Released: Blades Forge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Released: Blades Forge
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #50
I get a Page not Found error when I try to log in.

Additionally, the Live Feed is failing to load (though this may be on my end).

[ Monday, January 07, 2008 08:00: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #51
The Ermarian Network is currently offline due to some problem with the dreamhost server Aran uses. He's not sure what's up yet, but he'll work on it as soon as he can access it. But it's not his fault. :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #52
Yeah, I had read about that a couple minutes ago. :(

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #53
It's back up.

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #54
I'm getting pretty irked about this. I'll contact support this evening to see what's happening on the server. If it's my fault, I may have to slow down PPP archiving which could become a real burden when the forum is very active.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #55
I was wondering, why can only logged-in users see the comments? Is this done for a good reason that I don't know about?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #56
No it's not, and in fact no longer the case. Thank for the alert.

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

http://blades.ermarian.net/lyceum/csr

So, where's Echoes: Renegade, Canopy, Xerch'de, Death at Chapman's, Kill Ogre, Win Prize and Za-Khazi Run?

--------------------
Some of these BoA scenarios might be good:
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty, Outpost Valley
Get them here
Visit Shadow Vale for all your rating needs.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #58
Joyous day!

I contacted Support about the slow server. At first they tried to give me their 101 "you lose for using shared hosting but you can get OMGDEDICATEDSERVER for so cheap" pitch, but when I quoted them the server's load stats of between 25-50, apparently they saw sense and fixed whatever caused it. The upshot is that my Drupal sites are now lightning fast, loading in under 1 second in many cases. I'm very happy, and I'm glad I switched to DH. I doubt this would have worked so quickly with my last host.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #59
Also, use some detective work. All of the titles contain non-alphanumeric non-space characters. Apparently I need to expand my regex.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Slight change of plans: To avoid confusion, please use the newly created "Resource" type for anything that isn't actually News. Allowed extensions now include zip and several more.

Apparently not. My zip file failed to upload.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #61
I checked and couldn't find out what was wrong. Could you quote the error message (removing file paths if they exist ;) )?

The only problem I could possibly see is if your file is larger than the 4 MB limit. I've raised that to 6 just in case.

Also, new features.

- Next to the CSR score and rank that is already displayed on scenario pages, there is now a link directly to the corresponding topic on the Lyceum. Besides convenience, scraping the data without advertising the origin just would not be polite.

- Below the scenario, a list of the topics that reference it (by full name, in the topic title, correctly spelled) in forums 7, 15 and 18 is displayed. This list is pulled off PPP and cached for a day because of the long time it takes to process PPP searches.

I was planning to add a post search (with even longer caching times), but that will have to wait until PPP's post search stops sucking by searching signatures. Scenario titles are listed in signatures enough to render the search useless.

[ Sunday, January 13, 2008 14:39: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #62
The error message:

quote:
The selected file Templates.zip can not be attached to this post, because it is only possible to attach files with the following extensions: jpg jpeg gif png txt doc xls pdf ppt pps odt ods odp.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #63
Apparently I only changed the default and did not see that the "authenticated user" role used another setting that overrode the default. Silly. It should function now.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #64
It works now. A minor oddity though – the teaser is completely ignored on the main page and the full description is shown. Nothing serious though.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #65
That's easy to explain, but tough to fix.

- I use Views to show graphics and scripts in tables. These are shown with a brief description .
- When adding the "body" field of a CCK node (which all of these are) to a View, this body field will include all the other fields of the node (thumbnail, script source, etc.), which would look stupid in the table. There is no way to access only the text of the node.
- To solve this, I make the View show only the teaser of the node, and make CCK hide the other fields in the teaser.
- The result is that the front page (also showing only teasers) will display very little information.
- To solve /that/, I replace the front page with yet another View that shows the entire node.

The end result is that the front page displays full nodes, and ignores teaser cut-offs. I have a few vague ideas how to work around this, but haven't yet tried any of them.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #66
It appears that the Lyceum page doesn't like scenarios with scores of 10. Every scenario with a 10 as its max rating is missing.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Tales From the Tabard Inn: Now if only there was a 3600 Hour Contest.....
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #67
More's the trouble; about half of all submitted scenarios have lost their taxonomical classification (content rating, game platform). I have no idea how that happened. Looks like I'm going to be debugging for a while.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #68
The error appears to have been one-off as I can manually restore the scenarios. As this is my mistake, I'm going to go through the affected scenarios tonight to give them the proper ratings as set in their binary files.

• El Presidente
  • Embers of Rebellion
  • Kill Them Dead
  • Kingdom Hall
  • Roses of Reckoning
  • The Nephil Search: Escape
  • Where the Rivers Meet
Sorry everyone, especially Nikki and Thralni seeing as most of these are yours. =P
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #69
In other news, 10 is now accepted as a valid CSR score, which means the previously missing 6 masterpieces are now included.

- '/^ *([A-Za-z0-9,:\' -]+) - ([0-9](\.[0-9]{1,2})?) (\(([0-9]\.[0-9]{1,2})\/([0-9]\.[0-9]{1,2})\))?$/'
+ '/^ *([A-Za-z0-9,:\' -]+) - ([0-9]{1,2}(\.[0-9]{1,2})?) (\(([0-9]{1,2}\.[0-9])\/([0-9]{1,2}\.[0-9])\))?$/'
I am looking at recognizing empty rating threads so I can link to those too.

[ Tuesday, January 22, 2008 13:35: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #70
A new error for you, Aran:
warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in {path redacted}
/software/drupal/addons/modules/contemplate/contemplate.module(589) : eval()'d code on line 6.
This appeared when I hit the 'Preview' button on the scenario submission page. It may have been caused by the fact that I entered only a space in the tagline field, because Stairway has no description, thus I didn't really want to add a tagline. However, it didn't go away when I gave in and entered some actual words.

EDIT: Added a linebreak to cut down on screen streching.

[ Saturday, January 26, 2008 09:18: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
"Verbs for the weak!"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #71
"Parsing error in eval'd code" errors always mean that I made a typo while entering code in a dynamic template, that I noticed it a few moments later, but you had the misfortune of loading the page in the two minutes before it was fixed. :)

---

Also,

IMAGE(http://stuff.ermarian.net/arancaytar/images/screenshots/bladesforge/forum-s.png)

Although the forum is almost assured to remain empty forever, at least it now looks a bit like a forum and less like a blog trying to dress itself up as a forum. Many thanks to Michelle for the advanced_forum module.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #72
I demand a .pancake file type!

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #73
Is there a reason why the Blades Forge forum does not display my avatar? Is it too large or something? I could probably scale it down...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #74
You are using a space in your file name. I spent all evening yesterday trying to work around it, then I tried to run a bulk rename on the site that removed them, but when neither worked, I gave it up. Take out the space and you get an avatar.

Pages