Released: Blades Forge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Released: Blades Forge
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #25
A couple more things to report. First, when trying to submit a scenario from the main submission page, whenever I select the scenario to release, it just takes me back to the page to select a scenario to release (I was able to release the scenario directly from the scenario node itself). Second, despite the fact that my scenario is released, it's still marked as unreleased in the scenario list. It doesn't appear when the released-only filter is running, and when I view both released and unreleased scenarios, Witch Hunt is still marked off by red.

Also, a suggestion, so as not to put your site under siege of many variations of a similar graphic. Why not add an option that allows you to release multiple variations of the same graphic under the same node?

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Please take it out, like Nioca did. :)
Huh? Is this addressed to me? What do you mean?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
The error message in your post. The one I already PM'd you about? ;)

Nioca: I'll try to fix the scenario selection issue. The released-status thing is a problem with updating the field that I'll have to fiddle with.

Finally, making the graphics support multiple sheets would be so unbelievably nasty in terms of spaghetti logic that I won't (tagging, etc.). Either a sheet is so closely related that you can upload it as a single image, or just make two separate graphics - the archive isn't showing signs of overpopulation. =)

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

The error message in your post. The one I already PM'd you about? ;)
Regarding this (including the PM), I understand. I would feel the same way. I have removed the path in the error message.

Nioca: At least in some cases, the variation could just be added to the old node by uploading a replacement picture. I already added map graphics to a few of mine that way

[ Wednesday, December 26, 2007 19:48: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
Come to think of it, I could let graphics have a reference to related graphics. Scenarios already let you link to graphics and scripts used.

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #30
Arancaytar, there's a not-so-small situation in the Graphics and Scenarios section. I'd post the error code, but just wander over to either and you'll figure it out soon enough.

EDIT: That's what I get for waiting half-an-hour to post this. *shakes head sadly at self*

[ Wednesday, December 26, 2007 20:19: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
Here's the situation: The table that handles scenario releases is one of the tables managed by the Content Creation Kit module. CCK is stunning in the simplicity with which it allows creation of custom content types and fields, but also amazingly complex in the way it manipulates the database.

For some reason, on the last unannounced "clean-up", triggered when I installed a new module, CCK decided that the content type "Scenario release" was corrupt, and deleted all references to it without warning.

I spent a bit of time restoring various tables from backup (2007-12-25), but the corruption only got worse with some new tables and some old. I put the site in stasis to get some sleep, and when I looked at the problem with a rested brain this morning, I realized that at this stage the database was BORKED. So it has now been completely moved back to the state of two days ago; the last action was Nioca's creation of Across the Treshold.

Backups will be made twice a day from now on, if that comforts you. :(

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #32
I can access the Bulk Graphics page again now, and it says there is one upload in the queue. Does this mean it will someday be processed?

[ Thursday, December 27, 2007 05:19: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
The backup reverted everything, including my failed attempt to process the bulk. That means the bulk is listed once more.

I've fixed the other problem and in the process also set up the testing site I should have made long ago. On this testing site, I can go nuts with developing the bulk uploader, so it's entirely possible that it will work soon. It could take up to a week, though.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #34
The Blades Forge can't find its own home page. :D

Seriously, the main page of the Blades Forge gives a page not found error. Everything else still works.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #35
Oh, I thought the whole site was broken. Thanks!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #36
And now it's fixed again.

Strange.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #37
The spidweb BBCode tag does not work at all.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #38
The Blades Forge is currently giving me what looks like BBCode instead of the actual main page.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
You know, if the site suddenly does something it doesn't normally do, this is almost always because I am working on it at this very moment. The next time this happens, you can find out pretty much immediately by messaging me on AIM (RealArancaytar), while leaving this topic for actual bug reports. ;)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #40
The chat transcript you uploaded returns a age Not Found error when I try to look at the attachment.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #41
I'm sorry, but it seemed like a bug to me. In fact, it still seems like a bug. If the site goes down when you're working on it, you should probably create a message that explains the site is being worked on rather than the seemingly random code that popped up before.

As for AIM, I don't have it. I don't do instant messaging. But next time (if there is a next time), perhaps I'll wait awhile to see if it's temporary.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #42
(Urgh, double post...)

Okay... I have some templates in xcf (GIMP) format that would probably be useful, but there seems to be no good way to post them on the Blades Forge. They can't be posted as a graphic, because they are not an allowed format (and they probably shouldn't be, either); they could be posted as a scenario, except they're not really a scenario.

I don't really know if there is a good solution to this. Ideally they would be available as psd as well as xcf. (Or, if I could find a way to save as a multi-layer TIFF, that would be even better. Unfortunately the GIMP does not support this. :( )

Ideas?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
Policy question. They're not intended to be viewed in the browser, so I wouldn't necessarily class them with graphics.

I could make an extra type for "miscellaneous resources".

Or, since I established precedent with that chatlog, you could attach the xcf template to a news entry. I can add another category besides chatlogs - "Graphics templates" - that it could be placed into.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #44
So... which one do you think is the best choice? Should I submit a news entry or are you going to make some changes to the site?

Edit: There is no appropriate category available for News Entries.

Edit2: Oh... is the batch graphic feature officially cancelled? I uploaded a zip file, and if it's not going to be processed then I will upload the graphics individually.

Edit3: I'm just going to upload them individually. If my zip file of graphic is still there, please delete it (or remove it from the queue, or whatever).

[ Thursday, January 03, 2008 08:37: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #45
The graphic categories for Blades of Exile are Creature, Dialogue, Item, and Terrain. However, there are also talking graphics (which are often also called Dialogue graphics but are a different size). Should talking graphics be uploaded as Dialogue, or do you think you should add a category for them?

Edit: Eek! I actually ran out of space for tags! (I wanted to set more than 15 tags for one graphic, and some of them were fairly long.) Is there a way to work around this?

[ Thursday, January 03, 2008 18:18: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #46
- "Talking" added to BoE graphics categories.
- "Graphic template" added to News entry categories.

Just tag it incrementally. Enter tags, press "Add", enter more tags into the now empty field.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #47
quote:

The selected file Templates.zip can not be attached to this post, because it is only possible to attach files with the following extensions: jpg jpeg gif png txt doc xls pdf ppt pps odt ods odp.

I suppose I could change the extension to odt or something, since they are zip archives anyway, but that's not exactly a good solution, is it?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #48
It's been a busy weekend, but I've managed to fix things up.

Slight change of plans: To avoid confusion, please use the newly created "Resource" type for anything that isn't actually News. Allowed extensions now include zip and several more.

Edit: Also, since I hadn't mentioned it here yet:

http://blades.ermarian.net/lyceum/csr

Updates once a day.

[ Sunday, January 06, 2008 18:07: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #49
Okay then. :)

And I'd already noticed the Lyceum section. But I guess some people may not have.

Edit: You know, I can understand why the most recent thumbnail was scaled down, but I don't get why some of the other thumbnails of my graphics were scale up. :/

[ Monday, January 07, 2008 04:27: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]

Pages