Beta call for "Where the rivers meet"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta call for "Where the rivers meet"
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #75
Yeah, I'm registered at the center.

That's fine if I get sent the next version. As I said, when I get it I'll squeeze in some time for it.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #76
When can we expect the release of Where the Rivers Meet, Thralni? I could help with testing if I had an ounce of free time. I don't, you know.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #77
Well, as its looking now, I don't dare to predict anything. Beta is going rather slow (I think, as I didn't get any report for some time now), and the next beta version of the scenario still misses a lot of grammar and spelling corrections.

I'm flattered by your interest in the scenario. I'm just curious why you said the following thing in that way:

quote:
I could help with testing if I had an ounce of free time. I don't, you know.
What I basically want to know, is if this has some deeper meaning which I should have noticed and didn't, or you are just saying you can't test. Its the "you know" part which interests me most.

forgive me this psycho-analyses sort of question, but I'm always curous about this kind of thing. Maybe I should become psychologist and not a biologist after all...

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #78
In English, the phrase "you know" often doesn't really mean anything. It's just something you say as a way of padding out a sentence.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #79
Report sent.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #80
Since school's over, I've been progressing steadily on your scenario. Expect a response soon.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #81
I sent all betatesters an email. if you are a betatester (I didn't include you, Tyranicus and Dintiradan) and didn't get the email, then please tell me so. telling me by email is best, as i don't look at the forums that often anymore. Looking at the Betatestingcenter forum is a must! I, for some reason, have the feeling almost nobody is looking at it....

Miya: read your report, by the way, just didn't have time to answer.

TM: I am very curious to your report.

[ Wednesday, June 14, 2006 06:36: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #82
Um... why don't I get an e-mail?

Anyway, the situation is as before. My save is foobarred, so I'd have to start from scratch to begin beta-testing again. And if I was to begin beta-testing, I'd rather do it over with your new version than with the old one. You'll need someone to test the new version anyway.

--------------------
Foo. Bar. Baz.
Perl, anyone?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #83
Dintiradan, you said you would stop with testing, no? I thought you would stop altogether, so I didn't include you in the mailing list.

Anyway, it doens't have any use sending you that email now anyway. I gather you do want to betatest?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #84
I guess I didn't make myself clear a couple of months ago. I said (or meant to say) that I was dropping out of the beta for the current version. Since I'll have to start from scratch, I might as well wait for the next version to beta.

Short answer: Yes. Send me the most current version.

EDIT: To clarify further, send me the version coming out in three weeks. By then, I should be done beta testing Lazarus' (and maybe Nikki's) scenario.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
Before spending available funds on giant gargoyles, gothic arches, or other cosmetically intimidating pieces of architecture, I will see if there are any valid military expenditures that could use the extra budget.

[ Thursday, June 15, 2006 17:32: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #85
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

EDIT: To clarify further, send me the version coming out in three weeks. By then, I should be done beta testing Lazarus' (and maybe Nikki's) scenario.
You'll do mine an hour after downloading buddy!

Thralni: I started playing again last night, and my first big issue arrives. Please, please, please use a spellchecker on your scripts!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #86
yeah , i know, it has been noted alrewady by almost all beta testers.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #87
People, I really, honestly, don't want to put any pressure on you, but in a week I'll start with correcting and updating the scenario, and until now I got two full reports, and about three incomplete reports. I would like to have these reports next week, best would be the complete versions. If you can't send a complete version (or you don't think it will be complete by that time), then send what you have, so I at least can do something.

Also, I only got two or three replies to my emails. I'm still waiting for the others...

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #88
Most of what would be in my report is already at the boards, but I'll get back to you soon about the scenario as a whole.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #89
School is FINALLY over, which means that progress on my scenario will be made during the next one or two weeks. I use the reports whicch I got until now (That's Dintiradan's, Tyran's and partly TM's, still waiting for TM's full report, though). All others that didn't send a report: I would appreciate it if you can send them, but don't be offended if I don't use them. If you send them in before I realease the second beta version, though, I will take them into account. This scenario has stayed around on my computer for too long already, and I want to finally release.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #90
The present situation of my scenario:

I used all reports I have, and taken all advice into account. I corrected all reported spelling/grammatcal errors which, but also some that were not reported. I'll wait a while until I get some more reports before realeasin the current version of the scenario for beta. I'm espacially waiting for TM's report, as he said it should be almost finished.

Note that at the moment I'm mainly eager to get comments on the scenario's plot and execution. Spelling and such is welcome too, but its not my first priority.

I have been thinking if I maybe should ask fo more testers, as most testers I have now didn't send me any reply to my email, don't post at the BoATC, leaving me with no clue as of how far they have progressed with the beta.

Please, to all betatesters, post in this thread to say how far you are, when you think you will be ready, and send me at least a part of the report you hopefully already started working on. If I receive nothing, or too little to continue with, I'll ask for more testers.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #91
I sent all betatester version 1.1.0 (hopefully the final version) of Where the Rivers meet. people who should have received it by now:

Dolphin;
Inthrall;
TM;
Lenar;
Nikki;
Dintiradan;
Ash;
I'm sorry, tyran, but your email again didn't work.

If there's any problem with the files, I'll send them again, but then unzipped.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #92
I find this oddly reassuring. Instead of Yahoo having a major bug (ignoring my e-mail for a month, then presenting it to me), it only has a sporadic minor bug (mistaking a July e-mail for June, and filing it with June e-mails).

--------------------
Before ridiculing my enemies for wasting time on a device to stop me that couldn't possibly work, I will first acquire a copy of the schematics and make sure that in fact it couldn't possibly work.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #93
Sorry for the double post, but editing my previous won't bump the thread.

I'm having the same .hqx problem as before with Thralni's e-mail. Can a Windows user be so kind as to send me a .zip or .rar of Version 1.1.0?

dintiradan (at) yahoo (dot) ca

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
I will instruct my fashion designer that when it comes to accessorizing, second-chance body armor goes well with every outfit.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #94
quote:

I'm having the same .hqx problem as before with Thralni's e-mail. Can a Windows user be so kind as to send me a .zip or .rar of Version 1.1.0?

dintiradan (at) yahoo (dot) ca

Thanks in advance.

Will do. Should be winging it's way to you now.

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #95
Boy, this is one slooow e-mail. :P

Still waiting...

--------------------
My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #96
It seems that I go on vacation later than I thought. Therefore, I'd like the reports not on friday (well, friday of course would be perfect), but you will have the time until next saturday, and possibly even longer, though you shouldn't count on that.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #97
EDIT: Woops, my first double post! Please delete this at will.

[ Tuesday, July 11, 2006 03:50: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #98
quote:

Boy, this is one slooow e-mail. :P
I have no idea why, but Hotmail is being a dirty little... I had the same thing with numerous emails yesterday, including ones to Thralni and Kelandon.

Hopefully you got it now...

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #99
Meh. I'd just as soon blame Yahoo as Hotmail. The first time I tried downloading the attachment, it quit halfway through and Windows declared it corrupted. Second time worked, though. I'm torn between blaming it on Windows, dial-up, and Yahoo.

Will re-begin testing tonight.

--------------------
If I know of any heroes in the land, I will not under any circumstance kill their mentors, teachers, and/or best friends.

Pages