Beta-Call for Canopy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta-Call for Canopy
Apprentice
Member # 5092
Profile #50
Well, that's okay. Take your time man, we (or at least I) can wait. I'm a student too so... BTW, I played your scenario Roses of Redemption... It was pretty good, so I am expecting awesome things from Canopy! :)
Apprentice
Member # 5052
Profile #51
i hope it comes out soon. i love trying new scenerios. i''m just sorry i got in too late to test it. it would have been fun.
Apprentice
Member # 5092
Profile #52
Any updates? It seems the topic just... Stopped.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #53
Impatience extends your waiting-time :)

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 538
Profile #54
[Your Name (What you want to be called):Mako
Email:mcummins@dawsoncollege.qc.ca
Platform (Mac, PC, Linux):Mac OSX
Programming Ability:I was very good in 1975 ...
Playing Ability: OK, I did all of BOE (until Inn of Blades), all posted scenarios in BOA, Geneforge 1, some of Geneforge 2, Nethergate (Celt side only)
Previous Beta-testing experience: none
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #55
Your Name (What you want to be called):Darkmoor \m/
Email:alexlourespt@yahoo.com
Platform (Mac, PC, Linux):PC
Programming Ability:None
Playing Ability:Ok+
Previous Beta-testing experience:None
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #56
Okay. I'm going to run through Canopy once legitimately to test combat balance (and weed out as many bugs as I can), and then I'm sending it out. Expect it before Thanksgiving.

God, it's been WAY too late.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #57
The graphic competition results for the edited monsters are late too :P
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #58
Finally.

v0.0 has been sent. Everyone who applied (I didn't turn down anyone) should check their inboxes.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #59
interesting since i can't get out from the first room! lot's of scrippting errors once the scenario beggins and then i can't get through the door even with the key because it says i haven't declared a body or something like that??
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #60
Odd, I haven't had any script errors yet.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #61
Didn't get it. Gmail's prolly screwing around again.

So, meh, try avaruussukkula87@jippii.fi, instead.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #62
Darkmoor, I had the same problem. I updated to version 1.02 of Blades of Avernum didn't help. What version of windows are you using. I am using XP.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #63
This makes, what, three PC users with problems?

Honestly, I'm going to have to blame this one on Jeff- the door script I use (which causes PC users problems) is none other than the most default, basic script used in the game. If any PC users (with XP, it seems) figure out a way to solve this, let me know.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #64
If you want to fool around if you have the door script error; I did something kind of insane and a little bit fun. You can use the editor to remove your party from the initial town and wander around the scenario. You cannot enter any doors though. Only doors which are curtained. After a while you can remove your party from the scenario. You will get a couple of interesting items but not much else.

When you do this, there are constant errors-- terrain errors, door errors, bugbear errors, etc. But it is kind of interesting.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #65
I'm not entirely sure if this is the case or not, but I'm pretty sure that I know what went wrong. Apparently, I set my preferences to save text files in Japanese OSX encoding by default. (It's for my anime lists.) I'll try resaving every text file as a regularly-encoded text file and re-sending them tomorrow. Meanwhile, XP users will have to wait.

Sorry.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #66
Had the same problem, all over the game no doors open. Used the editor to get myself out of the town so that I could walk around and see some more stuff. Another problem is that in the "bugabear" place no script is called for any of the bugabears so they just sit there and let you kill them. However since no doors can be used this isn't much of an advantage. /\

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Apprentice
Member # 4847
Profile #67
Same problem with the initial door (Windows XP), getting a bad script header message or somesuch...Looked at the door.txt file, first line as follows:
door.txt ? ½?¹½?)è mBIN ??ÉÒ // door.txt

Deleted everything before the //, and everything after the }break; at the bottom of the file (just to be safe). Several other files had the same problem, with a similar fix. Not sure what caused it, maybe some download/zip glitch... But I'm well into the game with no error messages...

--------------------
You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #68
Jesus CHRIST would you people stop dicking around in my scenario? If something doesn't work, stop giving yourself spoilers.
Thanks.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5240
Profile #69
Your Name Xerogrrl
Email: xerogrrl007@yahoo.com
Platform (Mac, PC, Linux): PC Win XP
Programming Ability: nil
Playing Ability: Expert
Previous Beta-testing experience: none

--------------------
what does not kill us only makes us n00bs
Apprentice
Member # 5240
Profile #70
is it ok if we don't have programing experiance? i have done beta testing but not for spiderweb...it was for realarcade betas.

--------------------
what does not kill us only makes us n00bs
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #71
quote:
Originally written by xerogrrl:
Playing Ability: Expert
You just posted a question on VoDT.

Also, don't double-post. If you have something to add to your previous post fairly immediately after posting it, use the Edit button, rather than posting again.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #72
I sent out v0.2. For PC users, this means lots of nice changes as well as a functioning version. For Mac users, this means everything the PC users have, except your versions were already functional.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #73
Ok... i'm a Windows user... i installed what you said and no more errors so far so good... still... i would like to get out of the initial Fort! the stairs don't do anything even if we climb... that's the exit right?!
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #74
i did a load after my classes and the stairs worked this time... but i'm sure there is a bug somewhere though for i was able to climb the stair till the top before and now at the first "row"?! of stairs i went up the fort! weird...

Pages