Deathmatch Tournament -- Round Two, Part Two

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deathmatch Tournament -- Round Two, Part Two
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #25
What, never heard of that great epic by thaddeus q. tolkeen? It's about three great cubic zirconia knock-offs that were so very Similar to the ones by Feanor, your friends will never know the difference. Plus you'll save yourself a lot of grief, doom, curses, and so on. Operators are standing by.

[ Thursday, April 24, 2008 07:44: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
I don't understand the bacon references,
Oui! You don't know about ZE DEMON OF GOOD TASTE? Zis is an outrage!!1

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Jewels seems whiney to me, and if she whines over the stuff that goes on without TM, I can only imagine how great it would be if he were here.

Whiney??? WHINEY!?! I am not whiney! Drakey, Stareye, ET called me whiney. Can't you ban him or something? /whining ;)

Bold move, actually, calling the judge of your match whiney. Will I take it to heart? Let it affect my judgement? Even if I don't and still deem that you lose, you could claim it as unfair bias because of the insult and no one could prove you wrong. /still whining

The cards will probably stay as is. I don't see Slarty changing them and I have no desire to either.

quote:
Originally written by Thralni:
Tullegolar tickles Nem with his big feather, and laughing, nem falls to the ground.
Priceless!

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #28
I actually -can't- change the cards -- I made them using a demo version of FileMaker that has since expired. But I don't think it makes sense to change them either; if the Deathmatch were starting now it would clearly have a different list of participants, too.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #29
Alorael, vs. the Silent Assassin

Unless SA could go stealthy the second the match began, Alorael's Superiour Epic Weapon Focus (Sniper Rifle) would punch through his AC like a 2d12 Fire Damage modifer through a wall of mundane ice.

ADoS, vs. The Big A

Aran is SW in a major way. Without him, the archives would probably never have existed. Aran incinerates ADoS under seven years worth of archived flames. No contest.

Goldenking (aka: The Chicken} vs. Drakefyre aka SEPHIROTH

(Honestly, I don't understand why, but from the moment I came here I simply cannot imagine him in any other way except a winged, white-haired demonic-eyed and insanely cool genetic super-warrior)

Gold Boy will find it hard to post his insane abilities after having his account slashed apart with a super-long Katana.

Ash Leal vs. Evil Overlord MK CXVII

The chainsaw is a melee weapon, if Evil Overlord MK CXVII has time to activate his super-weapon then no ammount of holy rocks will prevent Ash becoming a patch of scorced earth.

Nemesis vs. the Underappreciated Demonic Apparition from the second Frozen Hell.

ET has serious class, and while I find myself hating his guts occasionally I find the general attitude towards him seriously uncalled for and depressing. ET shoves Nemesis' 10 ranks (Mild-manneredness) down his throat then dominates him for life with his permanant 20+ charisma modiferer.

Zeviz vs. Stareye

Zeviz fires NUKE, which detonates the antimatter machine which instantly converts the entire planet into expanding waves of energy, end of story, and life as we know it.

SoT vs. the fishstick jumper

No comment.

Jewels vs GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even a ban can prevent the unstoppable power of the ultimate BoA designner. Terror incarnate slams into Jewels, followed by a large number of R-rated contrived boss enemies, in turn pursued by TENTACLE. Finally, TM himself graces the battlefield, and his single word of command obliterates everything for a thousand miles in every direction. End of Jewels, end of bosses, end of TENTACLE, end of everything. DONE, GONE, YOU LOSE.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #30
Just a little question. What's with the actor/actress names under the pics (with the exception of SA's)?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Azuma Velius:

Just a little question. What's with the actor/actress names under the pics (with the exception of SA's)?
A while before the Deathmatches first started there was a Spiderweb movie thread where prominent members were assigned actors who would play them. It was really just one person's opinion at the time, it's not like we voted or anything. Like I said, these cards really do seem a bit dated and in some cases inadequate for judging the person's skills.

