What Spells Do You Wish You Could Cast?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What Spells Do You Wish You Could Cast?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
What spells do you wish you could cast? Me, I think I would like to be able to cast Diamond Spray (this is what Swarm Crystals and Jeweled Wands fire). The ability to level eight or more foes with blasts of energy would be an exciting prospect. Also, maybe a Mass Speed spell, for when you need to haste everyone nearby quickly.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

What spells do you wish you could cast? Me, I think I would like to be able to cast Diamond Spray (this is what Swarm Crystals and Jeweled Wands fire). The ability to level eight or more foes with blasts of energy would be an exciting prospect.
Yeah, it'd sure be a hell of a lot better than that Essence Lances spell.

quote:
Also, maybe a Mass Speed spell, for when you need to haste everyone nearby quickly.
Uh, Mass Energise already does that.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
You should have heard the beta testing howls of complaint when Jeff took out mass haste from mass energize. It was put back in the next beta. Aura of flames works almost as well as diamond spray but there are a few creations where you wish you had another spell. Wait until you face the nightmare worms of the Titan's Hall.
Apprentice
Member # 2018
Profile #3
I didn't find the nightmare worms all that nightmarish, truth be known. Even playing torment, my servile was able to snow them with mass madness very reliably.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #4
I would like:...

QUICKFIRE!!
:cool:

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
I would like a cure party spell, because divine restoration or whatever it's called in this game comes too late in the game.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
The Drayk/Drakon fire spell. Because it actually looks like fire.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
This is the Geneforge forum, why are we talking about what spells we want to cast? I want to shape serviles and golems!

[ Thursday, February 15, 2007 20:00: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
No, what we should have is greater ability to customize creations beyond the 4 main stats, and for it not to be as overly expensive in essence to do so.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 7921
Profile #9
I wouild like a spell like Essence Shackles, only stronger so that I can immobilize an enemy for at least one round. I seem to get nailed by this kind of spell, but can't throw one back.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
Essence shackles is a missle spell so you need dexterity and/or missle weapons. When I first tried it I never could hit anything. I had to use mass madness to do the same thing.
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Essence shackles is a missle spell so you need dexterity and/or missle weapons.
Are you sure about this, Randomizer? I didn't think that any spellcasting in GF4 was dependent upon statistics other than intelligence and ability in the spell class of interest, unlike using crystals/gems/fibers, for which dexterity and missile weapons determine their effectiveness.

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #12
Submission Bolt - Fires a bolt of energy at a foe, which damages and stuns. (Think Submission Baton)

Disruption - Disrupts a single creation, causing incredible amounts of damage. Useless against non-creation opponents.

Shockwave - Does heavy damage to all nearby enemies and surrounds them with a Lightning Aura.

Incapacitate - Slows, Curses, Weakens, and Dazes a single opponent. Does no damage.

Mass Regeneration - Like Regeneration, but affects all nearby allies.

Essence Shroud - Hides a single target, boosting stealth and making it much harder to be hit.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Mass Regeneration - Like Regeneration, but affects all nearby allies.
Mass Energise gives a regeneration effect, although admittedly that's not usually the main reason to use it.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #14
The chance of hitting with Essence Shackles, as with any spell, is dependent on your skill in Spellcraft, your skill in the spell's field (in this case, Mental Magic), and your skill in the spell itself. It is NEVER dependent on Intelligence, Dexterity, Missile Weapons, or anything else.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #15
As a Servile mage I always hit with Essence Shackles, it's not that hard.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
I assume Essence Shackles and Wrack have a substantial innate to-hit bonus, since my lifecrafter had a 0% hit rate with battle magic against many opponents, but hit even the harder optional bosses at least 60% of the time with Wrack and Essence Shackles, despite mental magic only being a couple of points higher than battle magic.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #17
I never could hit with essence shackles my first time through as a lifecrafter after I got the spell in the Fens. I thought my mental magic and spellcraft were high enough, but I'd have to check.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #18
The non-damage spells might begin with a base 100% to-hit instead of the standard elemental to-hits (60% fire, 70% magic/acid, 80% ice). Or they might begin with 70%. I don't really remember.

Do note that "a couple of points" difference in spell skill is worth 5% to-hit per point, so that could be a big chunk of what you saw.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
It was literally a couple of points; my battle magic was 7 and my mental magic was 9, after item bonuses.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #20
My lifecrafter has no trouble hitting with essence shackles and his mental magic is only 7, with the only spellcraft from quest rewards. Not that I really need essence shackles, with cryodrayks, ur-glaahks and wingbolts to protect me :)

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #21
Lower resistances - Lowers elemental/magic/poison/acid resistance.

Essence Drain - Only affects creations. When creation dies, you gain some essence.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #22
Shatter. Subtracts the enemy's spell energy from yours. If you have enough, the enemy will be permanently Dazed, even if it takes damage. If you don't, your essence and spell energy will be drained to zero, and your health will be drained to 1.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #23
I would have every spell in all of the spiderweb games, so I could blow up people I didn't like and get away with it.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #24
I don't know if it still works, but in Geneforge 3 I found you could kill people and get away with it by surrounding them with pyroroamers and then absorbing them. If it did enough damage to kill them, you still wouldn't suffer the consequences of triggering people being hostile.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s

Pages