Betatesters for 3D Blades of Avernum Editor!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Betatesters for 3D Blades of Avernum Editor!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #25
Heck, I'll host it, if no one else does. It'd be nice if Spiderweb's site would do it, though -- it'd be cool to have an "editors" page the way that we have a scenarios page.

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 13:26: Message edited by: Just Call Me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Shining Lightbulb:

If you want to make it available to "everyone", find a PC and port it. :)
Does the program work on windows? Or is it just the picture formats?

If it's just the picture formats, I might be able to help there. 3D version would be so much easier when it comes to designing landscape, especially when certain people say my landscape is appalling. (It probably i, too)

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #27
I have converted the graphics in a way I think will work. The code would have to be changed for it to work on Windows.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Apprentice
Member # 2363
Profile Homepage #28
You are AWESOME. I hate how the 2d version looks. It's miserable.

This, on the other hand, is beautiful. There's no way of zooming out, yes?
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Isaac:

The code would have to be changed for it to work on Windows.
Yes, this is somewhat evident, as otherwise BoA-Mac could have been released simultaneously with BoA-Win.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Suneun:

There's no way of zooming out, yes?
Correct.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #31
Is there a way to ditch the grid lines. They are very annoying (2D or 3D).

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Dahak:

No. I found that without them I couldn't tell where the spaces were. Although it would be possible to modify the code to remove them, there isn't room for more buttons to do all these suggested features. If I decided I wanted to work on this program some more, though, I could add another row of buttons.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #33
I downloaded but it won't start. It says that it is "either damaged or doesn't work with this type of computer" to which I was like: "Huh?" I have Mac OS 9.2.2

[ Tuesday, July 20, 2004 15:23: Message edited by: Daravon ]

--------------------
-Daravon
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #34
The sooner this thing goes into feature-lock, the sooner Isaac can release a bug-free v1.0.

Which means (hopefully), the sooner someone can port it to Win32, and the sooner I can put it to use for my own evil... erm... creative purposes.

So obviously, I'm strongly opposed to adding more features. :D

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Daravon:

I downloaded but it won't start. It says that it is "either damaged or doesn't work with this type of computer" to which I was like: "Huh?" I have Mac OS 9.2.2
I assume the standard BoA Editor works for you? Possibly the download was corrupted, and you should try downloading it again?

--------------------
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #36
If it was compiled with XCode, it won't work except in OS X. *muttermutterCFMmutterMach-Omutter*

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #37
Bug:

If you create a large (64x64) town and do not have pit or solid stone at the border then the terrain will strectch inward and cover up what ever terrain you have placed.

I'm sorry, but it is a little hard to explain.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #38
Border meaning where one exits the town or the actual edge of the town?

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #39
I meant actual edge.

say I put grass at the border, and then the grass terrain will cover up the actual terrain up to about 12 squares inward. This only appears in 3D mode.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #40
For the record, I can't reproduce this, but I have noticed that the dark tiles outside the town's borders sometimes conform to what's on the edge of the town and sometimes don't (and if they don't, they just stay black). Sometimes I will see grass outside town and sometimes I won't -- and because BoA actually does this in the game, I think it may be an accurate representation of what the town will look like when you enter it.

I have no idea if this is related to what you're talking about, though.

Isaac, have you gotten any sort of response about hosting? I have a bunch of open web space, so if you need someone else to host it, I can do it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #41
The true edge is about where the East marker is located.

Picture:

IMAGE(http://img68.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dahak/3dedit.jpg)

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #42
I'm guessing this is a height problem. What height is your in-town area set at, and what does the other side of the town (at the west exit) look like?

EDIT: Or, more pressingly, does it NOT look like this when you play it in the game itself?

[ Wednesday, July 21, 2004 21:35: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #43
quote:
Originally written by Isaac:

quote:

No. I found that without them I couldn't tell where the spaces were. Although it would be possible to modify the code to remove them, there isn't room for more buttons to do all these suggested features. If I decided I wanted to work on this program some more, though, I could add another row of buttons.

Instead of another 'row' of buttons, you could assign an function key (F1, F2, etc.. or Alt + F1, Alt + F2, etc...)

Just mention it in the readme file :D

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I'm guessing this is a height problem. What height is your in-town area set at, and what does the other side of the town (at the west exit) look like?

EDIT: Or, more pressingly, does it NOT look like this when you play it in the game itself?

It does NOT look like this in the game. In the game it looks normal, and the height is the same all around.

A brand new town does the same thing. I put 1 cave floor on the border and I have a floor line streching inward over whatever the terrain is.

I've never had this probem with Medium and Small Towns.

Note: As a test, I created a new blank large town, and the problem exists still.

Another bug: Imports of large towns become corrupted. This problem exists in Spiderweb's Editor and Issac's, so I will e-mail Jeff about the problem.

EDIT:
Never mind about the corruption. I just had to open the scenatio I import from and save the scenario while each large town was loaded in memory. I don't know only the import would corrupt, but it isn't the editor's fault.

[ Wednesday, July 21, 2004 22:18: Message edited by: Dahak ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #45
Isaac: Added your site to my site's links page. Hope you don't mind. :D

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #46
The editor does not show floors that have been adjusted using fl_floor_height_pixels

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #47
quote:

Bug:

If you create a large (64x64) town and do not have pit or solid stone at the border then the terrain will strectch inward and cover up what ever terrain you have placed.

I'm sorry, but it is a little hard to explain.

I have reproduced this and will fix it in the next version.
Also it doesn't work for small towns correctly (not displayed on south or east). This may have been related to what Kelandon was saying (there are also times when it should not be displayed, because the game doesn't; in particular, when the town border is at the edge of the town). Apparently it draws it where it should for a 48x48 town all the time.

quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:

Isaac: Added your site to my site's links page. Hope you don't mind. :D
Not at all. :)

quote:

The editor does not show floors that have been adjusted using fl_floor_height_pixels
You misunderstand the effect (maybe). From the BoA Editor Docs: "The number of pixels up graphics and creatures drawn on this space are shifted." The floor itself isn't affected (I assume). Actually, I didn't realize such a thing existed, so I'll have to test in the game and fix the 3D Editor anyway.

quote:

Isaac, have you gotten any sort of response about hosting? I have a bunch of open web space, so if you need someone else to host it, I can do it.
No response to my email yet, but I don't really have a problem with web space yet. Although when it's finished, I wouldn't mind you doing that: if my site becomes unavailable for any reason, I don't want that to take away the availability of the 3D Editor.

I just realized, I can use the zoom in/out button when in 3D because it currently doesn't do anything then. I could change the button's picture if necessary, which would be much easier than making a new row of buttons.

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 01:02: Message edited by: Isaac ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #48
There is one more empty button, right between force barrier and clear space. (Only in town mode, though.)

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #49
quote:

There is one more empty button, right between force barrier and clear space. (Only in town mode, though.)
Yes, but that's the problem: only in town mode. Almost anything I would want to do with 3D mode should work indoor and outdoor.

Version 0.9b2 is available. It fixes the large town problem and accounts for fl_floor_height_pixels. Also, my web page has been improved.

--------------------

Pages