Soon there will be no need to do this

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Soon there will be no need to do this
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #75
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

She'll be back, I'm sure. Three weeks ago, she said she'd be definitely gone for the next two weeks. So it's hardly an unexpected or likely permanent absence.

More concerned about Premonition, FZ, BSC and also Rosycat. They've been gone for ages. Okay, Prem was here earlier this year.

Prem was on Polaris today, in fact.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #76
I'm a little jealous, actually. My one and only backpacking trip was cut short when we woke to a foot and a half of snow on the first morning. That, and most of my fellow hikers were wimps who left excess supplies at the camp when they left early without helping breaking camp. Myself and a classmate and teacher ended up breaking camp ourselves, carrying out most of the abandoned supplies ourselves and burning the rest (some people weren't too happy when they found out we burnt their clothes).

And to top it all off, I couldn't fit everything in my backpack, and so tied most of the excess supplies onto the backpack, a situation that isn't great when you're jogging in sound-muffling snow. If anyone finds a tent on a trail in Kananaskis, it's mine.

--------------------
Yes, I'm bitter. How'd you notice?
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #77
Hum. This thread still about people not posting, or is it about backpacking trips now?

I for one usually only post when I've got something I want to say. That is... not that dang often. I still come to visit on occasion, though.

This place is kind of a niche, though, you know. A board intended for use by the fans and supporters of a single shareware game maker. It's only natural that activity is not huge, but sadly, lack of activity leads to lack of interest, leading to only less activity. It's kind of a vicious spiral.

Edit; Well, I suppose it's only right to conjecture remedies, huh? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to link to the main site in sigs at other, bigger boards I mess around in. Mention the place to folks looking for a good game. A few of them might filter through to the forum, or maybe even buy some of Jeff's stuff.

[ Friday, September 22, 2006 21:25: Message edited by: Captain Uglyhead ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #78
Originally by Captain Uglyhead:

quote:
Hum. This thread still about people not posting, or is it about backpacking trips now?

It can be about whatever you like, if you can transition into it.

And now that I've finally had a chance to get caught up properly...

Wow. 13th place. It's the first and only time I've been off the top ten list since I've joined. But 13 is my favorite number, so I don't really care.

And yes, Jumpin' Salmon, Dikiyoba is most impressed with your accurate forcasting displayed on page 2. :P

Edit: Typo.

[ Friday, September 22, 2006 22:31: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #79
I wish I could play the lottery with similar style. ;)

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus.:

quote:
Originally written by Drow:

She'll be back, I'm sure. Three weeks ago, she said she'd be definitely gone for the next two weeks. So it's hardly an unexpected or likely permanent absence.

More concerned about Premonition, FZ, BSC and also Rosycat. They've been gone for ages. Okay, Prem was here earlier this year.

Prem was on Polaris today, in fact.

And FZ posted to his blog yesterday, after half a year.

This is getting weird.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #81
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

It was my first backpacking experience, and I really liked it.
Backpacking pwns. :D

quote:

Plus, no one in my group had to be evacuated or leave at resupply. A lot of the other groups lost at least one member.
That's never good... I've had bad experiences with that. Imagine having your guide evac-ed because he fell down a mountain, the same day you had someone evac-ed for blisters the diameter of a tennis ball.

Actually, what's worse is having to hike with someone who's injured... had to do about twenty miles with someone really annoying, right after she rolled her ankle. And we'd been making such nice time that day, too...

quote:

(At this point, I think I should explain that I'm going to Prescott College and that all new and transfer students go out on this backpacking trip as their first class.)
We have a program like that at WashU... but it's a tiny program. That said, I took the trip my freshman year, and I helped lead it this past August. But still, to have that as mandatory...

(silently radiates jealousy)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #82
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
That's never good... I've had bad experiences with that. Imagine having your guide evac-ed because he fell down a mountain, the same day you had someone evac-ed for blisters the diameter of a tennis ball.

Actually, what's worse is having to hike with someone who's injured... had to do about twenty miles with someone really annoying, right after she rolled her ankle. And we'd been making such nice time that day, too...
How many days did it take to go that twenty miles? And how many days would it have taken if she hadn't been injured? (My experience was all creek travel, where 2-3 miles was a long day, so my concept of distance isn't the best.)

[Edit: I realized that I have more questions than that, so I sent you a PM]

quote:
(silently radiates jealousy)
Dikiyoba was expecting to read that eventually. :P

[ Saturday, September 23, 2006 13:21: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

Pages