Video Game Addiction

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Video Game Addiction
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #150
I weigh 125 lbs (I'm 5'8") and I've been drinking "the hard stuff" like this religiously my whole life. I'm in pretty damn good shape if you ask me.

Diet tastes disgusting. Coke Zero isn't as bad, but I still really don't like it. All I like is Classic. Very, VERY specific. I can actually taste the difference of where it came from: canned, tapped, bottled, North America, Europe, China: they're all slightly different.

I kind of like vanilla and cherry, but they're candyish and too sweet. Not that coke classic isn't one-eighth sugar.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #151
I used to be a religious Classic drinker too. A slower metabolism post-undergrad caught up with me though. :( The difference has to do with the sweetener used in the formula; outside the U.S., most of the "bottlers" use real sugar as opposed to high fructose corn syrup.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #152
I know! The foreign ones with real sugar are way better! Our Coke always seems fake-sweet.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #153
I'm pretty accustomed to it though, and so prefer it. Part of the reason I've always liked Coke better than Pepsi is on account of it not tasting as sweet.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #154
Coke classic rules!
I also love Cherry Coke, and Cherry Pepsi is not as good but almost.

And I wonder when resturants will realize that Coke and Pepsi taste different. Then they can serve whichever one the costomer wants. Which is probably Coke.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again

WtRM v. 2.0.1 betatesting needs Mac users...Thraini is getting impatient.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #155
They usually can't on account of exclusive contract agreements.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #156
Meaning they should go with the county's favorite. Coke.

But I know, some people like Pepsi *cough*.

Edit -and look at my sig.

[ Friday, July 13, 2007 11:52: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #157
When you have a choice, how often do you choose a restaurant based on the carbonated beverages they serve? It's probably a secondary decision for you. For restaurants, there are all kinds of considerations, predominantly having to do with price, but also sometimes because one of the soft drink makers has a substantial ownership share in the chain. I'm not certain that it's the case anymore, but I'm pretty certain that Pepsico used to have a large share of what is now Yum! Brand restaurants, which include Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut; Coca-Cola may have a stake in McDonalds, etc.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #158
Originally by Drew:

quote:
When you have a choice, how often do you choose a restaurant based on the carbonated beverages they serve? It's probably a secondary decision for you.
Heh. I used to eat at Taco Bell about once a week because the drink that comes with a combo meal is so large, plus the drinks were self-serve so I could get my Dr. Pepper without being shortchanged by ice. It's about the only reason to eat at Taco Bell, really.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #159
I love all those chains but I hate McDonald's and Wendy's. Fortunately, most places serve coke instead.

Waffle House and Taco Bell are the only things I would bring here from the states. I miss greasy/fake breakfast/Mexican food.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #160
Of course, I am addicted to independent roleplaying games, unfortunately, I finish one then I find out they are not producing any more for six months, then I go into withdrawal for a month, followed by loss of meaning and read lots of science fiction. Fortunately, I despise MMORPGs or else I would drool in front of the computer for three hours a day. Evercrack, World of Wussiness, yay they can destroy your life.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #161
I'm addicted to Spiderweb Software.

Oh, and Sonic (The resturant) is good.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #162
Don't know. Never particularly took to regular Coke. Like a good Diet Coke though. Nout like one and a bacon and egg sandwich to wake you up on the way in, in a morning.

Okay, I realise it's not healthy to drink a lot of it, but in fairness, if I really cared that much, I wouldn't drink alcohol either.

Gaming addictions... well, I guess that's what you get for a society that starts to think that anything other than trying to get their kids outside, interacting in the real world, playing whatever games/sports they're interested in, is an acceptable way to bring up your children. Games are all well and good, but they are no replacement for your life.

Pages