--------------------
You lose.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

Aran incinerates ADoS under seven years worth of archived flames.
Yikes! I should have known the PPP was really a secret weapon project. All that selfless community service was merely a cover.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

Only at irony central, only at irony central.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #34
Match #1:

I could post a long winded description like those before me, but this match is going to proceed very simply. Alorael shows up, gets into position, and waits. And waits. The Silent Assassin never shows up. Unsurprising, as he is not, and never was, an actual member.

Winner: Alorael (By default.)

Match #2:

ADoS realizes that he has a difficult match ahead of him and plans accordingly. He unleashes a barrage of posts, most legitimate, some not. Arancaytar, surreptitiously checking things out at work by using Lynx through a daisy chain of SSH connections to evade site blocking, is unable to keep up. Is this image in ADoS's latest post merely a new logo for the Encyclopaedia? Or is it a monstrous GIF with flickering fuzzy turtles that would put Anonymous to shame? He sure isn't capable of verifying this with his boss looking over his shoulder; Mr. B. has his pristine reputation to keep.

It's when Arancaytar gets a complaint about how slow he was to lock ADoS's TMBG slash thread that he wearily stumbles upon his counterattack. Despite his incredible offensive, ADoS still has a critical Achilles Heel, and as a moderator of General, Arancaytar is able to exploit it. By posting a certain banner in General's header, ADoS is felled in one stroke.

Winner: Arancaytar

Match #3:

In the end, it'll be a toss up if Drakefyre even makes an appearance. But even if he did, he'd be held up at the entrance. See, you must be this tall to enter the Arena, and our little James hasn't hit his growth spurt yet.

Winner: Goldenking (By default.)

Match #4:

When you're up against the Big Guns, you have to be elusive. Ash Lael disappears into the woodwork, making it nigh impossible for Dintiradan to get a lock on. Whenever Ashby makes one of his appearances, it's always done with the fanfare of CCM. Most of it's repetitive, shallow drivel, but there's enough diamonds in the rough to distract Dintiradan long enough so a devastating counterattack cannot be launched. Of course, Ash Lael isn't capable of doing significant physical damage, so with armour factored in, Dintiradan is able to simply ignore most attacks. This looks like it's going to be a long slog.

Or is it? You see, Evil Overlords have traditionally been found lacking in the creativity department, and Dintiradan is no exception. The Creator, on the other hand, has it in spades. Ash Lael eventually whips up some potions of his own design and fells Dintiradan with an amazing alchemical assault. As it turns out, Good is not always dumb.

Winner: Ash Lael

Match #5:

It's often been pointed out that the concept of a Deathmatch is hopelessly biased against some Classes. This match points out why. Emperor Tullegolar has invested much of his energy into shaping his dystopia and perfecting the art of coercion. Not one to back down from histrionics, our resident emperor is quick to point this out. For most Deathmatch participants, this would be a fatal flaw because it leave an opening for the opponent. Tullegolar, however, has a knack for combining offence with defence, and sends a withering barrage of satire toward his nemesis.

Nemesis, of course, shrugs this off and begins attacking. No matter what tactic the emperor throws at him, he cannot get a rise out of his adversary, and Nemesis continues on his course of action, unfaltering. It seems Tullegolar must resort to physical combat. How demeaning. How the match proceeds from here is tough to see. It's tough to gauge the level of Nemesis fighting ability. It just never seems to be used much (though this may just be due to the fact that everyone else goes missing whenever he makes an appearance). His opponent, however, is a known canister connoisseur. The green skinned Tullegolator is able to pull off a shaky victory.

Winner: Emperor Tullegolar

Match #6:

Evil dictator versus evil dictator. The power of the atom versus the power of the atom. This is a very close match. This match is incredibly tough to call - once this game of global thermonuclear war begins, all bets are off. In the end, the balance of power lies slightly with Stareye. In the incredibly unlikely case that both contestants are able to stave off mutually assured destruction, Zeviz's supply will begin to run low. Of course, he could always restock his arsenal, but you need reactors to enrich your supply. And Stareye has a monopoly in that regard.

One thing's for certain - I'm not waiting around at ground zero to test my prediction.

Winner: Stareye

Match #7:

Salmon may possess firearms, but with his military training, Student of Trinity is no slouch with a rifle either. After an inconclusive opening gunfight, both turn to more exotic weaponry. Stud. grabs his rocks, Salmon his pole. Our scaly friend immediate turns to trolling. Unfortunately for him, this activity requires you to place yourself in a location of prominence. Once Salmon jumps to a high location to deliver his attack, Student of Trinity nails him with a well placed rock. Salmon is knocked off his roof. Again.

Winner: Student of Trinity

Match #8:

It was inevitable that one of these star cross'd lovers would meet their fate at the other's hands. TM opens the fight with a torrent of kanji. Jewels hugs, cuddles, and otherwise smoothers him. TM responds with a exhaustive list of every PDN he has ever had. Jewels hugs, cuddles, and otherwise smoothers him. TM downs some DXM and displays his gigantic globules. Jewels hugs, cuddles, and otherwise smoothers him.

Spot a trend here? Much of TM's attacks have little effect on Jewels. But Gizmo lacks a single offensive attack. All her hugs do is delay the inevitable. In the end, it's the long promised precipitation that does her in.

Winner: Terror's Martyr

--------------------
(Speaking of Angband, why didn't Beren kill Morgoth with Angrist while he was at it?)
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Stud. grabs his rocks, Salmon his pole.
Heh.

Also, yay the match-maker thread. :)

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #36
Match 1: Alorael v. The Silent Assassin

The member with an amorphous identity against the amorphous identity without a membership.
Prep for this one is quite intense, as The Silent Assassin creates a device to prevent him from being a pedestrian (and also a means to efficiently deliver a large payload of gelignite stabilized with peanut butter), and Alo ODs on skribbane to give himself an edge in the anticipated combat.
Alas, the actual match is quite uneventful. Because Lord Grimm was taken out in the first round, The Silent Assassin has no means of actually getting putting his input in, leaving him a sitting duck when Alo regains lucidity.

Match 2: The Almighty Doer of Stuff v. Arancaytar

The Nose v. The "Knows".
Again, prep for this match is intense. ADoS draws several allies into being as Aran creates several killer attack scripts.
As the match begins, Aran launches his scripts and ADoS waits for his implants to tell him what to do. Unfortunately, Aran is yet two years off from killing people with HTML, and ADoS's implants don't seem to be working, so the first wave results in a draw.
The match becomes a battle of support powers as fluffy turtles and bots duke it out in an oddly chess-like environment. However, the bots have no sanity, leaving the turtles disinterested, and the turtles technically aren't detectable on the web, so the bots can't do anything to them, either.
In the end, fighting reverts to punching and clawing, ADoS gets his nose broken, and bleeds his way back to Misc.
Aran wins.

Match 3: Goldenking v. Drakefyre

The self-proclaimed king v. the self-proclaimed ruler of the universe.
This one ends really quickly. Not even canisters can compete with Divine Warrior.
Drakey wins.

Match 4: Ash Lael v. Dintiradan

Ash v. Overlord... meh, can't get any more creative than that.
Prep for this match is the most intense yet, with Ash's frenetic scenario creation and a moving inspirational spech given by Dintiradan to his Legions of Terror.
Alas, the Legions of Terror showed up dressed as roman legionairres armed with ultra-high-powered weapons that all seem to backfire at once. Dintiradan turns to his deth ray to kill Ash with bad grammar... but Ash is immune because he has to listen to Christian Rock all the time.
Confused, Dintiridan turns to his summoning machine, only to be turned upon by Ash wielding his chainsaw. Dintiradan escapes through a trapdoor, disqualifying him.
The summoning machine produces an Ogre.

Match 5: Nemesis v. Emperor Tullegolar

This description can't be matched.
While the prep for this match is not all that extrordinary, the match itself is amazing in that it reveals two things: Hot air in large volumes really can hold back dainslaifs, and a slith spear is not immune to an item-removing script. Oh yes, and a big feather is not enough to keep said dainslaifs away when the hot air suddenly gives way to complaining about how Nemesis clearly shows no respect.

Match 6: Zeviz v. Stareye

The demolisher v. the Establishment.
Well, let's put it like this. Zeviz does his normal devestating NUKE AND PAVE, but Stareye wasn't around to witness it. Instead, a whole bunch of newbies with new titles and no more cheesecake take the blow.
Suddenly, like so many bots and flamers, Zeviz never existed, and Stareye enjoys his cheesecake. No, not fair. But this is Deathmatch.

Match 7: Student of Trinity v. Salmon

The guy who knows everything v. the guy who doesn't care.
I suppose that SoT's brilliantly reasoned attack would have come over a lot better if his opponant didn't already agree with him. While the depth of the fight goes way above most people's heads, all of the audience soon realizes that SoT is merely talking to the wall at this point. Salmon has long since gone fishing.
No longer having anyone to persuade, SoT becomes an existentialist and performs the ultimate act of existentialism with Ocham's Razor.
This match brought to you by SPAM: Salmon Prevails Again, Man.

Match 8: Jewels v. Terror's Martyr

The resident Mom, v. the bane of all moms, especially yours...
All of Spiderweb, Past, Present, Retroactive, and Post-Apocalyptic show up for what may be the most epic battle in this Deathmatch.
Oddly enough, TM does all of the attacking, with Slur, argument, flame, and curse for some time. Jewels takes every blow in stride.
Exhausted and furious, TM steps up his attack. Jewels turns the other cheek.
TM again raises the bar with a round of compound profanity that kills half of the audience and permanently deafens the other half. Jewels blushes a little bit and shakes her head, and the match continues.
After days of Monikers, Your Moms, undeath, and general cruelty to the nature of life itself, the UBB gods step in and destroy this part of the deathmatch, along with its greatest contributor as appeasement.
Jewels , not having actually contributed to the scenario, continues to moderate the deathmatch.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin was intentionally not consulted for this post.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

I like speaking my mind, when the voices let me hear it.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #37
Man, that thread brought back memories. I forgot that was what sparked the last set of custom titles.

Things really were more social then. Hmm... *sound of gears turning*
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #38
5. Nemesis vs. Emperor Tullegolar
Nemesis sets his sword dainslaifs up to whirl around like fan blades. Poor ET, with his massive feather, is quickly picked up by the wind the dainslaifs generate and is blown away. Nemesis.

6. Zeviz vs. Stareye
I see two possibilities with the antimatter machine. Either it's a realistic antimatter machine, in which case it takes so long to produce enough antimatter to annihilate Zeviz that the fight has long been over, or it's a super-advanced antimatter machine, in which case it's indistinguishable from magic and therefore vulnerable to Zeviz's antimagic spell. Stareye then launches a scripting attack, but Zeviz uses his computer skills to hack into BoE and stops it. Then he uses the scrying pool to avoid Stareye's boot. Now it's a stalemate, with the Sword of Damocles and the threat of nuclear war looming overhead. Soon, though, Zeviz gets bored and pushes the big red button. Zeviz.

7. Student of Trinity vs. Salmon
This battle begins as one of the oddest debates Spiderweb has ever seen. Salmon tries to bait Student of Trinity into losing his cool. Student of Trinity responds with several one-liners that leave Salmon reeling, until one comment snags his interest and he begins to muse on its implications. It's the distraction Salmon needs. He uses his carpentry skills to build a small boat. Then calls up his KoL clanmates and convinces them to flood the place with spam. Student of Trinity realizes what happens and attempts to summon a trinity to save him. Unfortunately, he summons Trinity River (either one) and drowns. Salmon.

8. Jewels vs. Terror's Martyr
For right or for wrong, love is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. It allows Jewels to endure TM's worst scorn and insults and come back for more. It enables her to fight her way through all of TM's scenarios while enduring TM's worst scorn and insults in hope that she will be allowed to smother him with love at the end of this match. It makes her beg for TM's return after he is banned, and it lets her survive his tentacle attack with no ill effect. TM is powerless to stop her. But in the end, love is Jewel's downfall, as she sacrifices her life so that TM might move on. Terror's Martyr.

Dikiyoba.

[ Friday, April 25, 2008 09:31: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
I don't understand the bacon references,
Oui! You don't know about ZE DEMON OF GOOD TASTE? Zis is an outrage!!1

Dikiyoba.

