War

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: War
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
What do think about the shaper/rebel war and who would you be in that war? what would be your choices?
And what do you think about war.

[ Wednesday, January 03, 2007 01:59: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #1
I would join the rebels if they fixed their system and worked better together, or a different sect which allowed lots of canisters and alterations.

Otherwise, I'd just be like Sharon in G2, or some insane, unaligned shaper.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
Nalyd would be a Shaper, without a doubt. Besides the fact that they're winning, their rewards are superior by far.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #3
The rebels have several organisation errors, so I'd have to say Shapers for now.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #4
Assuming Tullegolite wasn't an option? Hmm, do I hate creations more than I crave power? I think so. I'd have to go with Shapers. I would be willing to give up canisters if it mean not having to bow to drakon scum.

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #5
Given the attitude that seems to be built into the Drakons -- perhaps as a result of their shaping themselves -- I wouldn't have much choice. Neither the Drakons nor the Shapers are much interested in leaving the rest of the world alone, so neutrality would not be a good option. Moreover, a civilized (though unfree) world in which Shaping is controlled and canisters are banned has a better chance of evolving into something I like than is an anarchic hell-on-earth dominated by the latest generation of ego-mad unearthly-powerful inhuman carnivore-gods. I would doubtless end up as a staff officer for the Shapers. And I would probably die in a soon-forgotten battle against an obscure sect of canister users.

(But while I lived I would press endlessly for reforms of Shaper tactics - "Don't act like CRPG clay ducks, people! If a stranger comes in and kills you two at a time, either pursue him, yes, even over the edge of the screen, or consolidate somewhere else! Or at least, you know, fortify a little better...")

To answer the other question, I think war is a dreadful thing, but that submitting to the rule of the Drakons (let alone whatever comes after them) would be worse. "Nobody likes to fight but somebody had better know how."

[ Wednesday, January 03, 2007 16:04: Message edited by: Alberich ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #6
I'd definitely choose the Rebellion over the Shapers. Viva La Rebellion!

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #7
Definately the Shapers, the Drakons use the same methods and are more extreme than the shapers. And, if I am allowed to bring G4 into the picture, you see how little they care for human life.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
I don't really care for war, whether real of fictional.

In the shaper/rebel war, I'd prefer to be an unaligned shaper, far from the fighting as possible.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Now that the Awakened are gone, Dikiyoba will have to vote for the Shapers.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #10
you should have made this a poll. I would join the shapers simply becuase their more stable. I don't like the idea of constanly checking to make sure my freinds are my freinds and my enemies are my enemies. That may be my weaknes against that kind of internal strife/infilitration. I choose to compenstate by join an orgnization that is less likely to betray me.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
I'm for the Rebellion since it forces change and you can always eliminate the worst aspects of it later. Shapers would keep things the same and leave the lesser people to survive in the aftermath.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #12
Do all you suckers who say you're going with the rebels realize that you're going to be drakon slaves? Not only will you be at their every command during the war, but odds are should they win, you'll be reduced to slavery. They even prefer serviles to humans! You're screwed if you join them. At least you can hope for a somewhat normal life if you join the Shapers. Hell, if you serve them half decently, they may even let you join their ranks as a full shaper!

The Mystic, and people like him, they're just cowards. No matter who wins, they lose, because you will be found eventually, no matter how hard you try to hide. The winners will find you, and they will most likely kill you for not supporting them during the war. Or, if they find you while the war is still going on, they will probably not give you the benefit of the doubt, assume you are a spy, and kill you. Thus die all cowards.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
Even a lousy apprentice in GF4 can kill a drakon. I did it enough times. With all the cryodrayks and drayks that hate the drakons and ur-drakons, it won't be that hard to pull them down. All they have going for them are the Unbound.
Warrior
Member # 7764
Profile #14
I'd choose the shapers (but make keeping myself alive my first priority obviously)

If I could choose anything though it would be a Tullegolite (But only to stop Emperor Tullegolar from killing me or worse :P )

[ Thursday, January 04, 2007 07:35: Message edited by: Tarrasque ]

--------------------
I have a karma of 2!Yay!
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #15
ET, how would rebel shapers become drakon slaves? Any shaper that followed throughout the entire war and survived would have consumed literally hundreds of canisters and partaken in multiple alterations, and maybe even used the Geneforge! They would be stronger than the PC who used Sucia Island's Geneforge, and would be literally unstoppable, even by the "Geneforged" Ur-Drakons. They would never become the slaves of creations, it would be below them. They would kill their past "friends" as they probably have no will to "live" by now, (see Master Hoge and Litalia, how corrupted they were, extremely powerful but without a speck of humanity).

I would only join the rebels because I get power, in canisters, alterations and the Geneforge. Chances are, if I'm a shaper, they wouldn't allow me any of that. Loyal shapers have problems shaping 4th tier creations and casting powerful spells. You could only "survive" as a Loyalist as a Guardian. The loss of humanity is a great price to pay, but for me, it is fair. It may even be welcome should the rebels then betray me; I'll have no second thoughts should I need to kill them.

If I do manage to survive, (as canister insane shapers no longer fear death) I would create my own empire, as the Sucia Island shaper who used the Geneforge did. Why should I care about what happens to other people if I have godly power and no way to think about what I have done?
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

The Mystic, and people like him, they're just cowards.
Judge not, lest you be judged. Everyone chooses a side (or no side) for different reasons. For me, cowardice is not among them. I just don't like fighting outside of computer games, that's all.

Be thankful you called me a coward in the virtual realm, for if it had been to my face, I'd eat you alive. :mad:
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

No matter who wins, they lose, because you will be found eventually, no matter how hard you try to hide.
How little you know me. I can hide in plain sight, and have been known to move quickly and silently, despite the fact that I appear slow and awkward to most people. You may have passed me on the street, and would never be the wiser for it.

Plus, "The Mystic" is an old nickname of mine, and not without reason. I'm mildly clairvoyant, and the trait runs in the family. Therefore, there's a good chance I'd be long gone before I'd be found.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Good Canisters:

ET, how would rebel shapers become drakon slaves?
I base this assumption on the fact that in Geneforge 4, the human side of the rebellion (even with their geneforge) was crushed, while the drakon side fought on. The drakons are more powerful than the rebel humans in some way, be it physically or strategically. And, when the Shapers came to finish off Southforge, the drakons were nowhere to be found. They let the humans die because they thought they were weak and insignificant, and maybe they were. The rebellion relies too much on the drakons to ever be hospitable to a human like myself.
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

I'd eat you alive.
No you wouldn't. You don't fight outside of computer games, remember? You can hide if you want, you may even succeed. But I reserve the right to call you a coward for sitting by and doing nothing while the innocent suffer and world falls apart around you.

--------------------
You lose.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #18
Ahem.

Let's drift somewhat back towards the topic at hand and not an argument about who will kick whose ass.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #19
What are leaving me to die ? NO!!!!! that 's not possible!!! wait
it is a discussion not reality i mean we can take sides in a arguments and in a discussion a discussion us a way to express or feelings and away to make relationships on the friendly side it can be a battle field where powerful wizards soldiers and creations of all types kill each others but it has a certain limit .

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Let's drift somewhat back towards the topic at hand and not an argument about who will kick whose ass.
Agreed. Though in my opinion, this topic should probably be closed before it turns into a war of words.

I, for one, am abandoning this thread.

--------------------

Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #21
War of the worlds what do mean? the total inhalation of snivelization?

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

War of the worlds what do mean? the total inhalation of snivelization?
This is just too precious. Now I'm pretty sure that you're doing this on purpose.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #23
I've suspected that for a while now. Some of his crap is just too good to be true.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #24
"Snivelization" is a give-away. No dictionary on earth contains that word.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4

Pages