Released: Blades Forge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Released: Blades Forge
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
The Blades Forge is now open for public use.

Reviews are not yet available. They will be added some time before next weekend, hopefully. Syndication of the Spiderweb Tables and CSR (xml) may follow depending on success of the site.

Beta-test organization (including mailing lists, private forums+downloads, automatic publishing and reply-scanning of Beta Calls here and on SV, the works) may come around the new year if there is demand for it.

In general, the site right now is good only for hosting scenarios, graphics, scripts and articles.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #1
One step closer to Aran assimilating all of spiderweb.

I love the Blades Forge idea, for the record, and am going to have lots of problems if it doesn't take off. So you clowns start using it or I'm going to have to start busting skulls. :P

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Tales From the Tabard Inn: Now if only there was a 3600 Hour Contest.....
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Um, still can't register. Now it tells me that the User Name field is required when I tell it to Create new account, despite the fact that I've entered a user name.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Um, still can't register. Now it tells me that the User Name field is required when I tell it to Create new account, despite the fact that I've entered a user name.
Ditto.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the space in my name would it?

Edit: Oh, by the way: Pixel Profusion is missing in the links to external graphics sources.

Edit 2: If this page is any indication, the [spidweb] tag doesn't work. Nor does the [spoiler] tag. (Or it could be just an error in that page?) And the example for [table] isn't very clear. Does the tag allow you to format multiple rows and columns, and if so, how?

I notice your smileys are absolutely identical to the ones on this site...

Edit 3: The avatar system seems a little odd in that it scales the image up if it's too small. Shouldn't it just leave it? (Obviously it should scale down if it's too large though. :) )

[ Monday, December 10, 2007 17:34: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I love the Blades Forge idea, for the record, and am going to have lots of problems if it doesn't take off. So you clowns start using it or I'm going to have to start busting skulls. :P
Seconded, but with possibly less bloodshed, and more "unexplained illnesses".

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - from the bottom of the sea.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
The avatar does not scale up nor down. The preview in the form just has a fixed size, so the image will look scaled up until you save your profile.

Spaces are not currently allowed in names. This is probably a bug, since Jumping Salmon evidently got his account before this happened, but I do not currently know how to fix this. If you really want a space, I can put one in for you after you register.

[ Tuesday, December 11, 2007 08:12: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #6
Oh, I see. The avatar thing is confusing. A note about that might be useful.

As for my name, removing the space does not work. I get a "User Name field is required" error.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
I get the same error.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Spaces are not currently allowed in names. This is probably a bug, since Jumping Salmon evidently got his account before this happened, but I do not currently know how to fix this. If you really want a space, I can put one in for you after you register.
I'll just go ahead and put it on the record.

I am an anomaly.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #9
So... when will we be able to register?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #10
It'll be soon, probably. Arancaytar thinks he's identified what the problem is, and will fix it at some point in the future.

Unfortunately, that may end up being next weekend.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #11
It still won't let me register. :(
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #12
This week, hopefully, but make sure to bring your grain of salt. :(

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
I hope I can be excused for spending the beginning of the vacation first catching up on my sleep deficit and then helping my family with the decoration, dinner, so forth. :)

I promise that I'll have registration working in about 6 hours from now.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #14
That's nice, but since it's Christmas, I'd be satisfied with 36 hours from now. :) I wouldn't expect you to work on Christmas Day or even Christmas Eve (but if you want to, I won't complain).

[ Monday, December 24, 2007 13:14: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
I wouldn't normally, but I meant to do this for weeks and finally can get SSH+vi to work again without a two second lag for each letter (yay for broadband internet!).

It took a bit longer than I expected, but then I started later than I said, and I fixed a minor WTF in Drupal core along the way.

Edit: And because I kind of silently implied that - user registration is supposed to work now. If you still get trouble, yell on AIM; I'll be around.

[ Monday, December 24, 2007 15:35: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #16
YES!

*clears throat*

Sorry. Just got a bit excited.

(and yes, that means it works)

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #17
Yay! Finally it works.

One thing I noticed: when I logged out, the page didn't update to reflect this. (Bypassing my browser's cache fixed it.)

Edit: How long does it take for bulk graphics to be processed? :confused:

[ Tuesday, December 25, 2007 05:05: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Technically? Under ten seconds.

Actually? Directly dependent on how often the batch job runs. Never -> forever.

There's a problem I haven't yet fixed, and until then the batch job can't run.

---

On a positive note:

Scenarios are now filtered by released state. By default, unreleased scenarios are hidden in the list; they can be shown optionally.

Actually showing whether or not the thing is released is right now a different matter.

Edit: And this different matter is also solved. The CSS rule that does it is a thing of beauty.

.view-field-node-data-field-released-field-released-value {
display:none !important;
}

td.view-field-no + td,
td.view-field-no + td + td,
td.view-field-no + td + td + td,
td.view-field-no + td + td + td + td,
td.view-field-no + td + td + td + td + td {
background-color:#fed;
}

[ Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:13: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #19
Now if only scenarios could be released...

I posted this on Shadow Vale, but it appears you may have missed it.
quote:
Two errors to report.

First, (this is the error I PMed you about) when a scenario is submitted, an error page pops up with this:
EDIT: Now gone. Sorry, Aran!The scenario still submits, it's just that it could be a bit deceiving. I should know; I submitted Witch Hunt 5 times before realizing it.

Second, I can't release the scenario. Whenever I fill out the form and upload the scenarios, when I click on submit, it just takes me back to the main submission page.

[ Tuesday, December 25, 2007 18:00: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
Bug fixed. Now please remove the error message so that the page stops being broken and Google stops connecting my real name with Spiderweb.

Edit: Unfortunately, the bulk graphic feature is terminated until further notice. It has repeatedly failed to function in any predictable way and wreaks complete havoc on the database every time. I will need a completely isolated development and testing site set up before I can continue work on this feature, and that will take a lot of time. Until then, graphics have to be uploaded individually.

[ Tuesday, December 25, 2007 14:55: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #21
If you click Submit without first clicking Upload, the graphic fails to upload but you still get the points.

Edit: Also, everytime I add a graphic I get an warning of the following form:
user warning: Duplicate entry 'xxx' for key 1 query: INSERT INTO drupal_node_comment_statistics
(nid, last_comment_timestamp, last_comment_name, last_comment_uid, comment_count) VALUES (167, 1198636863, NULL, 15, 0)
in <path removed> on line 151.
where xxx is an ever-increasing number.

Edit 2: I'm assuming that means the zip I uploaded will be deleted? Because I'm now uploading them individually.

Edit 3: I'm getting 15 points per graphic even though the FAQ says I should get 10.

[ Wednesday, December 26, 2007 17:13: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #22
Fixed; Sorry about that, Aran. The scenario release bug still appears to be present. When I attempted to release Witch Hunt, after clicking on the Submit button, it just took me back to the main submission page.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
Muting error messages in the production version will make it rather difficult to track bugs, but seems inevitable in retrospect.

Also, I haven't been able to find the release bug yet. I'll take another look at it when I'm more rested.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #24
Please take it out, like Nioca did. :)

--

I've traced the release-form bug to a simple boolean logic error.

if (on_a_release_form OR on_a_review_form AND NOT scenario_selected)In my advanced state of mental exhaustion while typing that code, I forgot the parentheses around the first two to ensure the precedence worked correctly.

--------------------

Pages