I now associate that pink rabbit suit with the latest villain in Scary Go Round. :P

(Also, I believe the bacon came first from a comment Salmon made on me becoming a moderator, not from Slarty's strip. But I may have causality mixed up.)

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #40
Don't drag me into this.

Even if I did start it.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #41
quote:

Not even a ban can prevent the unstoppable power of the ultimate BoA designer. Terror incarnate slams into Jewels, followed by a large number of R-rated contrived boss enemies, in turn pursued by TENTACLE. Finally, TM himself graces the battlefield, and his single word of command obliterates everything for a thousand miles in every direction. End of Jewels, end of bosses, end of TENTACLE, end of everything. DONE, GONE, YOU LOSE.

There is only one way to kill god.
Destroying the current system and burning churches.
That's how god is killed.

Jewels kill god.
Jewels plays god and creates dinosaurs.
Jewels gets killed by a pack of vicious anatotitans,
and Jeff's fammily dominates the world. :D

All right enough spamming.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #42
You can also kill god with a saw...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Discontinued:

You can also kill god with a saw...
It saddens me that I know exactly what this is a reference to.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
Found it!

quote:
Anyhow, with new meat at work for several hours, there is plenty of time to iron out the details.
http://pied-piper.ermarian.net/topic/1/3362

Yeah, and since then I've been bacon. The irony here is that I'm underweight. :P
Warrior
Member # 6923
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Yeah, and since then I've been bacon. The irony here is that I'm underweight. :P
Not really, you're just "lean" bacon.
Aka +50% price bacon.

--------------------
One, Two, Three, Pfhor, Five…
Avernum 2 AM Status - On hold, because I'm bored
- Maps - Tomb of Dahris-Bok
- Annotation - Fort Draco/Ganrick Spider/Areana Caves
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #46
Match 1: Alorael v. The Silent Assassin

As has been said, the Silent Assassin isn't a member, but technically, neither is Alorael - bots aren't people too, I'm afraid, even if they did make/were made by Arancaytar. The battle also never really starts - with Grimm unable to tell anybody where the Silent Assassin is, or what he's upto, he never makes it anywhere near Alorael - lego people do not move on their own. Alorael, on the other hand, is at the top of a tall, tall, tower, waiting for movement that will never come. Eventually, Alorael gets bored, and goes kwilting. The Silent Assassin stays exactly where he is. Forever. The Silent Assassin wins.

Match 2: The Almighty Doer of Stuff v. Arancaytar

Arancaytar amasses all manner of widgets, and scripts, including his latest "masterpiece", thinking that if he can block The Almighty Doer of Stuff's posts, he will be safe. Not so. ADoS posts several page-stretching images (which he's hosting on Aran's webspace, adding insult to injury), but Aran is unable to see the offending material. Blindly, Aran sends out several bots, but actually directs them to burn down the archives in his blinkered state. As the scent of history burning reaches his nostrils, The Almighty Doer of Stuff begins sneezing, and takes Aran out with one well-aimed snotball, winning the match.

Match 3: Goldenking v. Drakefyre

James is too busy reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to pay any attention to Goldenking, at first, so the fight seems terribly one-sided. And it is, until James lets slip certain (false) details about Geneforge 7: The Ornks Revolt. In his cannister-addled state, Goldenking falls for it, allowing our resident 7 year old to make Goldenking disappear into last February. Do not mess with the infant Vahnatai Whitean. Drakefyre goes back to reading about the Gruffalo.

Match 4: Ash Lael v. Dintiradan

Christian rock, with a sultry voice, versus a deth ray. Meh, this is hardly fair, until you realise that even Jeff Vogel had to think twice about banning Ash. Dintiradan, using the Evil Overlord's Handbook, manages to avoid falling into the pitfalls all other overlords have done before, and refuses Ash any last words. Unable to charm his way out, Ash loses to Dintiradan's plan to impose atheism on the airwaves.

