Spiders of all ages...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Spiders of all ages...
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

So if I call someone a complete moron it's kosher as long as I give references? Can I also say "I'm right and your wrong" as long as I give references?
No offense, since I'd rather stay out of the argument, but that rationality is pretty dumb. However, I'm sure you know why.

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:43: Message edited by: Lenny ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

About age range, I guess Nioca is implying that anybody over 22 is too old to be playing these games. :)
No. I just should have given the poll some more thought before I posted it. That, and I didn't want to accidently insult someone.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

About age range, I guess Nioca is implying that anybody over 22 is too old to be playing these games. :)
No. I just should have given the poll some more thought before I posted it. That, and I didn't want to accidently insult someone.

While it is encouraging to my ego to think that you group me with people so young, I must challenge you to a duel. You know, for grouping me with people so young. Sorry about that, but I must defend my honor.

:P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #28
Calling someone wrong is fine as long as you justify it. Actually, calling someone wrong is always fine, but you tend to be on the receiving end of sneers if you can't back it up. (Around here one always receive sneers, though.)

Calling someone a moron is pretty much never fine unless you've been here so long that everyone either leaves in a hurry or becomes inured to your abuse.

—Alorael, who recommends calling people stupid in such creative ways that only intelligent people can figure it out.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Remember the DoCA too.:

—Alorael, who recommends calling people stupid in such creative ways that only intelligent people can figure it out.
(snicker)

Eh, calling people stupid in such a way has limited effectiveness... I seem to recall a certain member who tried to "veil" insults with vegetables. I mean, it was creative, but it definitely wasn't geared towards intelligent people understanding it.

Best to just avoid calling people stupid, and just focus on calling their arguments stupid. There is a rather big difference.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #30
-X- himself is twelve. -X- is also anticipating the outnumbering of Emperor What's-His-Name.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Calling someone wrong is fine as long as you justify it. Actually, calling someone wrong is always fine
No, *i has made it clear (to me at least) that if I don't back up my arguments, then saying someone is wrong is a violation... somehow.
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Alorael, who recommends calling people stupid in such creative ways that only intelligent people can figure it out.
Again, *i brought up insults I made against people that I didn't even realize that I made because they were implied. I didn't even mean to imply some of them, and some of them were a real stretch, but *i said my 'tone' was enough.

I think we ended up concluding that you can say anything you want as long as you put one of those stupid tongue smilies in its general vicinity.

--------------------
You lose.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #32
I've already explained everything to you that I need to. Now, if you do not stop doing thinly veiled insults, there will be consequences (i.e. calling people here hypocrites or calling mods insane). Consider this your warning.

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 14:43: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #33
Hmm. Honestly I expected to see more people a lot older than me. *is 18*

quote:

I think we ended up concluding that you can say anything you want as long as you put one of those stupid tongue smilies in its general vicinity.
*restrains self from swearing openly and putting :P just to prove this conclusion wrong*

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #34
When has insanity been an insult on Spiderweb?

—Alorael, who isn't quite sure what outnumbering Tullegolar means, but it sounds unfortunate. Also, Tullegolar is a cumbersome name and shall henceforth be shortened. Possibilities include Tully, Lego, and Olar. Or, as appropriate, Ego.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by *i:

(i.e. calling people here hypocrites or calling mods insane)
Unbelievable. You asked me to call people hypocrites! As for the insanity, out off all the times I've insulted people you could have used against me, you picked the one time I truly didn't mean to be insulting. I thought insanity was some kind of running gag around here? I suppose that this is an example of a time where that simple colon followed by the letter p would have changed everything.

For the record, I said the above with a shocked tone, not an insulting one... or an arrogant one... or whatever it was that pissed you off last time.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Remember the DoCA too.:

—Alorael, who thinks the three most populous categories (so-called teen, young adult, and adult) really could have used a few more categories, particularly that absurdly large last one.

Youngsters have little concept of adulthod or how to distinguish it.

-S- is for Senior Sitizen

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #37
quote:
...out off all the times I've insulted people you could have used against me...
Good, you admit it. That's what I was going for. Looks like I win this one, eh? ;)

I'll get you next time Gadget, next time!!

IMAGE(http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/5e/Inspector_Gadget14.jpg)

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #38
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Eh, calling people stupid in such a way has limited effectiveness... I seem to recall a certain member who tried to "veil" insults with vegetables. I mean, it was creative, but it definitely wasn't geared towards intelligent people understanding it.
He obviously didn't understand that when vegetables are to be used against someone, they are meant to be thrown at that person.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #39
quote:

Looks like I win this one, eh?
You don't win anything until you:
quote:

Please name said {insults} and give references to board postings.
If you choose to use the fact that I said I've insulted people (which I have, but I must have veiled them better than you thought) as your only evidence then you'll be basing your judgement on hearsay, in which case I feel inclined to mention that *picks random name* Wadge has insulted me numberous times and I think he should get a warning as well.

--------------------
You lose.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #40
This thinly veiled lovefest between Ego and Stareye must stop before I retch. Please?

;)

--------------------
quote:

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #41
Yes, it should stop. Emperor, do yourself a favour and drop it. This is not about winning. Stareye is a scientist. He wants proof, and if you insist on details he may want a statistic. ;)

Just get him off your back and have fun on the boards as you had before.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #42
quote:
Wadge has insulted me numberous times and I think he should get a warning as well.
Everyone who insulted ET is so warned. Don't insult him anymore. If you do, I'll sic Darth Cheney on you. :D

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #43
EDIT: Whoops. Way off topic.

Anyway, I'm 16. I don't know what started this whole Stareye vs. Tully thing, but Tully I earnestly suggest that you stop taking such a confrontational stance. I'm not saying that these boards are at all democratic and just, but... :D

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 18:12: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by -X-:

-X- himself is twelve. -X- is also anticipating the outnumbering of Emperor What's-His-Name.
-X-'s spelling and grammar are too good for -X- to be 12. Pick a number between 16 and 89. It'd be more believable.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #45
It's worth noting that the Internet, which lacks many of the basic forms of non-verbal communication that render casual conversation comprehensible, has a tendency to make things sound snarky that weren't intended as snarky.

If there's any possibility of a comment sounding snarky that I didn't mean to sound snarky, I add a :P just to clarify that I don't mean to be snarky. It has served me well since I began it.

If there's a comment that I actually want to sound snarky, then I usually leave the computer and don't post it until I come back. If I still feel like being snarky, then my snarkiness is probably justified and I just post it.

And yeah, this poll's age ranges could use some tweaking (like, having many more of them).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #46
quote:

So if I call someone a complete moron it's kosher as long as I give references? Can I also say "I'm right and your wrong" as long as I give references?
No.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #47
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

quote:

No.

Um. We're gonna need some references for your opinion of "No."

--------------------
quote:

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #48
*sigh*... of course I find the old age topic just a little too late...

Basically, Aran did a freakishly detailed study of Spiderweb ages already. Perhaps he could do such a thing again, if he finds the time.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by ef:

Just get him off your back and have fun on the boards as you had before.
Who says I'm not having fun? I'm having a ball!

--------------------
You lose.

Pages