TESTERS REQUIRED FOR A VERY SIMPLE SCENARIO!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: TESTERS REQUIRED FOR A VERY SIMPLE SCENARIO!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #150
Even if I don't agree with all of it, yes, it is very relevant here.

(The parts I disagree on are parts 3 and 4 - feeling undercompensated for my time tends to tick me off a lot. While it's easy to make a scenario which doesn't require quest rewards for compensation, SOME compensation's always real nice.

And as for 4? As long as they're not the BoA equivalent of 50+10 deathblades (this is advice to you, Micael), I tend to like unique items.)
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #151
quote:
Originally written by Sir Henry of the Lions' Club:

Unless BoA editor has turned SICK AND TWISTED, you can import from any town number, as long as the sizes are the same.
[/QB]
Yeah, well, maybe for you, but I can only import to the same town number. It sucks, but that's how it works. And I'm planning on getting rid of a FEW items, not that many, but a few. The Dragon Zombies will be copied, and I'll make Dragon Lord Zombies (level 100) for the HUGEFIGHTS in the shorter way...

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #152
Did you read those articles, Micael? I did go through all that trouble to hand-pick articles that I thought would be relevant, based on the comments on these boards, and made sure that they were not too BoE-exclusive. Regardless of whether you follow the advice in them, I think you should at least give them a perusal.

EDIT: And I've imported to a different town number before. That is quite odd. I suggest you try it again.

EDIT 2: The articles are here, seeing as how they've kind of gotten buried in all this.

[ Tuesday, July 20, 2004 23:38: Message edited by: Just call me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #153
At this point. Try 3-- I think that the fights are much better. They do not need a huge amount of improvement. The items are better.

Good grief-- no dragon lord zombies. It would be ridiculous.

What needs work is the plot. There needs to be continuity throughout the dungeon, added dialog boxes, and some cut scenes.

I would take out a few items.

Add in some herbal ingredients outside with some fights for the ingredients. This would improve the terrain. Giant mushrooms and bushes. ;) Also put in some damaging terrain-- swamp, and fire.

Throw in a few of the most powerful spells to improve, and two super high level spells for cleric and mage.

Then it would be complete. It might still need some tweaking but it would be a solid dungeon.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #154
quote:
Originally written by ButteredToast:

At this point. Try 3-- I think that the fights are much better. They do not need a huge amount of improvement. The items are better.

Good grief-- no dragon lord zombies. It would be ridiculous.

What needs work is the plot. There needs to be continuity throughout the dungeon, added dialog boxes, and some cut scenes.

I would take out a few items.

Add in some herbal ingredients outside with some fights for the ingredients. This would improve the terrain. Giant mushrooms and bushes. ;) Also put in some damaging terrain-- swamp, and fire.

Throw in a few of the most powerful spells to improve, and two super high level spells for cleric and mage.

Then it would be complete. It might still need some tweaking but it would be a solid dungeon.

And put in some of those really pretty trees that you find in the Unicorn Grove area from ZKR around the First Tower, and make a graphic for the Pit. AND MAKE THE DRAGON ZOMBIES PURPLE-Y RED/MAGENTA!!! ^___^ *huggles magenta Dragon Zombies*

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #155
Do you realize that being a sweaty FF7 fanboy does you no good? I saw the stats for the Dragon Zombie. It's about half as interesting as something from the Northern Crater. Seeing this being promoted as proper Blades design saddens me.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #156
Don't talk about the Northern Crater please, it was by FAR the worse part of FF7 IMO and can only be beaten by the sensation of arriving at Ultimecia Castle and discovering that in FF8 monsters level up at the same time than you and thanks to not using Attack+ and stats like that on the GFs the ending is going to be tough. Well I am going to shut up because the discussion shouldn't be about Final Fantasy.

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #157
(Admittedly, the first visit to the Northern Crater wasn't awful- the one after Gaea's cliff. But yeah, that is irrelevant, since this discussion is about a scenario that is infinitely worse than either. Haven't played FF8 either.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages