'm asking is he in the game and if so, where is he?

*cops sound*
Oh, and thanks again for answering my other half of the question.

[ Sunday, March 25, 2007 13:38: Message edited by: D.Drew2 ]

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
Apprentice
Member # 3612
Profile #7
*Spoilers ?

In Geneforge 3 there are three people who can join you. There are the two main ones Greta and Alwan in the early game. I also think there is a third, a shaper who will join you if you are a loyal shaper, I think (I was pro-rebel when I found him. He wouldn't join me because of it).

He is in Geneforge 4 too. In Shaper Monarch's holding cell is a captured shaper. I think it is the same one from Geneforge 3. -It sounds like he has become Pro-Trakovite.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
You're thinking of Khyryk, he does not join you in Geneforge 3. As for your own character in that game, it is supposed to be a mystery. One theory is that he is now Shaper Monarch, which would explain why both Geta and Alwan are nervous when it comes to talking about him. But really, we will never know.

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #9
You know, I think that there actually are some actions in GF3 dictated retroactively in GF4. And I'm not just talking about the endings.

It's mentioned (I forget by whom) that Rahul died. Perhaps Alwan? I likewise can't remember who was alleged to have done it, but I seem to remember that it might have been the GF3 PC.

Greta is the most telling about the PC, when you question her about her own history. She says she stopped adventuring with the PC, and went her own way.

P.S. Anybody feel free to contradict me. As soon as I went to post this, all my recollection flew out of my head. Similarly, my alleged info from Greta and Alwan would seem to be contradictory.
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #10
@emperor

he seems a bit old..maybe he messed up a spell that made him younger and turned him older :P (idk it's a dumb idea but it's still possible, why would he need to be younger? XD)

PS if you let him go, where does he go to, what zone, like which area, like southforge etc.

P.S.S what was the perfect belt combination?

P.S.S.S is there a website that lists all of the forge combinations?

P.S.S.S.S this is one of the longest PS's i've ever made

P.S.S.S.S.S i like applesauce

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #11
Monarch seems a bit old? All it really says is that he is bald, plus, canisters can have unusual effects on your features in rare cases, like Master Hodge.

PS If you let Monarch go, he goes West into Shaper lands to terrorize them. You will not encounter him again if you do that, and you will piss off the Shapers.

PPS Here is a threda will all anvil recipies.

PPPS When you make additional 'PS's, you add 'P's, not 'S's.

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
You're supposed to add Ps, not Ss. It's "post-postscript", not "postscript-script".

EDIT: Grr.

[ Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:53: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
Haha, you just got outthuryled.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
In this case you could write a post, a post-post, a post-post-post, and so on. Actually, better skip the post-post-post. PPP is already reserved.

—Alorael, who wouldn't go talking about post-scripts, though. Add all this garbage to your scripts and G4 won't work at all even without questionable editors tacked on.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7764
Profile #15
In GF1 one of my characters used the geneforge and built an empire,Yet in GF2 he must have had a heart attack overnight because nobody knows who he is!

Same in GF2,my barazite must have been abducted because in GF3 the shapers do not seem to know he ever existed.

Chances are in GF5 the same thing will happen and all the unbound will be gone for no reason.

--------------------
I have a karma of 2!Yay!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #16
I like think G5 will be a post-nuclear war type game were the land is ruined from the unbound and the humans have almost been wiped out and forgotten about the war just to survive.

I think I saw a game that had this theme once, you could walk around, do stuff, fight post-atomic mutants and even marry a wife and rais a family.

pity it was 16+, it looked quite good.

(Mind you, Freelancer had a 15+ rating yet is only about 7+ in what it actually contains!)

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Trust me, you do not want to click this link
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #17
The Ashen Islands are really the only place more or less untouched by the long arm of the GF4 plot. As such, it seems to be reserved for GF5.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #18
Given that G5 is supposed to be the last game in the main story arc, and given that each game has been in a new location, I'd be very surprised if the Ashen Isles were revisited -- especially since they were the site of the game with the least critical acclaim.

The only location I could realistically see being revisited would be Sucia Isle, and even that seems extremely unlikely.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Nija_Halycron:

I think I saw a game that had this theme once, you could walk around, do stuff, fight post-atomic mutants and even marry a wife and rais a family.

pity it was 16+, it looked quite good.

Fallout
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #20
How do we know G5 will be the end? Jeff did speak at one point of G1-3 as the 'first half' of the series, but clearly he could have been rounding. And I could certainly see the plot ending soonish; but I could also see it continuing a bit longer. There might be enough interesting stuff for two games if, for instance, the Sholai came in, or the Shapers splintered into factions. Has Jeff actually said anything about winding it up with one more game?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #21
I think at one point there was a vague assumption of a double trilogy, but I'm pretty sure Jeff posted once to say that G5 would wrap up the Geneforge story.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
Dikiyoba doesn't think he stated that directly, but he said something along the lines of G5 determining whether Shaping stays or goes, which seems pretty final.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #23
I have a question. Greta seems extremely emotional when talking about ( I'll simply refer to the gf3 version of us as Mr. Jingles!)Mr. Jingles, to say the least. Isn't it somewhat safe to assume that that at least kind of lessens the chances of him being Monarch? Of course she could always simply be oblivious to this fact and her reluctance to talk about him could simply be an ignorance on the matter or just that his name reminds her of all the pain he's caused. 'Course only Jeff knows for sure. Or does he....... :confused:

[ Tuesday, June 26, 2007 18:10: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #24
Nah, the G3 PC isn't Monarch. The G1 PC is.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.

Pages