Beta Call for Exodus

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta Call for Exodus
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #125
There's a small glitch with the Heart of Thakta. I sent you a PM with the details.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #126
Sorry for the double-post and the topic revival, but when is this scenario coming out?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #127
About a month from now, around the end of November. Purely by coincidence, of course. :P

I mean, it's already "out" in the sense that people can play it all they want, and it's not going to look enormously different when it's officially released. It's "not out" in the sense that I'm still going to re-work several things before I call it "done," and I don't want it on CSR yet.

It would be done already had work not mounted up with such a fury over the past couple months. I should get some free time in the not-too-distant future to work on it again.

[ Friday, October 20, 2006 10:34: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #128
New version up. Still only small changes.

Apologies to testers who sent in reports nearly three weeks ago to whom I just now replied. I realize that it's been a while, but I wasn't really able to devote a several-hour block to bug-fixing until tonight.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #129
I sent you a new PM regarding the Necklace of Thakta.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #130
GAH

New version up. It's basically ready for release except for some testing of the last few towns (Peninsula area and Land of the Dead) and finishing the walkthrough. That should be done by the end of the week.

I'd be much obliged if some friendly Windows BoA user could tell me if the Windows custom graphics are still screwed up.

Oh yeah, and debug mode is enabled. I know, and it'll be taken out for the final version.

[ Sunday, November 26, 2006 01:10: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #131
I'm not sure what you mean by screwed up, but everything seems to be in order. Frahmann's slith graphics no longer have off-white all over them, and those cave floors aren't as hideous anymore.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #132
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

Those cave floors aren't as hideous anymore.
Heh. I thought they were supposed to look like that. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #133
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

Frahmann's slith graphics no longer have off-white all over them
That's what I meant. Good. Thanks.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #134
I ran through it again, and encountered no problems. It's ready to go.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #135
Exodus is released, finally! Get it here.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #136
It's up on Shadow Vale now too.

Edit: It's nice to be famous. :P

[ Thursday, November 30, 2006 22:05: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #137
Walkthrough posted at TrueSite. Refreshing may be needed.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #138
So, Kelandon, I don't know what's up with me, the Bahssikava series, and unhandled exceptions, but I just got one in Exodus.

It happened in Thanopolen Tower during the cutscene after killing the chief. It worked fine before that point. I haven't tried redownloading or even replaying the fight, but from my experience with the ones I got in Bahssikava, they occur consistently. I'm running Windows XP. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Fortunately, the scenario still looks like it can be completed. Dikiyoba left the tower before the combat, set a SDF manually, and walked back to camp. The scenario has been progressing normally from there.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #139
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

So, Kelandon, I don't know what's up with me, the Bahssikava series, and unhandled exceptions, but I just got one in Exodus.
What it is is that I'm a designer on a Mac and you're a player on Windows. That almost invariably causes Unhandled Exceptions. :P

quote:
It happened in Thanopolen Tower during the cutscene after killing the chief. It worked fine before that point. I haven't tried redownloading or even replaying the fight, but from my experience with the ones I got in Bahssikava, they occur consistently. I'm running Windows XP. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
I have not heard of such an issue from anyone else, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen for others. If you can send me a save file right before it occurs, I can try to fix it. Otherwise I'm not sure that I can do anything.

--------------------

Pages