Beta call for "Where the rivers meet"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta call for "Where the rivers meet"
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
This is my very first scenario, and I need YOU to test it. bare in mind that this is a first-try-scenario, and when making it I didn't really make everything totally logical. I mainly focused on the technical side, so the plot is a bit cliche and maybe even bad or wouldn't make any sense.

So, what would I like to see:

Email adress (to send you the scenario);
experience in testing;
what are the main things you look at when testing;
gender (yes, gender, so i wouldn't make any mistakes when writing you an email :P );
the OS you will use to test.
It is also very important that you tell me your user name at the BoA testing center. Without that, I can't add you to the hidden forum which will be used to discuss things about my scenario!

That's all, actually. please register at the BoA betatesting center, which can be found here . from there I'll discuss and announce things, so register and regularly check back!

Also, I would appreciate it if you can send me any faults in spelling and grammar to me personally by email, and post things about plot and other bigger problems of this scenario on the BoA betatesting forum, so every betatester will be able to see and think about it.

then there is one more thing: at the moment I can only offer a Mac version, but I expect to have made the Windows version very soon, so both OS's can be used for testing.

Note that the board that will be dedicated to my scenario on the BoA betatesting forum is not made yet, and I don't know when it will be, so just have some patience.

I'd like to have about 5 beta testers, but more is also good (though not more than 7)

Tell me if I forgot to mention something in this post, please.

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 08:05: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
You know all the answers, except that I have no previous experience - I was a tester for Canopy, but went on holiday unexpectedly just as the scenario arrived, meaning I missed it all.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

That's all, actually. please register at the BoA betatesting center, which can be found here . from there I'll discuss and announce things, so register and regularly check back!

Note that the board that will be dedicated to my scenario on the BoA betatesting forum is not made yet, and I don't know when it will be, so just have some patience.

Just letting you know that it's online. ;)

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Yay! thank very much!

EDIT: Which reminds me that it would be very helpful if you could also post the name under which you registered.

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 06:54: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #4
Thralni-

Let me know when the Windows port is ready, and you have a tester for that OS.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin tells me that he recently took a preliminary exam to be on Jeopardy. Other people that he claims took said test were Steven Spielburg and Elvis.
I wish I could have been there to meet Elvis.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
If you send me the graphics, I can port them later today.

I can't beta test, though, since I have my own scenario to finish (small parts of three more towns!), but I can port the graphics.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
Sure, why not. If you need another tester I'll do it assuming I can test through e-mail and not the testing center.

Name: Dolphin
Email: dolphin1189702@hotmail.com
Experience in testing: Undead Valley, The Maze, and a little with the dialogue editor.
What you look at while testing: Script errors, spelling, grammar, appearance….
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

If you send me the graphics, I can port them later today.

I can't beta test, though, since I have my own scenario to finish (small parts of three more towns!), but I can port the graphics.

Thanks but I already made them. I only have to get them on my Mac, which is now turned off. I'll do it some time this week (if I have any time, that is).

Thanks for offering though, and what a pity you can't test. However, you own scenario of course has the highest priority for you.

Lenar: I'll count you in as a beta tester, but you could you please answer my questions too?

Dolphin: that's fine, though you'll probably miss out on discusions concerning the plot.

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 08:06: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
I'm torn. I want to beta-test, but I'm not sure I'll have a stable place to play BoA for a while... and I'm not sure I'll be able to run it off my iPod.

If my laptop gets back soon, I'll be willing to test.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #9
betatestingcent.8.forumer.com. Hmmm... is this a new forum? I've never heard of it.

Anyway, Thralni, I'm in the midst of making my scenario. If you find yourself short of Windows beta-testers, however, I'll see if I can find some time for it. Just send me an e-mail or PM if not enough people are willing.

(And I must ask: 'Guild Master'?)

EDIT: Ah, I get it now. Stareye did a rank change.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as soon as it has been employed it will be melted down and made into limited-edition commemorative coins.

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 11:22: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

(And I must ask: 'Guild Master'?)
New titles.

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 11:20: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #11
I suppose I can give it a try.

Name: Inthrall
Email: monicholson(at)gmail.com
Experience in testing: Not much, to say the truth
What you look at while testing: Glitches in gameplay, Misspelt dialogue, Holes in walls, ect...

Edit: I will be away until Saturday though. Then, the second week of the holidays is mine! Mine!!!

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 12:01: Message edited by: Inthrall ]

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #12
Email address: evita (at) tele2 (dot) ch
experience in testing: Canopy, Undead Valley
what are the main things you look at when testing: details (I'm nitpicky), plot, the logic of dialogues.
the OS you will use to test: I belong to the rare people being too lazy to upload X and still using Mac OS 9.2
At the BoA Betatest Center I run under spy.there.

:P Funny how Overwhelming appears only when his website has been mentioned here. He must have placed a covert detecting system at SW boards.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
Email adress (to send you the scenario); terrorsmartyr@wi.rr.com
experience in testing; Abyss by WKS, Inferno by WKS, Twilight by WKS, Malkriss by TGM, The Draining by Flamefiend, AC2 by Shyguy, AC3 by Shyguy, Revenge by Creator, Spears by Stareye, At the Gallows by Stareye, Emulations by Stareye, Tomorrow by Alcritas, Babysitting by Khoth, Cave of No Return by Eldiran, A Perfect Forest by Stareye, Bahssikava by Kelandon, Backwater Calls by Smoo, Order of Krell by Ephesos
(I might be forgetting some.)
what are the main things you look at when testing; Bugs, writing that stops the reader's flow, plots that suck, combat that sucks
gender (yes, gender, so i wouldn't make any mistakes when writing you an email [Razz] ); I am a superhero with three balls. The third ball is engorged and can take the shape of any weapon or defensive item. I am known as Deathticle.
the OS you will use to test. MacOS v10.2.8

EDIT: And my ID at Overwhelming's forum is "Sonzoku Satsujin"

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 15:08: Message edited by: Butt Paladin ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
I'm very glad to see so many poeple applying. I'll wait though for some more Windows users to apply, before starting to send the scenarios.

