Soon there will be no need to do this

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Soon there will be no need to do this
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #25
Of course Septembers numbers are the lowest... the month is only half over. Or is it normal to calculate the months posts halfway through?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Aran always collects and posts this information on the 17th.

—Alorael, who must also duly note that Aran always stretches the boundaries of 17.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #27
I've been telling you people for months now that I should be worshiped as a god. If you all had taken my advice, we wouldn't be having this problem. Between the inter-cult warfare (we're up to, like, four now?) and the actual worship, post rates would be skyrocketing.

Oh, and #19! Whoo!

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Papal Legate Pablo:

Between the inter-cult warfare (we're up to, like, four now?)
As far as I know, there are only 2.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #29
RWG, my soon-to-be-existing personality cult, Cult of the Cow or whatever it is, and the Cult of Clthulhu. The Cult of Cthulhu might be stretching it, which would bring us down to three, and then of course my cult is still in its early stages, so I suppose you could argue that there are two. But not to me.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #30
I didn't give all of the spam accounts BANNED titles out of sheer numbers either.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #31
I'd post, but it's been a while since I was able to find a topic that interested me.

I'm also only now starting to finally get out of my anti-message board phase. Social Anxiety Disorder is a real pain.

It doesn't help that I hate having to read through barrels of posts in active topics just to see what is going on after not being around for the start of the topics.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #32
quote:

RWG, my soon-to-be-existing personality cult, Cult of the Cow or whatever it is, and the Cult of Clthulhu. The Cult of Cthulhu might be stretching it, which would bring us down to three, and then of course my cult is still in its early stages, so I suppose you could argue that there are two. But not to me.
Whoops, I forgot the Church of the Nine-Headed Cave Cow, and I don't really consider Cthulhuism to be a Spidweb church, but you're forgeting the Cult of Dikiyoba.

[ Monday, September 18, 2006 15:28: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #33
You must make libations of hot cinnamon butter in all your rituals to appease his toastliness grand poobah of tuesdays.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #34
There is only one true cult, as is evident from the fact that it has its own forum. All others are false!

As for a decline in posts, there haven't really been any great debates over burning social/political/religious issues in a while, which were always what fuelled my posting fire, such as it is. This may be because we all pretty much know where everyone stands, or just can't bring ourselves to care.

[ Monday, September 18, 2006 17:39: Message edited by: Drew ]
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #35
The Cult of Dikiyoba [b]did[/b] have its own forum until recently. :P

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #36
I really dropped badly, last time I looked I was at 19 or there abouts. Now I'm 82 with only one post. How embarrising.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #37
Hey, I upped my post count from last month and dropped from 1st to 3rd. Maybe if you hide the links to game information we could have more topics from players asking for help.

The problem is general doesn't have any good debate topics at the moment. The is one in Geneforge Trilogy and some about future Avernums, but they are mostly among the hard core fans.

I think things are going to be slow between back to school and waiting for new games. There will be a little pickup now that the holidays are coming up and we can start holiday greeting threads.

If the mods didn't frown upon trolling .... They make up almost all of the top 10.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #38
The declining joining rate is nothing to worry about; it has been foretold. Soon, the eternal month shall be over, and October 1, 1993 shall finally arrive...

--------------------
(Notices that the Church of Banjo hasn't been mentioned, and pouts in a corner.)
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #39
If we had more people posting and making topics, I should of had more posts myself.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #40
Maybe if we had some spammers come in and post a few semi-legitimate topics that spark a flurry of annoyance and then an ensuing discussion would pick up the rate a little.

But at any rate, I have improved all the way to 24th. Whoppee!

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #41
quote:

You left out the Vahnatai Creationists.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is on vacation in Detriot.
The party starts in an hour!

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Lenar, Inc.:

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is on vacation in Detriot.
The party starts in an hour!

I like parties! Parties are fun.

I also like cereal.
(I gotta stop watching the kids' cartoons.)

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

The declining joining rate is nothing to worry about; it has been foretold. Soon, the eternal month shall be over, and October 1, 1993 shall finally arrive...

Didn't the UBB spend some time making threads from 1993? Could this be a sign?

—Alorael, who believes that the Day of the Nth Forum, where N is a large transcendental number, may be coming soon! And everyone knows what happens next. Your only hope is to be GC2ed first!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #44
This is quickly becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. We claim to not want to appear on the "Top 10," which influences less posting. People like me end up posting at lower rates and yet still appear on the blasted list, making me want to just scrap this post before it ever hits the message boards.

Pick one, or the other. We can have a vibrant message board filled with interesting threads, where post counts aren't counted and people don't care. Or we could have a tired old space, which is occasionally visited to check out what old man Vogel has turned out lately, and how well his sycophantal followers are dealing with the latest in a history of disappointments.

Now I wish I didn't care, so that I could save you the time of reading this post by deleting it. But that is the old me. The new me wants you to have to read at least 300 of my posts every month. Wouldn't that be fun...

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus.:

The Cult of Dikiyoba [b]did have its own forum until recently. :P [/b]
If you ask me, that was an underhanded coup by undercover agents from RWG. They visited Jeff and extorted from him the promise to shut down GF2 (coincidentally squashing the Dikiyoban Cult), in return for which White would not release his alpha version of GC2 to the public prematurely.

But try as they might, they can take my forum, but not my faith! Dikiyoba forever! :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #46
We could create a New Room for all the Cults here...

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #47
Where is Dikiyoba, coincedently?

I've not seen her for a while...

[ Wednesday, September 20, 2006 05:08: Message edited by: Guy Fawkes xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #48
I dunno. We should pray for make She come back.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #49
I believe she went to count footsteps in the Lone Ranger National Forest, somewhere in the American Southwest. I would guess she lacks the fortitude to pack a satellite phone and some sort of portable blackberry type device in order to communicate with us. Or, it just may be that life is so consuming for her at the moment that she is unwilling to spend precious free time monitoring our peccadilloes as well.

Edit - I changed nothing. Although, it is strange how accurate my forecasting has become.

[ Thursday, September 21, 2006 21:22: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Pages