Let The Evil Creativity Flow!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Let The Evil Creativity Flow!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #0
OK, just to satisfy both my incredible sense of curiosity and my evil genius side, who else daydreams about building weapons of mass destruction? And what would you do with such a weapon? And how would you build it (if it is possible)?

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
Okay, are we talking about a real WMD, or a Dintradan Deth Ray sort of WMD?

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #2
Either or.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
I did when I was younger, but not now.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Dintiradan, and not really. I've never wanted to inflict mass destruction. Localized and very specific destruction, maybe, but not mass destruction.

—Alorael, who already has his precision weapon, thank you very much. All the problems he has left are the ones that don't respond well to sniping.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
I am a weapon of mass destruction. I tend to think of things in historical context, so things like this really aren't my thing.

--------------------
You lose.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #6
Our latest plan down here at the labs involved monkeys tranformed into elecromagnets shot down into the earth's core to destablize the planet's magnetic field and effectively blow the world apart.

This was after we decided that sending highly trained monkeys to destroy several planets and a nearby star in order to throw Earth out of the Sun's orbit would take too long.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin knows now why the world is always in conflict.
Because no one can agree about beer.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #7
Big Drill + Long Time = Big Volcano.

It'd be nice to drill within a foot or seven and flip it on and off over and over, just to watch them jump.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
IMAGE(http://i14.tinypic.com/47n7dau.png)

What do you think Dikiyoba is planning?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #9
With WMDs, it's too easy to just push the button. I prefer to fight hand to hand. Or use magical weapons that fight without me having to hold them. :P

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
If your trowels are unsellable you have no choice but to stockpile?

—Alorael, who will be avoiding all gardens now.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

IMAGE(http://i14.tinypic.com/47n7dau.png)

What do you think Dikiyoba is planning?

You are planning to use a magic spell that breaks down walls by shattering them with a volley of... trowels?

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Fyora hands are too small to effectively wield trowels. I'm waiting for the servile work crew to appear as forced labor.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #13
Are you perhaps making a Geneforge that makes unsellable trowels sellable?

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #14
I'm fairly certain that unsellable trowels break the Geneva Conventions. In any case, I'd never use them. Even I have limits.

Teh Deth Ray would be my favourite WMD. I'm thinking about expanding my horizons, though. How about taking over all broadcasting stations and playing nothing but Celine Dion? Indeed, it would be the ultimate weapon of evil: a bilingual singer that goes on and on and on and on and on...

--------------------
We had to get rid of the machine, sir. Too many complaints about unintentional colon tumors.
- Thor's Secretary (OotS #40)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

How about taking over all broadcasting stations and playing nothing but Celine Dion? Indeed, it would be the ultimate weapon of evil: a bilingual singer that goes on and on and on and on and on...
Or at least her heart does.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Lenar Labs:

Our latest plan down here at the labs involved monkeys tranformed into elecromagnets shot down into the earth's core to destablize the planet's magnetic field and effectively blow the world apart.

This was after we decided that sending highly trained monkeys to destroy several planets and a nearby star in order to throw Earth out of the Sun's orbit would take too long.

I love it!

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
I'm pretty sure the Earth isn't held together magnetically. Nevertheless, all attempts at geocide should be nurtured.

—Alorael, who hopes the new and more intelligent style of Evil Overlordship has tips for dealing with the complete destruction of the world upon which you are standing.
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #18
I think Alorael has it right. The ideal weapon would be the magic TV screen from the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of Star Trek -- twist a knob or two, find the individual you want, and hit the big button to vanish him. Counterterrorism would be way different if we could do that...WMD, there are already plenty of those around, and there's nothing positive I could add to the world with another one. So my answer to the first question is "no," and my answer to the second is, "hand it over to the Air Force - it wouldn't be so easily stolen from them."

[ Thursday, January 18, 2007 14:39: Message edited by: Alberich ]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #19
I'd rather not trust any weapons of mass anything to the US government. It is not as if I do not have confidence in their ability to keep it safe; it is just that they would be exceedingly trigger happy with a new assassination technique. Then again, I would not entrust such power into my own hands either. I guess this just begs the question of who is truly qualified to have control over such a powerful weapon.

On a side note, give me some psychics and I guarantee you a doomsday.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

I'd rather not trust any weapons of mass anything to the US government. It is not as if I do not have confidence in their ability to keep it safe; it is just that they would be exceedingly trigger happy with a new assassination technique. Then again, I would not entrust such power into my own hands either. I guess this just begs the question of who is truly qualified to have control over such a powerful weapon.

Unfortunately, US government already has enough weapons of mass destruction to completely depopulate Earth. As does Russian government. And French, British, Chinese, Israeli, Indian, and Pakistani governments have some nukes as well. And that doesn't even count all the chemical and biological weapons that have been developed throughout the world over the last century.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #21
In summary, the Earth is already like a ticking WMD, just waiting to go off. Sadly, Bush is looking more and more like a remote detonator for said WMD. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
The Doomsday Clock was just moved up a couple of minutes two days ago. We're now only five metaphorical minutes away from annihilation, although now it's a race between hot war and global wawrming to get us there.

—Alorael, who finds it very strange that the majority of human beings alive today (probably the majority, anyway) have lived their lives under the threat of nearly instantaneous annihilation.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #23
Sometimes I think how nice it would be to have glowing eyes and a cape, like Anakin Skywalker in Starwars III, yeah. Other than that, not really.

I really liked Anakin in that movie, by the way. Finally the soft idiot is getting evil. He is so much more of a character when he is evil. That may also be caused by the feeling that he has unlimited power. But no. I'm not in love with him :P

However, this got me thinking. I actually admire the villains for the loyalty, which is understandable: if you are not loyal, you can expect the bullit. That concept can be very handy, though not in the good ones' system. That would mean that almost everybody would be shot.

[ Friday, January 19, 2007 01:51: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #24
I've always thought that the Clock's range is too small. The furthest it's ever been from midnight is seventeen minutes. I'd rather have the base setting at 1800 for a better judge of each situation's severity.

By Thralni:
quote:
However, this got me thinking. I actually admire the villains for the loyalty, which is understandable: if you are not loyal, you can expect the bullit. That concept can be very handy, though not in the good ones' system. That would mean that almost everybody would be shot.
You're not still talking about Annie, are you? The guy just finishes swearing absolute loyalty to his new master and he's already inviting his wife to join in overthrowing him.

--------------------
ATTACK, MY OUTDATED LEGIONS!!
- Nale (OotS #57)

Pages