A4 wants

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A4 wants
Apprentice
Member # 5549
Profile #25
what about new spells for every race
that would make interesting choosing a race
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #26
Now that could be interesting... I can see slith having a fire fixation (divine fire-esque... gotta keep the holy element), nephilim focusing on summoning, and humans focusing on ... whatever's left. I don't know quite how it'd work, but it would definitely be cool.

On the other hand, programming 40 unique spells per species (well, minus the standbys like healing and Light) would be a living nightmare for anyone.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #27
i didnt mean that picking a race means picking a class, of course.

a more complicated political situation between all the races would certainly make that point more interesting.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #28
I would really like to see someone else suggest the VAHANTAI AS A PLAYABLE RACE!!

--------------------
plz feel free to email me answers at stargazer_do@hotmail.com
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #29
What would be really cool would be if you could choose from races like goblins and ogres.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #30
@avernum master: we did. read through the topic before posting.

@toenail: i came up with that back when exile 3 was relatively new, but nobody listened :rolleyes:

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5632
Profile #31
If it means anything, I've been dying to play as vahnatai ever since Exile 2. That would, I think, be the logical next choice if any races are added as playable. I doubt they would be, though, just because it really would necessitate making the differences between races actually significant, instead of limited to minor bonuses and small, irrelevent special encounters. Anyway, though, the humans, nephil, and slith all have a lot more in common than any do with the vahnatai (life span alone is a huge cultural gap), and there are reasons that would make implementing them difficult, such as being greatly harmed by sunlight. But if they WERE implemented, they would have some truly awesome bonuses AND drawbacks, which would make things very interesting.
Apprentice
Member # 4390
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

A4 won't have a scenario editor. Jeff has said that he won't make another game with a scenario editor for several years at the least.
Where is the info about A4 other than it is going to be made? I can't find it anywhere...
Apprentice
Member # 4866
Profile Homepage #33
I'd like to see something like a "World of Avernum", where you can explore the other provinces questing and solving problems, solving civil wars...the possibilites are endless. I'd also like to see more spells, and more classes like instead of having summoning spells with magic, make a summoner type character. I'd also like to see the ability to create some of your own items like going out getting iron/mith/even adamant ore from some mine then brining it to a smelter then you could be able to make armor and weapons with the iron/mith/adamant. And even better have the ability to enchant weapons with some high level spells like enchant a sword with 2-8 fire damage per hit, or 3-5 ice damage with a chilled effect, etc.

--------------------
Worship the monkey
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #34
to do that, youd almost have to make a whole new concept. real-time 3d or something. like world of warcraft. whatever. bla. shut up.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #35
Holy Monkey, while that is a good idea, it just wont happen. "World of Avernum"? I suppose you could travel to slith and nephil lands, but you'd have to completely steal World Warcraft's idea.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4866
Profile Homepage #36
Ugh I haven't even played World of warcraft, I just thought it would be an appropriate name. And the only places I really wanted to see are the other Empire provinces not really all the slith and nephil lands and such. I don't see how adding the other provinces would require a real-time 3d engine. It could be done with blades of exile even, but it would just take alot of time to make.

[ Saturday, April 02, 2005 07:19: Message edited by: Holymonkey ]

--------------------
Worship the monkey
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #37
I've always wondered what's in that land behind Blackcrag...

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Dimebag:
Where is the info about A4 other than it is going to be made? I can't find it anywhere...
The thread called "Avernum 4" and the summary of evidence -- but as I noted in that thread, he has said very little about A4 except that it will have a new engine. He said that he wasn't going to make a game with a scenario editor for a while in the BoA Wrap Report.

[ Saturday, April 02, 2005 07:52: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #39
It will also integrate a lot of the aspects of the Geneforge engine. I just hope it will still be purely turn based.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #40
I would like it to happen if not completely then even mostly at surface.

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #41
1) More spells both priest and mage.
2) An improved alchemy system.
3) A crafting skill where you get to make items.
4) An option to do large scale strategic combat--
when a group of NPCs join your party for example in battle you can command portions of them to do certain things. Possibly, a strategy element added.
5) Greater flexibility in combat. The ability to pull special moves when you advance in skill level to certain points. Charging, all out attacks, total defense, etc.
6) At high levels -- leadership points. After level 50. The ability to persuade NPCs to do things.
7) An improved system for dealing with traps-- tool use simply does not cut it very well.
8) An improved inventory control system with more slots.
9) An improved dialog editor.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Toenail has BEATEN E3:

I've always wondered what's in that land behind Blackcrag...
Most likely Pralgrad, another continent, and the one where the capital is.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #43
Jeff surely will find out what game features will please us.

I'm just concerned about the new engine: I really hope it will still be turn-based. I've only played Geneforge demos for 10 minutes and uninstalled. If A4 goes the same way as Geneforge, then I won't buy it.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:
Jeff surely will find out what game features will please us.
This made me laugh.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #45
Although his games don't have all features that pleases us, it has enough features to make us buy them, enjoy them and even be active forum members!

Give him some credit. And have some hope.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #46
Jeff is known and infamous for ignoring players' wishes when it comes to Blades, BoE especially. I'm not sure how much of a problem it is when the beta testers give their input on the non-Blades games, but Jeff still has a bad reputation for it.

He may make fun games by shooting blindly when designing features, but that doesn't mean he can't do better.

—Alorael, who would still rather see something innovative rather than window dressing on the old system. Something as good as the better parts of the Exile to Nethergate (to Avernum) engine switch would be very nice. (Something like the switch to the Geneforge engine would not be.)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #47
Another little something that would be interesting in A4 is the pants/shirt dialoge. When you go to "info" on pants, it says stuff about if you don't wear your pants you will be excluded from most social circles. It would be interesting if your people didn't wear any pants and you go into a tavern and a special message comes up saying, "You walk into the tavern, pantless. Many people scream. They all quickly exit". I know that sounds weird, but it would just kinda be funny.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #48
Actually, that fits into my idea. Even though I doubt this will ever happen because Jeff's company is too small and it would take too much time, I'd like a realistic system added to this. Have you ever played Morrowind? That game I believe has revolutionized the gaming industry.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #49
i think it would be interesting if npcs reacted to the looks of your characters. for example, a townguard would let you in if you have a beautiful, half-naked woman with you. you get my meaning.

--------------------

Pages