Deathmatch Tournament -- Round Two, Part Two

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deathmatch Tournament -- Round Two, Part Two
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #50
Amen

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #51
STOP. EVERYBODY STOP.

STOP using the Deathmatch as a platform for making condescending remarks about a member you dislike. A whole load of you have done this. It's disgraceful.

STOP using the Deathmatch as a platform to complain about the forums, ET.

Anybody else who feels the need to bash others in this thread (whether subtly or blatantly), or pollute it with incandescent argument, will be disqualified from the tournament and/or asked not to participate in any further threads, and/or fed to Icshi's needle/ferrets.

Capiche?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by Generic Mod:

and/or fed to Icshi's needle/ferrets.
Because no scolding of Emperor Tullegolar would be complete without the obligatory oldbie inside joke reference.

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #53
I, for one, follow through on the expectations I lay out. ET, you are hereby disqualified from the tournament.

If you have anything to say in response, please PM me (or Jewels, if you prefer). But please keep it out of this thread. AND THAT GOES FOR EVERYBODY ELSE AS WELL.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #54
quote:
No you didn't.
I most certainly did read tolkeen.
How come do i know about the fall of Numenor, or about Oligunt the spider who sucked the life out of the trees of light or about Melkor only saved from death by the balrogs after being attacked by oligunt or about the rise of Sauron amongst his felow maiar or... I see your point.
It's Tolkien isn't it.

And look there is no reason being upset, ET was expressing himself how would you like being frammed as well while exressing your self. Just kidding it's about time we stop doing thread like these.

Edit: Oligunt

[ Friday, April 25, 2008 07:29: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #55
I am amused by the trend of the Jewels v TM match being ended by outside forces.

That is all.

---------------------
The Silent Assassin still doesn't know about this thread. And I'm keeping it that way.
I just hope he doesn't want to know why I asked him about the gelignite thing...

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

I like speaking my mind, when the voices let me hear it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #56
Nikki: TM vs. Jewels deserves an NC-17 rating. Nevertheless, "lawl".

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/16/08)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
How come do i know about the fall of Numenor, or about Oligunt the spider who sucked the life out of the trees of light or about Melkor only saved from death by the balrogs after being attacked by oligunt or about the rise of Sauron amongst his felow maiar or... I see your point.
It's Tolkien isn't it.

Edit: Oligunt
Ungoliant. ;)
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #58
???

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #59
Oh, you're cool Slarty, disqualifying someone because they were arguing on the outcome of a match, that makes sense. Fine, it's your thing, I won't ask to be readmitted. And don't worry, this will be my last post in a Deathmatch thread. The rest will be completely free of my input, pictures, or anything else Tully related. I'm sure I just made all your days.

--------------------
You lose.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #60
Perhaps if this thread had an OoC version it would be treated with the respect it deserves?

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

quote:
No you didn't.
It's Tolkien isn't it.

Actually, you can learn all that from Wikipedia. I don't think you did, of course, but you can.

—Alorael, who is actually quite impressed with the Legendarium content of Wikipedia. No one needs the Dictionary of Imaginary Places anymore.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #62
By Nikki:
quote:
Dintiradan's plan to impose atheism on the airwaves.
Whut?

--------------------
*** niniel has joined #cabedenaras
<niniel> hey turambar
<niniel> turambar?
<niniel> honey, u there?
<g|4urung> ur a sicko
<niniel> no wai, u r teh sicko
<g|4urung> at least i dont do my borther
<g|4urung> *brother
<niniel> wtf?
* niniel gasps.
<g|4urung> ya thats right
*** niniel has quit IRC (OH NOES!!!)
*** turin|away is now known as turn
<turin> hey guys, what did i miss?
<brandir> ew, your a sicko 2
<turin> shut up, lameo
<brandir> make me
*** turin sets mode: +b brandir*!*@*.*
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #63
Well, you're not telling us any plans, are you? I had to make one up. :P

I'm also sorry for posting that script - I won't go into it here, at Slarty's asking, but it was really just the view of one member - me - and really shouldn't have been blown up as it was.

I would offer to go and change it, but it seems moot now.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #64
I honestly don't see why you're so upset, Slarty. Did we do any different to Nylad and Nioca in round one? The atmosphere doesn't feel that much different at all. Unless you didn't like it then, either, but I kinda felt you were playing along.

I thought the whole point was to have fun, which is hard to do if you can't rib a brother and banter about replies. I mean, as long as we keep it clean,(*eyes Nikki* I've got a belt with your name written all over it... ;) ), it's good with me.

/my2cents

Edit: Alright, I just revisited round one/part one and you did step in to stop personal attacks... I guess I'm just so used to bigger personal attacks that it doesn't bother me. On the brighter side. I am now very happy with the quality of posts compared to the first thread. Few rounds made it past two sentences then.

[ Friday, April 25, 2008 18:32: Message edited by: Jewelz ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #65
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

You guys do know that I made the first character editor for Geneforge 4 when it came out, don't you? In fact I'm fairly sure that's the reason why there was never a link to one in the forum header, because I made it and the mods hate me to much to give me the credit.
I added your editor to the links page of Strategy Central. I think it never got added because Slarty made it and didn't include editors in GF3 and GF4 Strategy Central. Besides even with using the search for your member number most of the topics didn't have it, just your mentioning that it existed.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #66
I run a tight ship, and I do it for a living. I believe that allowing people to belittle each other does not contribute to personal freedom, but actually takes away from it.

Normally I would not (edit: left that word out) enforce friendliness here, but given the potential inherent in a thread where you talk about members trying to maim and kill each other, and which declares some members victorious over others, I think it's necessary to force it. The exchanges of flames that have sprung up in less provocative threads recently speak to this, too.

Edit: The editor links used to be in the header directly, which I think makes sense given how often they are asked about.

[ Saturday, April 26, 2008 00:37: Message edited by: Indicative v. Performative ]

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #67
But, this isn't real. Your job, what you do, is real. There is a vast difference. But whatever, I guess you are in charge.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #68
quote:
Originally written by Discontinued:

Normally I would enforce friendliness here, but given the potential inherent in a thread where you talk about members trying to maim and kill each other, and which declares some members victorious over others, I think it's necessary to force it.
If you wanted this to be a friendly thread, are you sure in hindsight that you picked the right combination of topic and forum?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #69
Wouldn't SW be a sad community if it can't handle these sort of topics in a nice manner? We usually refer to ourselves as "better than an average community", but hearing you say this, Thuryl, I'm starting to doubt that.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #70
quote:
Originally written by Jewelz:

...I mean, as long as we keep it clean,(*eyes Nikki* I've got a belt with your name written all over it... ;) .
Miss, I believe I stayed on the right side of decency, though if you wish to use that belt, I assure you I have none of the... shortcomings that your Deathmatch opponent has. ;)

[ Saturday, April 26, 2008 02:37: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #71
I cough quietly.

It would be nice if we could get back to the topic and avoid further unfriendliness. I do not want to have to start grumbling under my breath.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #72
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here — this is the War Room!

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #73
Jewels, do you have the official results ready yet? :)

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #74
No, I haven't even voted in the poll. I was gonna give y'all two weeks to put up your opinions. It's only been 4 days. Slarty, at least, has expressed interest in posting opinions that aren't up yet but I'm not gonna wait more then the two weeks for him.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive

Pages