AverCensus

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: AverCensus
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
Ahhh, yes. Another census. This one, however, is strictly Avernum related.

1) Which is your favorite Avernum game?
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class?
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class?
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum?
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel?
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword?
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd?
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow?
9) What is your favorite thrown missile?
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most?
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose?
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be?
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party?
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4)
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be?
16) Who is your favorite dragon?
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.)
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum?
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee?
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers?
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party?
22) Who is your favorite villain?
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it?
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series?
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire?
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in?
27) What's your favorite Xian Item?
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose?
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series?
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series?
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine?
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be?
33) What's your favorite special item?
34) Do you have your characters wear pants?
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? BoA.
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Melee (Daggers/Swords)
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Bows
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Arcane Shield, though A4's Smite is a close runner-up.
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? Bind Foe.
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? Icy Longsword, or the one-handed Demonslayer in A4.
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Lance of Justice.
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Fury Crossbow.
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Sling, or the A4 Fine Razordisks.
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? Gazers, especially the earlier ones that could sap Spell energy.
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? Cheeseball. Don't ask why.
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? The destruction of Cotra.
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? That Empire Archer that was slimed down in the Slime Pits near Krizan. The guy was a loon, and yet was hilarious.
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) The Black Shade of Ice. The other two seemed somewhat disappointing.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? Emperor Hawthorne.
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Athron or Sulfras, I can't decide.
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) Plate mail. Particularly the Emerald Chestguard.
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? Priest.
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Fight.
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? Saving the world, and getting rich while doing it.
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? Erika.
22) Who is your favorite villain? The leader of the Darkside Loyalists. (Can't remember his name.)
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Probably.
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? The GIFTS.
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? Lorelei.
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? Magic and Archery.
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? The Xian Pouch.
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? Vatanas.
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Defense for A1 through 3 and BoA, Parry for A4.
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Hardiness.
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? Lizard meat. Mmm, mmm, disgusting!
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? The ability to forge items, like in Geneforge.
33) What's your favorite special item? The Vahnatai Statue in A3. The description when you first get it is priceless.
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? Yes, and at all times. When I needed to place pants on the one rune, I literally went back to town just to find an extra pair of pants.
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? The Empire would have left Avernum abandoned, after killing it's inhabitants.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Apprentice
Member # 7661
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Ahhh, yes. Another census. This one, however, is strictly Avernum related.

1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? Avernum 4 or Blades of Avernum not reallys urebecause I haven't yet played Blades of Avernum that much.
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? I like spears haldberds and other pole weaponary.
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Bows in Avernum 4 and slings in other Avernums bcause they never run out of ammunition. :)
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? I really really like Lightening Spray.
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? It has been there since the beginning iIRC?
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? The one in Avernum 3 that gave action points don't remember its name though.
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? The black one. :D
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Heh, probably the one from the wyrm-place even though I hate that mission.
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Rocks from a blessed sling.
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? The ones that take away my magic casting skills. Null bugs, I think?
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? Means if I could be a character in the serie which one? Then Patrick, because he has got a nice tower. :)
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? I would not let the empire destroy the slith villages. Avernum 2 I think.
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? Maybe Patrick or X
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) The one in Dharmon and Blosk.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? The dragon that lived in that maze area because I think he was annoying.
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Motrax, but he died. :(
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) The one with the most protection and bonuses.
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? I could work in the Tower of Magi.
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Fight, in case the enemies aren't too strong.
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? Boredom?
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? Patrick or one of the Anama loonies.
22) Who is your favorite villain? I don't know there are so many to choose from! :D
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Would not everyone? :rolleyes:
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? Heh, that demon-mage Linda.
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? I liked Gale
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? In magic and fighting.
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? THe plant. :D
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? I dont even remember there being other continents? :confused:
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Strenght or dexterity so you can carry stuff and dexterity because of the movement.
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Nature lore because there are enough treasures even without the supply boxes.
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be?
33) What's your favorite special item? I only remember keys. :/
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? Always
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened?

They all would have died eventually.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
Avernum 3.
Pole Weapons.
Bows.
Dispel Barrier.
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel?
Do you mean from an Exile game that was removed in Avernum? I miss shockwave.
Demonslayer, I'm nostalgic.
Black Halberd, that dungeon was hard and it made the prize sweeter than it really was.
Fury Crossbow... because I can't think of any others.
Razordisks. You can't throw rocks anymore, right?
Anything that uses summoning spells. Demons, I suppose, are the worst when it comes to this.
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose?
Garzahd, I really want to know more about this guy.
Stop Bon-Ihrno from doing his thing. Then the Empire and Vahnatai could have allied and divided the Avernum caves between them. The resulting Empire-Vahnatai War would have been fun.
Rentar!
The one that destroyed Blossk (I hated that city).
Erika. She seems to throw off the balance of power where ever she goes. No fun.
Pyrog, he knew how to deal with pesky adventurers.
Plate. Only cheaters use mages and priests anyway.
Politician, of course. I would fail at mage school, I would fail at guard school... that pretty much leaves running for office. If I had to pick a peasant job, I would be a fletcher.
In the game? Fight!
Build up my reputation before my coup d'etat against King Micah.
Rentar again?
Rentar again.
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it?
Anyone who says they wouldn't is lying.
Solberg. That guy needs to grow a pair.
Formello, nice place.
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in?
Character editor... everything.
Xian Coins. Mmm, free money.
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose?
Where does the Empress live?
Strength. Carry things... beat things...
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series?
Potion making.
Marinated Mushrooms.
Lightsabers!?!
Phoenix Egg.
Always.
Holocaust? Followed by denial of holocaust. Probably followed by history repeating itself (no sense in letting these caves go to waste).

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? Avernum 2
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? sword
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? bow
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? varies with the situation
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? Oozing blade
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Smite
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Bow of Decay
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? fine razordisks
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? Mung Demon for the dumbfounding and loss of spell points
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? X
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? Hawthorne's assasination before getting Garzhad
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? X
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) Ice
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? Chevyn
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Khoth
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) Robe of the Archmagi or quicksilver chainmail
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? Merchant
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Always fight
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? Shoved into the Pit
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? X
22) Who is your favorite villain? Garzhad
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? no
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? Chevyn
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? Dharmon
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? almost all of them but mostly the spellcasting ones
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? Book
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? Valorium
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Magery
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? First Aid
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? cake
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? bag of holding
33) What's your favorite special item? Orb of Thrani
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? yes
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? Everyone dead that they could find.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Avernum 2.
Swords.
Bows.
Divine Warrior.
Divine Warrior
The Alien Blade. The Mithril Blade is better but the Alien Blade is the most fun.
The Black Halberd.
The Fury Crossbow. I can't even remember any other good ones before A4.
I don't use them. In E3 I did like the returning dart.
Things that split, especially Doomguards.
Patrick. He has a good, productive life. He finds love unlike most other Avernite wizards. He knows when it's over and how to bow out respectably.
The birth of Starrus. Having Chevyn in charge would have been very interesting.
Erika, not that there are many actual characters in Avernum.
The shade of fear. It had fun effects.
I don't hate any of them enough to start waving obliteration around.
Khoth. I identify with him!
Chain. I just like it, and it works nicely for just about everyone. Don't leave character creation without a few Natural Mages.
Mage. They're the ones running the show, and they get all the best eccentricities.
Don't live to fight another day! Live not to have to. Plus killing things gets all the best treasure and more experience.
See 19.
Patrick or Erika.
I can't say I'm fond of any of the villains, really. Rentar is the only one who has any character, though, so Rentar it is.
Of course. Gale, here I come!
Bureaucrats. Always the bureaucrats.
Formello. It has a great location and beautiful scenery. It also seems to be the least assaulted of Avernum's cities. Lorelei is nice on the surface except for the falling rocks.
Warrior priest.
Xian Pouch. If you're going to have goofy items, you should have very goofy items.
Doston, har har.
Priest. You can't get far without a priest.
Throwing. Who throws?
Mushroom merlot.
Better characters. Or just character for the existing characters.
The Wand of Unusual Results, and I don't care that it doesn't appear in Avernum.
Yes, but only because there are no kilts.
Every Avernite would die, and that would be that. The the vahnatai would have really butchered the Empire. Everyone loses.

—Alorael, who can't say he feels terribly compelled by any of these questions. Maybe he's just running out of faux witticisms.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
There's been a bit of confusion about question 5, so allow me to clarify. In each of the Avernum installments, the spell roster has been slightly different. Certain spells were heavily modified or replaced with new spells. Examples of this are Bind Foe (replaced in A3 with Spray Acid), Safe Travel (replaced in BoA with Enduring Barrier), Capture Soul (changed in BoA to Capture Mind), Simulacrum (function was heavily changed in BoA), and probably a few more that I'm missing. Hopefully that clears things up.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
I guess that's what I get for cheating and never using mage spells that weren't offensive damaging ones.
quote:
Alorael:
I don't hate any of them enough to start waving obliteration around.
You just said that because you knew it would piss me off, didn't you?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
1) A2.
2) Longswords.
3) Regular bows.
4) Divine RETRIBUTION!!!!!!!!!!
5) Divine Warrior.
6) Mithril Blade, from A3.
7) Jade Halberd.
8) Fury Crossbow.
9) Slings.
10) Ahem... undead. Skeletal Warriors, to be more specific. That, or Alien Beasts, for sheer unoriginality.
11) General Baziron... 'cause he's awesome, and the only Empire official with a clue in A3.
12) Linda's first demon.
13) Tough one... maybe... um... Bon-Ihrno. I'll go with him.
14) Well, there was only one Black Shade... but I liked the Shade in Almaria... it had the most interesting effects on the plot. Of course, the Blosk/Dharmon shade gets a close second place.
15) Linda. She screws up everything.
16) Motrax, by miles. Poor Motrax...
17) Good chain mail is the best.
18) Messenger.
19) Fight! Odds are they attacked first, anyway!
20) Love of adventure, seeing new and interesting places, killing exotic and angry monsters... but mostly seeing amazing places.
21) X.
22) Vahkhos, for being somewhat reluctant.
23) Of course! Who wouldn't?
24) Rentar.
25) Either Formello, Avit, or... erm... none of the Empire towns really stand out to me... they're all cool for being on the surface.
26) Pathfinder, Priest Spells, Nature/Cave Lore, and Bows.
27) The shrub. Who doesn't like gardening?
28) Vantanas, hands down. Thus my next scenario.
29) Defense.
30) Hardiness.
31) Good ol' Dried Meat.
32) Well, I kind of wish that some more of the stuff promised for A3 had really been fulfilled more... "endless courier missions" do not equal a job.
33) Orb of Thralni... don't care if it doesn't count.
34) Yes.
35) A much, much, more embittered resistance, followed by another war, eventually. That, or fully-fledged Empire colonization of the caves, and a return to simple executions instead of exiling people.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
A little bit.

Actually, I considered picking a number of answers just to oppose yours, but most of them weren't funny enough to be worth writing.

—Alorael, who can rephrase it to be closer to what he meant. Spiderweb games have so few characters that you can't go around excising them. On the other hand, you could remove the vast majority of the personalities appearing in the games without altering them in the slightest.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #10
Avernum 2.
Spearman/Priest.
Mage/Archer.
Lightning Strike.
N/A.
-X-'s custom-made sickle.
-X-'s custom-made spear.
-X-'s custom-made bow.
-X- hates them all
Gazers, Eyebeasts, and Mung Demons.
X. Of course.
X's lizard from dying.
X. Of course.
The Black Shade of Rage.
King Starrus.
Khoth.
Heavily enchanted robes.
Wizard. As in, magical research.
Fight!
The Thirst for knowledge.
X. Of course.
The Inverted-Crown guy.
Yes.
N/A. Unless you are including Blades of Avernum. Then it's the nobles in the bar in Rats Aplenty.
The tower of Magi.
Magic, Clericism, Tool Use, and First Aid
The Xian Skull.
The one were the Empire originated.
Mage Skill/
Luck.
Dried Meat.
-X-. ;)
-X-'s custom-made robe.
Yes.
The games would have stopped there. Or gone on to bloody civil war.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Avernum 2.

Halberds.

Slings.

Divine fire.

Level 3 haste.

Fine waveblades.

Jade halberd.

Razordisks.

Mung demons.

Kill Rentar-Ihrno at the end of A3.

The one slith in Gnass who aids the slith refugees. Assotho, perhaps?

Linda

Motrax.

Green tunics.

Scavenger/junk trader.

Fight!

To defend Avernum, but were too unruly to be in the regular army.

Rita Cskany.

Yes.

Priest spells, plus a few mage spells.

Xian skull.

Priest spells.

First aid.

Deli sandwich.

Onyx scepter.

Yes.

Everyone in Exile would have been killed unless they were sufficently timid to be enslaved, useful enough to be spared, or powerful enough to escape. Then the Empire and vahnatai would get involved in a massive war.

Dikiyoba decided not to answer some of the questions because Dikiyoba couldn't think of a good answer to them right away.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #12
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Sword? There aren't any others
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Bow and arrows- no contest
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Bind foe Level 3- the best choice for singletons
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? Bind foe
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? The icy longsword
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Jade of course, but the Bloodthirst spear comes in second
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Blessed
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Razordisks
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? those fungi that the empire has everywhere
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? Someone who doesn't die
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? the destruction of the Tower of Magi
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? I don't know
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) Never met them
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? The stupid floating fungi
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Athron
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) Plate
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? sage
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Fight 'em
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? Nothing better to do
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? One of the crazy ones
22) Who is your favorite villain? Sss-Thisss
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Of course
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? The children
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? Blosk
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? The skull
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? The jungle one
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Blademaster
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Find herbs
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? I don't eat
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? The ability to ride lizards
33) What's your favorite special item? Phoenix Egg
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? No adventure is complet without them
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? Bad things

[ Sunday, November 19, 2006 19:18: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #13
1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? 2
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Waveblade
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Razordisk
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Cloud of Blades
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? See Above
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? Fine Waveblade
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Jade Halberd
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Composite Bow
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Fine Razordisk
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? Tie between Dark Wyrm and Mung Demon
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? X
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? Empire invasion
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? Erika
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) I didn't particularly like any of them.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? Linda
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Khoth
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) Plate Mail
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? Mercenary
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Depends on the strenght of the enemies and my health. I usually fight because I want the XP.
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? Save the world
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? Erika
22) Who is your favorite villain? Limoncelli
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Of course
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? Chevyn
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? Dharmon
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? I tend to dabble in a bit of everything.
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? Skull
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? Pralgad
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Intelligence
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Luck
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? Lizard Haunch
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? More plot diversity
33) What's your favorite special item? Orb of Thralni
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? Not usually.
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? A3 would have been quite different. :P

[ Sunday, November 19, 2006 21:11: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #14
I have only played A4, so I am unable to accurately answer all of the questions...

But as far as I can answer the questions I must agree 100% with -X- I have nothing to add to his answers!

In fact, I have already decided that I will buy A5 and A6 for no other reason than because I want to see the anvil spell X is working on in A4 in action, and as a spell usable by a player-character.

Jeff better include this spell in the sequels! :cool:

In addition, I've always been a fan of magic wielders in any CRPG.

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #15
1)I don't have a favorite; they're all good.
2)Whatever one-handed weapon kills my enemies the fastest.
3)I prefer not to use missiles.
4)It's kind of a toss-up between Divine Warrior and Arcane Shield.
5)Not so much one spell removed, but the way it works. Level 3 Haste used to target all PCs and nearby friendly characters; now it only targets one person.
6)The strongest one-handed one I can find.
7)Again, the strongest one-handed one I can find.
8)I don't use missiles.
9)See #8.
10)Anything that dumbfounds or drains spell points--or worse, does both.
11)X. Need I say more?
12)(A3/E3 endgame spoiler) Erika getting killed. I'd like to have seen her get some real revenge.
13)I'd have to go with X. He's supposed to be a bit wacky, like I am.
14)I've only encountered the one so far in Formello. I don't have the registered version yet.
15)It's a toss-up between Garzahd and Emperor Hawthorne, but they're dead already.
16)Motrax. Too bad he dies after E2/A2.
17)Anything with an encumbrance of zero, unless I have the "Natural Mage" character trait.
18)A general in the army.
19)Meet them on the field of battle, blow them to bits, and take their stuff.
20)Pure, unadulterated boredom.
21)It's a tie between Erika and X; they're both powerful spellcasting nutjobs (though that last bit is shown more with X).
22)Dead ones.
23)Yes, in A3 on the surface.)
24)Just about every bureaucrat in the game.
25)Fort Emergence. Good as a base of operations.
26)Both Mage spells and Priest spells (as is usual with me), plus really high strength, dexterity, intelligence, and endurance.
27)Xian coin. The reason should be obvious.
28)Valorim.
29)Luck, hands down. Saved my life on countless occasions.
30)Sharpshooter, but then again, I don't use bows.
31)Food teleported from the surface.
32)Some kind of "clairvoyance"-type skill. It helps to know what's coming.
33)Orb of Thralni. Enough said.
34)Yes, because it adds a little to my armor rating.
35)Avernum would've been annexed into the Empire, and there'd be endless war with the Vahnatai.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? Hmm. BoA, I suppose, although honorable mention to A2 and A3 (for almost opposite reasons).
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Sword, which is kind of blasphemous, given my scenario designing.
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Slings!
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Bolt of Fire! Ol' reliable.
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? Duh, Divine Warrior.
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? God Longsword. :P Other than BoA, Demonslayer.
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? The Divine Slith Spear in BoA or the Black Halberd outside of it.
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? The Crystal Wand, which is technically a sling. Outside BoA, the Fury Crossbow.
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Razordisks.
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? Alien Beasts. Lame.
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? The guy in the university in Lorelei.
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? Starrus's birth, for sure. Such a cop-out.
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? Erika, I suppose.
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) Not sure that I had a favorite, but they were definitely the brightest part of A4.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? Starrus. That guy is going down.
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Sulfras.
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) The relevant artifact from A3, which I've forgotten. A3 had the best items, really.
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? Study at Patrick's Tower. It seems a lot safer than the Tower of Magi.
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Fight!
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? I didn't choose the life. The life chose me.
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? Patrick. Almost X, but he's too much a single gimick.
22) Who is your favorite villain? Grah-Hoth or Limoncelli.
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Sure, why not.
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? Gah, Rentar.
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? Lorelei.
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? Magic and a little with weapons.
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? The skull, of course.
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? Pralgad.
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? After the obvious Mage Spells and Priest Spells, it was Gymnastics in A1 and A2. Probably Assassination in A3/BoA. Not sure I care in A4.
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Pathfinder.
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? Mushrooms!
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? Riding lizards and legitimate jobs are two good ones. I'd really like a game that combined a fun sort of plot like A2 and the great locations and characterizations of A3. I still don't think that Jeff has put together a really complete Avernum game yet.
33) What's your favorite special item? Phoenix Egg.
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? Yes. If only for the armor and, in A3, the enchanting.
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? Some deus ex machina from Jeff to make A3 essentially the same. What should've happened is another story: probably wholesale massacre of Avernites, leading to large numbers of refugee camps in scattered obscure areas of Avernum, all hiding from patrolling Empire guards.

Woah. That's an amazing idea for a scenario.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by SevenMass:

In fact, I have already decided that I will buy A5 and A6 for no other reason than because I want to see the anvil spell X is working on in A4 in action, and as a spell usable by a player-character.
Don't hold your breath... X's been working on that spell since Exile 1.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #18
It's obviously the most important project he could possibly be working on. He was too busy teleporting anvils around to notice the demons Linda had been summoning in the Tower.

I'd love the spell description for it, though.

Summon Anvil - This awesome spell summons forth a massive, iron anvil above the head of your foe. When it falls, it deals significant melee damage and often stuns whomever it hits. As you gain skill with this spell, the number of targets increases and the anvils summoned will become heavier and heavier.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #19
Someone needs to put that in a BOA scenario as a special spell. That would rock.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #20
I seem to recall that somebody did it in BoE, but I'm certain that it could be made to look far cooler in BoA.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
I don't think anyone should ever use that spell but X. Besides, think of the shock on everyone's faces when X's ultimate spell of anvil destruction becomes the key to his plans for world domination.

—Alorael, who thinks X would make a nearly perfect benevolent dictator. He'd leave everyone to their own devices until they started disturbing his work, and then his solutions would be quick, neat, final, and quite probably hilarious
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #22
1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? BoA
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Sword
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Bow
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Enduring Shield
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? Um... I miss Magic Map(BoE) which was replaced with Far Sight but it doesn't work as well.
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword?Flaming Sword
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Blessed Halberd
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Klinger's Bow
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? razordisks
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? powerful mages
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? I didn't pay close enough attention to remember names... any fletcher.
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? The destruction of the Tower of Magi.
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? Again with the remembering details... that dryad that gave/sold/taught you that thing/spell/recipe.
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4)I don't.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be?The one in my way.
16) Who is your favorite dragon?Khoth
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.)Blessed Studded
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? Fletcher
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee?fight
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers?Normal life is just too dull. Excitement is needed.
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party?x
22) Who is your favorite villain?gran-hoth(sp?)
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it?of course
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series?linda
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire?home
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in?sword bow mage priest... eventually all of them.
27) What's your favorite Xian Item?whatian?
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose?Aizo
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series?tools
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series?thrown missile, I prefer bows
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine?Dried meat otherwise known as beef jerky, yumm.
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be?The ability to wear two rings.
33) What's your favorite special item?The escape clause.
34) Do you have your characters wear pants?BoE, no. BoA, yes. As long as they don't take up an invitory slot I might as well.
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? The empire would have been overrun by Vahanati plagues.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #23
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Swords, dual-wielded by my ambidexterious fighter. (Some things were more fun in Exile.)
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Slings, because they don't require tons of ammunition.
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Major Blessing (or whatever the Avernum equivalent is called)
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? Field spells in Exile were fun to play around with. Especially anti-magic fields.
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? Anything that works for chopping off heads.
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Anything that works for chopping off big heads.
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Anything that works...
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Razordisks are fun because they are exotic weapons associated with Vahnatai.
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? Lots of spiders (web, web, web, ...), or magic users that summon legions of weak monsters, making battles last forever.
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? Trajkov (*spoiler for Gf1 removed*)
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? Any of the demon summonings.
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? see #11
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) I didn't like A4 enough to meet any of them.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? Rentar-Ihrno, so the plots would get better villains.
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Motrax.
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) Mithril chainmail.
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? mage
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? fight
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? adventure
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? Motrax (dragons have access to both mage and priest spells)
22) Who is your favorite villain? Trjakov (he is a villain if you play as a loyalist)
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Who wouldn't?
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? not sure
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? not sure
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? Priest/fighter/mage (although I never completed any Avernums with a singleton, so I am not sure if this skill mix would work)
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? which ones were there?
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? Imperial capital must be an impressive place.
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? not sure
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? not sure
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? Is this the question where we show our sence of humor by saying "weird meat"?
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? Exile's spell system, with all the fun spells.
33) What's your favorite special item? Orb of Thralni
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? Only if they give a stat bonus.
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? Retroactive change of all sentences from "exile" to "execution".

[ Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:39: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #24
1) Which is your favorite Avernum game? A4
2) What is your favorite melee weapon class? Sword
3) What is your favorite missile weapon class? Bow
4) What is your favorite spell in Avernum? Lightning Spray
5) What spell did you like in an earlier Avernum game, but was removed in a later sequel? Divine Warrior
6) What is your favorite dagger/sword? Demonslayer
7) What is your favorite spear/pike/halberd? Jade Halberd
8) What is your favorite bow/crossbow? Elivari's Bow
9) What is your favorite thrown missile? Never use them.
10) Which enemy type do you hate the most? Altered Giant
11) If you could stand-in for any character in the game aside from the party, which character would you choose? Solberg, duh
12) If you could stop or change one event in Avernum, what would it be? Erika's sending up those first adventurers who killed Hawthorne.
13) Who is your favorite character, aside from the party? Again...Solberg!
14) Which Black Shade did you like the most? (A4) The one in Almaria, it didn't summon anything against my party.
15) If you could destroy one being in Avernum, who/what would it be? The dragon Sulfras!
16) Who is your favorite dragon? Motrax
17) What type of armor do you prefer? (Leather, chain mail, etc.) Plate Mail
18) Aside from adventuring, which profession would you take in Avernum? Royal Guard
19) Do you prefer to fight enemies, or would you rather flee? Fight
20) What reasons do you have for becoming adventurers? Fame, glory, and love of killing!
21) Who is your favorite mage/priest outside of your party? Once again, Solberg!
22) Who is your favorite villain? Dorikas
23) If you had the chance to have a cameo of yourself inserted in any of the Avernum series, would you take it? Sure would.
24) Who was the most annoying non-party character in the Avernum series? Commander Johnson.
25) What is your favorite city in Avernum or the Empire? A1-2 Hidden Tower (Solberg's Tower), A3 Portal Fortress, A4 Partick's Tower
26) If you had just one character in your party, what skills would he/she be trained in? All of them!
27) What's your favorite Xian Item? Skull
28) If you could travel to any of the continents on the surface, which one would you choose? None
29) Which skill do you think is the MOST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Blademaster
30) Which skill do you think is the LEAST valuable in the entire Avernum series? Quick Strike
31) What is your favorite Avernum cuisine? Almarian Wine
32) If there was one thing you could add to the Avernum series, what would it be? Too many to add here.
33) What's your favorite special item? Sss-Thss' head
34) Do you have your characters wear pants? Yes
35) If Avernum had lost the Avernum/Empire War, what do you think would've happened? All Avernites would either be dead or hidden in the most remote caves. The Avernite nation would be no more. Also A3 and 4 would be non-existant as we know it.

[ Tuesday, November 21, 2006 15:08: Message edited by: Arch-Mage Solberg ]

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.

Pages