Free MMOGs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Free MMOGs
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #25
Yea. I went to the big official one in Arizona. Can't wait till next year. :D
There are smaller unofficial one all over the country and one in England.

Maybe we can organize a Spiderweb gathering? :P

[ Sunday, September 24, 2006 20:23: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
While it would be both amusing and interesting to have a Spiderweb convention, there are a few problems with it. We could probably deal with getting finances and getting enough people to show up, but not with the casualties. For instance, Nicothodes would stab people that think she's cute, TM would kill people because they suck, Ephesos wouldn't pass up a chance to cast RETRIBUTION!!! on noobs, and having Alorael in the area would make it impossible to walk around the convention safely. There would be multiple cults that would probably start a massive holy war. All the people bent on taking over the world would be in the same spot, so the world would be under their control within an hour. And when discussions get out of hand, there would be no way to stop them and it would turn into a riot.

So Dikiyoba isn't too excited about the idea.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #27
All we need to make a group of nerds happy is an incredible amount of alcohol and Guitar Hero. And a pool. And some great music.

And what you described Diki, sounds like fun!

[ Sunday, September 24, 2006 22:11: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #28
Don't have stareye set up the con. He's been having some problems with time lately.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

All the people bent on taking over the world would be in the same spot, so the world would be under their control within an hour.
I actually think they'd rather fight each other and thus cancel out any potential they may have had.

--

Being the adventurous type, I'm all for it. I've attended a similar convention before (but the community was older as were its members, it was smaller, and they were a lot less insane). It was great fun.

But I'd caution everyone that if we *do* meet anywhere, we would need a filled program of activities/sightseeing tours/excursions because otherwise we'll end up sitting in different corners of the room feeling bored, stupid and embarassed. And that'd be a waste.

[ Sunday, September 24, 2006 23:21: Message edited by: Robert Daniel Oliver ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Arancytar:

[QUOTE]
Being the adventurous type, I'm all for it. I've attended a similar convention before (but the community was older as were its members, it was smaller, and they were a lot less insane). It was great fun.

But I'd caution everyone that if we *do* meet anywhere, we would need a filled program of activities/sightseeing tours/excursions because otherwise we'll end up sitting in different corners of the room feeling bored, stupid and embarassed. And that'd be a waste.

Spiderweb cruise!

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
Around the world in however long it takes!

—Alorael, who thinks this may require recourse to TM. To pick up everyone on the cruise someone needs to know where everyone lives, and while TM may not he does know where everyone's mother lives.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #32
I'm a little far for a possible convection... :(

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #33
I remember the "Around the World in However Long it Takes." That was fun reading.

A cruise does sound good, but I have no money.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

While it would be both amusing and interesting to have a Spiderweb convention, there are a few problems with it. We could probably deal with getting finances and getting enough people to show up, but not with the casualties. For instance, Nicothodes would stab people that think she's cute, TM would kill people because they suck, Ephesos wouldn't pass up a chance to cast RETRIBUTION!!! on noobs, and having Alorael in the area would make it impossible to walk around the convention safely. There would be multiple cults that would probably start a massive holy war. All the people bent on taking over the world would be in the same spot, so the world would be under their control within an hour. And when discussions get out of hand, there would be no way to stop them and it would turn into a riot.

So Dikiyoba isn't too excited about the idea.

THE PUNCHLINE IS THE INTERNET
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

I'm a little far for a possible convection... :(
Given that convection is the transfer of heat by currents within liquids or gases, you are probably too far for that, yes. :P And if you meant "conviction", the same applies, because the US does not have jurisdiction in Italy (apart from sneaky CIA agents, that is).

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

I remember the "Around the World in However Long it Takes." That was fun reading.

A cruise does sound good, but I have no money.

Maybe we can get Sarachim to pay for everything. :P

[ Monday, September 25, 2006 11:44: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #37
Yea, a convention would be super and everything but I'm $100 in debt. But if someone else shouts me I am so there. Can't guarntee I'd be sober though. Or clothed.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #38
No problem Kingy. At the Con, almost everyone was wasted and/or in various states of undress. I can't even begin to describe what the pool looked like.

--------------------
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #39
So, who wants to help turn this conversation from idle speculation into reality? I'm certainly up for helping to organize SpiderCon, but I'm not going to do it alone. :P

[ Monday, September 25, 2006 17:11: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #40
I don't have anything else to do, so why not?

First we need to rob a bank.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #41
Hmm... games. Well, it really does depend on your taste. If you're willing to expend a little cash, I personally quite like Guild Wars, which with the release of the Nightfall expansion, the original became extremely affordable. But there's everything from old school crap RPGs such as Well of Souls, to Worms-likes, like Gunbound (Though if you live in NA be warned that that version is bloody buggy), FPS like Counterstrike or America's Army (former of which is p2p, latter f2p), the many incarnations of Ragnarok or even something recently new like Flyff. My advice? Check out Xfire, look at some of the games featured/supported and pick anything to try out.

Eww, conventions, though. </3
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #42
Or we could do the next best thing: a SpidWebCon RP!

--------------------
Let the insanity commence...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #43
If you start it, I will join.

Dikiyoba is up for insanity, madness, and silliness. Especially if Dikiyoba can do it from the comfort of Dikiyoba's home.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #44
I honestly have to say that the only thing making one sound like they have no real life affairs to attend to, even more than attending an extremely obscure, net-based convention is roleplaying online about attending an extremely obscure, net-based convention.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #45
Thanks to Serendipity, I now have a better idea: RPing about RPing about SpidWebCon!

--------------------
Let the recursive insanity commence!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #46
Dear god. What an idea.

FACTION: Nicothodes
TERRITORY: Room 208 in the hotel
RESOURCES: Cookies
SKILLS: Stabbing, language creation
GOALS: Prove that she is not cute

...there are so many bad ideas at SpidWeb, so many, so many, but I think this one qualifies for the top ten list. :P

Edit: No, wait, THIS one gets the top ten list. What an idea.

FACTION: TM
FACTION IN CON RP: Kelandon
TERRITORY IN CON RP: Room 302
SKILLS IN CON RP: Classical languages, scripting
SKILLS: Insulting, provoking
GOALS IN CON RP: Promote the healthy exchange of ideas, meet the ladies
GOALS: Embarass Kelandon

Gevalt.

[ Friday, September 29, 2006 18:12: Message edited by: Slarty ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #47
This topic is veering dangerously close to getting locked. That is all.

—Alorael, who would like to roleplay himself playing Alec playing Nico playing Aran playing TM playing Jeff Vogel playing Saunder playing Slarty playing MM playing Alorael. Would there have to be OOOOOOC threads?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #48
Well, if any single, double, or infinitely recursive spidweb RPs surface, I call dibs on Arghhhhhhhh.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #49
The SW geek fan convention should of course be held here in Seattle so we can all stumble noisily over to Jeffy's house—after we're all liquored up—to personally share what we have to say to the Virtual Dictator (VD.)

-S- is for Seriously Sick Surprises.

P.S. - How is New Hampshire, Slarticles?

[ Friday, September 29, 2006 20:41: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator

Pages