Ephesos: What a pity, I would have liked you to test it. Are you still available, or shouldn't I count you in?

Spy.there: I also tested it on my old Imac G3 with OS 9.2.2, but its nice to know you're not the only one. Can I ask you if you can make me two
introduction pics? I asked somebody else already, but she is too busy. If your answer is yes, I'll send you the information on what I want you to draw.
TM: Don't worry, the combat probably sucks (I'm bad in balancing it all).

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #15
Added to the forum:

Tyranicus,
Ash Lael,
Dintiradan,
Lenar Labs,
TM,
spy.there (not really a beta-tester any more, but I'll leave you in. feel free to join if you feel like),
Inthrall.

the others didn't give username at all or a valid username. I ask these if they can still give it. Dolphin, you don't have too, as you already requested.

[ Thursday, April 20, 2006 09:05: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #16
Just for the record:

Email adress: robertncook@cedarville.edu
experience in testing: For Blades? None.
what are the main things you look for when testing: Story/Map Continuity, scripting errors, map completion, typos, all-round playability and balance, etc.
gender: neuter (but you may use the masculine if you so desire) :P
the OS you will use to test: Windows XP SP2
BOA TC ID: "cvpota"

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is taking an extrordinarily long time to come up with something for me to put in this post.
He may actually find something. He may not.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #17
As per your request.

Email adress: nikkisjeffery@hotmail.co.uk

Experience in testing; None at all.

What are the main things you look at when testing; Plot holes, design flaws, bad typing, unrealistic dialogue, general things that make me frown.

Gender; I have one, yes. Male.

The OS you will use to test: Windows '98.

And I'm not registering at the BoA Centre, so just email me the news/whatever.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #18
Okay, to you all that made the effort to answer the questions, thanks.

Current beta testers (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Tyranicus (Windows 2000 SP4)
Inthrall (Mac OS 10.1.5)
lenar labs (Windows XP SP2)
Supanik (Windows 98) (Not registering at forum)
Dolphin (Mac OS 10.4.5) (Not registering at forum)
TM (Mac OS 10,2,8)
Spy.there (Mac OS 9.2)
Dintiradan (Windows 98)
Ash lael (Windows?)

For the ones who don't register at the forum, you'll probably miss out on some plot discussions. I can forward you some things, but you'll have to request.

If all is correct, than the Mac users can expect the scenario soon, and the windows people wil have to wait till the weekend (I'm very busy this week with school things and internationalisation projects).

[ Thursday, April 20, 2006 09:06: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #19
Yes, please do forward any information to me you feel would assist me in testing. My request to not take part in the testing center is solely due to time issues (I have just enough free time to post on SW, do the beta, and make a token effort toward eventually producing a scenario).
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #20
Ah, sure. I've reached a good time to stop in A4, and I've slowed down a lot in my scenario lately (making a creature spawn in a random location has become more difficult than I expected). I may be a little slow in getting back to you, I have a few things to do this week (like final exams, nothing too serious :) ).

E-mail address: dintiradan(at)yahoo.ca
Testing Experience: Lucky you. You're the first. I am making a scenario right now, so I may be somewhat helpful.
Concentrates on: Spelling, plot, bugs/glitches/loopholes, what are the cool/not so cool ideas.
OS: I have BoA on a Windows 98 machine (I can't do the platform switch for you; send me the Windows version).
Beta-ID: Just signing up now. It will be 'dintiradan'.

If you find another Windows user who will have more time, use him/her instead. I don't mind. Back to studying!

EDIT: Yeah, if the Windows users don't get the scenario until the weekend, I'll be definitely able to beta test. I have one exam on next week Tuesday, and that's it.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use. Also, I will not construct walkways above them.

[ Tuesday, April 18, 2006 09:58: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #21
Thanks, Dintiradan. Yes, the scanrio will only arrive in the weekend, and if things really get delayed, you'll mayble only get it on monday or tuesday. I'll have cut some pieces of the current graphics, as to trim down in file size.

Updated list of beta-testers.

I don't need any kmore testers. All that applied, thanks very much! I do appreciate it.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Spy.there: .... Can I ask you if you can make me two
introduction pics? I asked somebody else already, but she is too busy. If your answer is yes, I'll send you the information on what I want you to draw.

+_+ dang. I can make either pics or beta-testing. Both are impossible.
I assume then you'll condemn me to draw. But you know that I am the slowest of all sluggish artists?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #23
I'll try and test, if you like. No guarantees on thoroughness or timeliness, as I'm typically fairly busy. I'm Ash Lael at Overwhelming's forum, email addy is aussie@1wayfm.com.au.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #24
Spy.there, well, to be hinest, I'd rather have yiou draw the pics than beta-test if I must choose. its a pity you can't do both. You say you are slow? How slow? When do you think you will be ready?

Ash: Yes, I'd really appreciate that. Just answer the questions in the first poist of this topic please, and I'll add you to the forum.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages