The Demon of IRL, Part II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Demon of IRL, Part II
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
I apologize in advance that this poll is Americanocentric. I don't really know European or Australian geography well enough to plot them out on this. I've tried to put down loctaions where there seem to be multiple members, at least.

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 34 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=mmCAJLaTyzYh"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=mmCAJLaTyzYh"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
I put down Germany because it's closest, but also Australia because I don't speak German.

Though in both cases, it's be quite a long airplane trip, given that Israeli planes aren't allowed to fly over Arab territory.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
You should have added none of these places since there really wasn't a good choice for me. I just picked Chicago as the least objectionable.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
I put down Chicago, which is fairly close to Michigan. Just a ferry ride across.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
I picked Germany, but it's still a plane ride, and thus fairly difficult for me.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Apprentice
Member # 8073
Profile #5
I couldn't resist putting the eating a dead baby or ten response.

--------
Supreme Warrior Lord Jester of the Noobs
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #6
I picked Philly and New York. Anywhere else is too far away unless someone else is paying. :P

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
StL FTW!

Erm... Chicago works, more or less. (Amtrak FTW!)

Honestly, though... it probably wouldn't be worth it.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
I don't want to meet other Spiderwebbers. However, if it were a genuine Spiderweb convention and Jeff were there, I'd check it out. I live near Philadelphia, the farthest I would go is New York.

--------------------
You lose.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
I voted for SF Bay Area, because that's where I live. I wouldn't go anywhere else just for a Spidweb convention, but if I have another reason to go to an area, I might stop by, depending on who is there.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #10
I think it would be fun to meet other Spiderwebbers, but travel is almost certainly out of the question for me. Lack of money is a problem.

That's why all the Spiderweb KOL'ers should come to the con this September in Arizona. [/shamelessplug] :P

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Provide gatherings of people on foot and I'll be there. Not visibly, maybe, but my presence will be duly noted.

—Alorael, who is dubious about ever being able to get to any kind of meeting regardless of how much he wanted to see everyone.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
I would not be able to reasonably attend any gatherings at those places, but I don't know how much I'd want to.

And given Dikiyoba's most frequent mode of transportation, Dikiyoba probably shouldn't attend any gatherings that Alorael might come to.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #13
I live just outside of Philadelphia for part of the year, and NYC isn't too far a trip.
Chicago is just a little too far for a day trip from southern Ohio.

Of course, it really does depend on who I'd be meeting up with.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin will now begin his interpretive reading of a collection of Poems from across the world.
He will feel most fulfilled if you all fall asleep.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
One nice thing about Australian geography is that everyone pretty much lives in one corner of the continent, so Aussies would not have too much trouble meeting each other if they felt like it.

One of these days, I'm going to run into Zeviz IRL and not know who he is, because I don't know his real name. My real name is all over these boards, though, so I'm assuming that he'll know me, and I'm hoping that he'll at least say, "Hey, by the way, I'm Zeviz."

All of you know where I live (or can pretty easily figure it out), so my answers are probably pretty obvious. One of these days, though, because of work, I'm going to end up in New York, and I'll finally get to meet one particular lovely Dominican in person.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
It'd have to be very convenient.

Also, I was going to plug our frappr map, but I was unaware that Frappr has in the meantime begun to suck like crazy, so apologies.

Having done this before, I know it's no big deal for me to go somewhere here in Germany, but it would still have to be for at least two days to be worth the 8 hour train ride (or the cash for a plane ticket).

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #16
I'd meet people as long as it wasn't say Ed. I would go out of my way to meet them, but it would have to be fairly convenient.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #17
I think it'd be pretty cool to meet some of the other people here. Some I'd rather not meet, but for most I think it'd be pretty cool. As mentioned, my fear is that I'd end up driving them crazy after a little while. :P

The only place that would really work would be the California bay area, and even then it'd be decidedly inconvenient. Fresno's not very close to either SF or Berkeley.

If I was ever in the general area of any of said places, I'd see if I could find anyone. But I seldom go to the bay area, and I've never been anywhere else.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge