Roses of Reckoning (BoA) is Released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Roses of Reckoning (BoA) is Released!
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #75
I played it with a party of 4. It was quite difficult but not impossiable. I did clear every crypt, although in hindsight I would have had a easier time if I had went to the library and the repel sprirt tome to boosts that's spells level before clearing all the crypts.

Talking about that tome, I noticed something strange which I'm not sure is a bug or feature in BOA. When I read it, my priest got repel sprirt at spell level 4. Now I was sure that there were only supposed to be 3 spell levels per spell, but this seemed to have proved me wrong. Does anyone know if Jeff Vogal intended for this to be allowed or if its a bug. I would say zapping 6 undead targets for 60 damage each time it was cast with my level 3 priest was quite handy in the final battles.
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #76
Level 3 spell cap does not apply in BoA.

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #77
I quoted a bug about that spell, if you go again to read the book it increases again (of 1) the level of this spell. It seems there's no limit.

And anyway level 5 is a bit high for a so low party, perhaps 4 is a bit high too.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #78
A fun, brief ride. I played through with a party of four, and, forewarned by this board, made sure that two of the characters could cast Repel Spirit. That definitely made the whole thing fairly easy up until the four rubies. *That* just took a few reloads and a couple of tactical decisions.

I admire your attempt to raise issues of morality, but I think that the scenario was a bit short to really effectively bring your point out.

I liked:

- the lack of random encounters. I think it makes sense that a civilized part of the world would have taken care of those problems.

- the work done developing the cemetary - a nicely done area.

- the linear style of the scenario. I didn't have to waste too much time figuring out what I had to do. This is my own personal preference - I tend to like Final Fantasy or Icewnd Dale II-oriented games where new parts of the world might open up but they don't overwhelm. Just my preference.

I offer as suggestions:

- Fixing the mage-looking guy seated in town who offers no dialogue options at all - that just seemed strange. Also, the door in his room wasn't one.

- Allowing players to go back to town instead of barring their passage. There were some neat items for sale (assassin's ring) that would've been nice to get once I found more means.

That's about that. I'm new, of course, and have no scenarios under my belt, but once I'm done with JV's, I reckon I'll give it a shot. In the meantime, thanks, TM, for being the first.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #79
quote:
Originally written by Vent:

I quoted a bug about that spell, if you go again to read the book it increases again (of 1) the level of this spell. It seems there's no limit.
I quoted a bug too: I read the spellbook with a level of 3 and it didn't increase my Repel Spirit at all - I was still L3 :(

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

I quoted a bug too: I read the spellbook with a level of 3 and it didn't increase my Repel Spirit at all - I was still L3 :(
I think that sometimes it will raise your summon shade spell level instead for some of the characters if I recall correctly.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #81
No, it doesn't raise anything. Neither repel spirit nor summon shade.
I specially played it again.

)(
:(
bug/
""""

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #82
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

No, it doesn't raise anything. Neither repel spirit nor summon shade.
I have a save game party available. That wasn't for all my chars but for one, I quoted the message and now he has level 7 for repel spirit.

So ok you didn't reproduced the bug, that doesn't mean it doesn't exists. In fact I'm better placed to do an afirmation about that, I'm sure it is, I have a proof!

[ Wednesday, April 28, 2004 14:21: Message edited by: Vent ]
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #83
Bravo on including the windows file on the site.

Although I am still struggling through the windows beta testing and have so far not finished the scenarios that come with it, I will be sure to test it out at the end so i can give feedback to both u and Jeff on its workings...

...although thinking about it you probably already have done some sort of windows testing...

how that is possible...hmph...I'm lost.

anyways, looking forward to trying the scenario out.

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #84
TM- I've given it a quick run on Windows, and it appears to run well, although I'm not sure if you meant to include a graphic on your "definitions" introduction. An error popped up for me the first time I opened your scenario.

The one with the house came through, but that's the only one.

[ Wednesday, May 05, 2004 12:28: Message edited by: Schrodinger ]

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #85
You should have G559 and G558 as the other two intro pics.
BTW, did any of the other custom graphics (ie. the graves, Hana, roses, etc.) come through? Here's hoping that those are my only errors.

(If, of course, 558/559 are missing, I'll update RoR to compensate for that.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #86
The rose definitely came through, as did the graves. I didn't get too far as I was using a level 35 party and didn't think that would be a good idea, but it seemed as though those two graphics were the only ones missing.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages