Free MMOGs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Free MMOGs
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
Do any of you know of a good free MMOG? I've tried Runescapee,Knight Online,Gunz Online ,and Thang and none of them have kept my interest for long. 3d and maybe a story would be prefered.

-----

Keep in mind that it would need to run on a 1ghz pc, with 256mb ram ,and 32mb video card.

[ Tuesday, August 08, 2006 15:31: Message edited by: Mr. Crowley ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
Maplestory is a half decent MMOG. The graphics are somewhat odd, there is no storyline, but it's a good time waster.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
May I just say that "Mr. Crowley" is one of the better monikers to surface around here in quite a while...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Does it refer to the cultist or the heavy-metal song about the cultist?

In any case, something I just read on Wikipedia struck me as fishy about Crowley's story.

quote:
(Wikipedia)
The Book of the Law is the central sacred text of Thelema, written (or received) by Aleister Crowley in Cairo, Egypt in the year 1904. [...] Crowley noted, not without surprise, that Liber Legis was somewhat similiar to the alleged Necronomicon, which he said to have read a few years later.
---------------------
The Necronomicon was first mentioned in Lovecraft's 1924 short story "The Hound", written in 1922, though its purported author, the "mad Arab" Abdul Alhazred, had been quoted a year earlier in Lovecraft's "The Nameless City".

So either the name "Necronomicon" was invented before Lovecraft used it, or Crowley lied through his teeth (about the time frame, not about reading the book itself - that's fictional anyway), or "twenty years" are somehow "a few". Anyway.

And now back to the topic. I've been bombarded with ads about something called "Adventure Quest" which is supposedly like Runescape (but using Flash, not Java), and when I need to kill a few braincells I sometimes play Well of Souls.

[ Tuesday, August 08, 2006 22:06: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

So either the name "Necronomicon" was invented before Lovecraft used it, or Crowley lied through his teeth (about the time frame, not about reading the book itself - that's fictional anyway), or "twenty years" are somehow "a few".
Or Wikipedia has the facts wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #5
Try Dofus and get a Sadida character. It is a nice long joke. You might like it. The Dofus MMORPG is done completely in Flash. Or even better join Kingdom of Loathing, it will give you plenty of options. Attack that goblin with a spork. If you want something simple and a lot of fun with a few turns each day you can also try Majesty Heroes of Ardania. These are a few of these things. Other than that MMORPGs suck big time.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Or Wikipedia has the facts wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
But... but... :(

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
And now back to the topic. I've been bombarded with ads about something called "Adventure Quest" which is supposedly like Runescape (but using Flash, not Java), and when I need to kill a few braincells I sometimes play Well of Souls.
The sad thing is, the ads for Adventure Quest don't stop even once you join it. It wasn't automatically terrible, though, I just didn't like it.

Dikiyoba really liked Kingdom of Loathing. The graphics are minimal, but it has a plot and lots of humor.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #8
Adventure Quest was not all its cracked up to be. Many of my friends play it, and say it's extremely addicting.

However, I found it to be very boring, and very annoying.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #9
Adventure Quest used to be fun, but now the devlopers are getting a bit greedy. I mean, if you want to spend a few hours clicking the attack button, go right ahead. It is fun when you have nothing better to do. Actually, if you are not a guardian, then you might spen a few hours trying to log on. But I gave in and paid.

However, if you want to spend hours laughing your butt off with no required membership fee, then play Kingdom of Loathing. It's just plain great. I can't wait for the convention next month. It's gonna be amazing.

Out of curiosity, for anyone who plays KOL, what is your character name? I can send you something nice.

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 14:51: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #10
I tried out KOL, but I couldn't exactly understand what was going on. :P

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 1227
Profile #11
Well I highly recommend Minions of Mirth, it's free up to level 20, and a one time $30 fee to play. I really like it so far. The graphics are similar to the original Everquest, as are some elements of play. It runs on OS X or Windows which is a nice feature.

www.prairiegames.com

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 20:08: Message edited by: Peregrine ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #12
I play KoL. My user name is Elemental if anyone plays that wishes to contact me. Also, if anyone has a kickass clan that they head I'll been keen to join up. The game is pretty fun, but I only just rejoined a few weeks ago. When I quit I bet 8 mill on MMG and lost. So now I am barely scraping my way back up. I am making money reasonably though. Good times.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #13
I just started KoL recently. My user name is WKS. Please don't send me a urinal cake.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #14
Welcome back from incarceration, WKS!

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #15
I'm Riibu everywhere, including KoL. There's no need to send anything to me, but if anyone knows a good clan I could join, I'd be, maybe, a little happier. Mine's been dead for ages. It's awful, really.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #16
Hahhaha, Uh, about a week ago I borrowed a mill from my mate and then I proceeded to gamble it at MMG repeatedly. And now I have 15 mill... This game is so much more fun now.
Apprentice
Member # 7392
Profile #17
I played World of Warcraft (will stop soon), and after getting a character level 60, it gets boring, all you got to do is farm for money, sell this, sell that, buy this, don't buy that, etc...

Right now I've found a pretty interesting game, it's named Ferentus. If you want it, however, go search on google, I'm too lazy right now to post the link.

--------------------
If there was only one last shaper alive on Sucia Island...

~Formerly known as Genexile~
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #18
Nation States-- run your own nation, design weapons, rp wars, and be a crazy pain in the butt.
http://www.nationstates.net

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
Oh, NationStates. It must be three years for me soon... Look for a nation named Ermarian. :)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7407
Profile #20
try http://www.ferion.com/ for a lot of entertainment! :cool:

EDIT: Link modified. This appears to be a referral game?

[ Saturday, September 23, 2006 19:51: Message edited by: Imban ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #21
My vote still goes to The Kingdom of Loathing. I went to the Convention last weekend and had the best tim ever.
I'd tell you all what happend, but what happens at Con stays in Vegas.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #22
Yea KoL is pretty fun. Was the Convention good?
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #23
The Con was amazing. It would take too long to say everythin that happend, but wow. Let's just say I was out partying for 15 hours straight. That doesn't include the 4 hours at Gameworks the night before.

If you really want to know what it was like, read about it on their forums.

I won a Tiny Plastic Saber-Toothed Lime out of the piñata.

[ Sunday, September 24, 2006 16:33: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #24
There was a KoL convention?!?!?!

Wow.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00

Pages