Spiderweb IRL

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Spiderweb IRL
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

...and eventually receiving a package of him
:eek:

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
Originally by Thralni:

quote:
...and eventually receiving a package of him...
Ewww...

Originally by Lenar:

quote:
Ooh! I'd wear a fluffy turtle t-shirt!
I'd also wear a shirt that says "You're Cute" with spiders on it.
I also tend to wear odd t-shirts.
A shirt with "Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Leave your sanity at the door." and a picture of a door would also have potential. But the real test of Spiderweb loyalty would be getting a fluffy turtle/GIFTS/Alex's cartoon tattoo. :P

Dikiyoba thinks a GIFTS shirt or tattoo would make separating the real Arancaytar from the imposters a piece of cake. Actually meeting him would become much more difficult, though.

Edit: Typos.

[ Monday, February 19, 2007 10:14: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #27
I'm all for a GIFTS shirt. That would be awesome.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #28
quote:
A shirt with "Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Leave your sanity at the door." and a picture of a door would also have potential. But the real test of Spiderweb loyalty would be getting a fluffy turtle/GIFTS/Alex's cartoon tattoo.
The leave sanity doesn't reply to everyone.
I could walk by a starving fluffy turtle and nothing would happen.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #29
quote:
Originally by Aran (piperbot, whatever):
SPIDERWEB! GHAUHGUHAUHGUHAUHGBLGH!

[ Monday, February 19, 2007 11:43: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #30
I highly doubt I have met any of you in real life. Like ET none of the people I know like these games.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Lenar_Labs:

Ooh! I'd wear a fluffy turtle t-shirt!
I'd also wear a shirt that says "You're Cute" with spiders on it.

So would I. :D

quote:
I've never met anyone in real life, though I had been tempted to track down Tyran a few times.
I'm afraid. Very afraid. :P

I have only met one other member in real life, but there are several of you that i wouldn't mind meeting.

[ Monday, February 19, 2007 14:26: Message edited by: Tyran ]

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #32
The "You're cute" spider shirt also finds approval with me. There are several SW members that I'd like to meet. I even think I'd get along with them.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #33
T-shirts... pfff. I want shaper robes. And I know Diki wants a Vahnatai cloak. I wonder if there's a market out there for strange things like that beyond two people.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #34
I don't actually want to own a vahnatai cloak, though I wouldn't mind seeing one.

Dikiyoba would probably wear a Spiderweb t-shirt. In fact, Dikiyoba would pay good money for the right one or even accept it graciously as a Christmas present.

[ Monday, February 19, 2007 20:16: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #35
I have noticed that some infrequent posters have locations very close to mine. Never been tempted to track them down. It's not safe to meet people you only know over the internet, you know.

--------------------
A cop stopped me for speeding. He said, "Why were you going so fast?"
I said, "See this thing my foot is on? It's called an accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the engine. The whole car just takes right off. And see this thing? This steers it."
- Steven Wright
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #36
I've often wondered if I'd get along with anyone I meet, but I can't do it for more than about two minutes at a time before I have to retreat into the recesses of my own mind. That said, I'm not violent or anything, so any incidents would be all your fault. =^.^=

Although I'm not much for small talk either and I'm not sure what you're supposed to do at a convention...

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #37
The question for Tyranicus is of course how many members he's talked to on the phone.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #38
quote:
Originally written by Slartyphobia:

The question for Tyranicus is of course how many members he's talked to on the phone.
What, it's not enough for him to be the online chat pimp? :D

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 21:37: Message edited by: dareva ]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #39
I suppose I could meet SW Member #1 if I wanted to go pick up my next game in person.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #40
I met one. He is a schoolboy who I recommended Avernum to. However if you ment forum members, remove 1 vote from the -met one- and add one to the -met none- in the poll.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #41
I haven't met anyone here IRL. I think it would be cool to meet some people, but I also think it would wreck their image of me. That, plus nobody lives near enough to me. It's sad that I'm the only one in this hellish cesspit of a city that plays these games.

That in mind, a convention would be cool, but I guarantee that wherever it would be, it would be too far for me to ride on my bike. Plus, what exactly would happen there?

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

That in mind, a convention would be cool, but I guarantee that wherever it would be, it would be too far for me to ride on my bike. Plus, what exactly would happen there?
This is why I say put it in the middle of the U.S... equalize the driving/flying times for everyone in the states. Or, if we really want it to be fair, put it somewhere in the middle of the planet, to account for the Aussies and Europeans among us.

As for what would happen there... erm, that is a tough one. See who can beat A4 with a one-armed singleton the fastest?* :P

(* - Probably Imban or Thuryl)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

As for what would happen there... erm, that is a tough one. See who can beat A4 with a one-armed singleton the fastest?* :P

(* - Probably Imban or Thuryl)

I'm not undertaking intercontinental travel for anything less than an orgy, and SW has nowhere near enough hot chicks to justify that. Not even if Mariann attends.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #44
*facepalm*

While there are some people who might drive 3 or 4 hours to get to such a meetup, I doubt anyone would drive 10 hours each way, let alone fly across a continent or between them. If this were going to happen, it would need to be regional. New York would probably be the most obvious place to try. The Bay Area has at least 4 or 5 spidwebbers as well. Actually, let's see...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

Five, and that's not nearly as bad as Marlenny. :P

Also, I would be able to make it to New York, but not St. Louis.

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 06:11: Message edited by: Tyran ]

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #46
I've only spoken to Lenny on the 'phone.

As for a convention, I really think there'd have to be a GOOD reason for it. Otherwise, well, what would be the point?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Nikki xx:

As for a convention, I really think there'd have to be a GOOD reason for it. Otherwise, well, what would be the point?
What if we have some EVOL reasons for it?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #48
As far as I know, the only other prominent (a term I here use loosely) forum member in Colorado is Infernal Flamming Muffin. Nothing against him, but I'm not willing to drive 3 hours down to the Denver area for less than half a dozen Spiderweb members. So, unless there's a Rocky Mountain meetup anytime soon...

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

quote:
Originally written by Nikki xx:

What if we have some EVOL reasons for it?

EVOL reasons are also acceptable, so long as they are carried out with wit and/or charm.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...

Pages