Match 5: Nemesis v. Emperor Tullegolar

beginfightscript;

variables:
int i,j,level,modifier;

body;

beginstate INIT_STATE
i = 1; //Tullegar
j = 39; //Items counter

//Take away all of Tully's weapons.
while(j >= 0) { destroy_char_item(i,j);
j = j - 1;
}

//Nerf his level.
level = (1 - get_level(i)); //Find his current level
set_level(i,1); //Then set it to one.

//Take away all of his experience, making him a noob.
modifier = 100;
while(level < 1) {
change_char_xp(i,-25 * modifier);
level = level + 1;
}

//Now remove all his traits.
modifier = 0;
while(modifier <= 22) {
set_char_trait(i,modifier,0);
modifier = modifier + 1;
}

//And all his spells.
modifier = 0;
while(modifier <= 19) {
if(get_spell_level(i,0,modifier) > 0)
change_spell_level(i,0,modifier,-1 * get_spell_level(i,0,modifier));
if(get_spell_level(i,1,modifier) > 0)
change_spell_level(i,1,modifier,-1 * get_spell_level(i,1,modifier));
modifier = modifier + 1;
}

//And his skill points so he can't train again.
change_pc_skill_pts(i,-1 * (get_char_skill_pts(i)));

//And now remove all stats. :)

j = 0;
while (j < 32) {
modifier = get_stat(i,j);
alter_stat(i,j,-1 * modifier);
j = j + 1;
}

//Remove coins so he can't bribe other members/buy new gear.
change_coins(-1 * coins_amount());
Nemesis wins, because BoA scripting owns single stat-altering cannisters.

Match 6: Zeviz v. Stareye

Zeviz's flower power, or even the power of his nuclear arsenal, is nothing campared to Stareye's glower power, or his boot. It's lucky then, that Zeviz can only be beaten up for three turns instead of dying. Eventually, Stareye will get tired of stomping on people (haha, insert Tully reference here), and then one well-aimed missile will wipe him out. Zeviz, and the power of a disco nap, wins.

Match 7: Student of Trinity v. Salmon

Mmmm. SoT is perfect, in every way. Just don't ask me how (all that can be said is that nobody can properly describe the aesthetics of a vagina, so we shouldn't hold that against him). Salmon, on the other hand, despite being only half-amazing, has a longer shaft on his pole. And more posts. And we all know what that means, kids. (If you don't, you clearly don't go to SV.) Alas, SoT isn't #7557, or Tully, and Student of Trinity refuses to be baited. With a well-timed, off-hand comment, Salmon is left up the creek without a paddle.

Match 8: Jewels v. Terror's Martyr

Gah, this is hard. And I hope that Jewels doesn't mind me painting her in a bad light. Huggles!

Anyway. TM engages with mothers better than anybody else. Jewels is a mother, wanting TM to push her buttons. The fight starts with a bang, but not of the destructive kind, and ends with the same. Afterwards, Jewels motherly insistance that "it's okay, it happens to a lot of people", enrages TM, who stalks off to make a scenario, heighten his senses in a way that would break the CoC if mentioned, and talk philosophy, whilst Jewels goes to Truesite and makes some more walkthroughs. They probably never see each other again. Both lose, by allowing love to tear them apart.

[ Friday, April 25, 2008 04:02: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

Nemesis wins, because BoA scripting owns single stat-altering cannisters.
You guys do know that I made the first character editor for Geneforge 4 when it came out, don't you? In fact I'm fairly sure that's the reason why there was never a link to one in the forum header, because I made it and the mods hate me to much to give me the credit. That aside, I do know how to script myself into awesomeness.

[ Friday, April 25, 2008 05:50: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #48
Plus the fact that seeing this opens the doorway to the idea in the Deathmatch: I can script, you can't, this script will turn you into a level-1 noob so I can pawn you, you die! I win!

Basically, what you are all saying is that nothing on earth can stop someone capable of scripting such things, to be realistic, a scripter would actually have to write out -all- that code while avoiding an enemy of equal strength. Unless they're allowed to take them into the deathmatch pre-prepared, in which case there might as well be no deathmatch at all, the winner is the first person who draws.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #49
Yes, but they need to harp on Nemesis's one and only skill because the thought of me winning despite my superiority in every other area makes them sick to their stomach.

--------------------
You lose.

Pages