Google and "More"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Google and "More"
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
Have you ever clicked the more button with Google and found your way into a crazy universe of videos. I have here. :D

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #1
I don't even want to begin on the weird, kinky, and downright disgusting stuff I've found using Google.

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
Try turning on the filter, then.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
Lol, what kinky stuff?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #4
Telling you would violate the CoC.

[ Wednesday, June 07, 2006 15:15: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
KINKY POLLEN!

—Alorael, who didn't even have to try hard for that one.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #6
I find that Google really isn't a very useful search engine. The only thing it's really good at pulling up are pictures of guns. Someone else may have had other success though.

--------------------
I'm drunk as think as you not am I.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #7
Personally I feel that google is a freaking great search engine. If you cant find what you want with a combination of that and wikipedia then it just doesn't exist.
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #8
I have typed in my name and it came up with a few interesting things. And Google has pretty much given me what I wanted when I put in a search.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Mister Fox:

I find that Google really isn't a very useful search engine. The only thing it's really good at pulling up are pictures of guns. Someone else may have had other success though.
If you say so...have a better suggestion?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #10
Yahoo.

It doesn't save your search URL in your drop-down history (IE6.0).

That's useful for... chemistry homework...

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #11
What are you talking about? The search terms are saved just like on any other drop-down box. The URL is saved for Yahoo! just like any other search engine.

I do not care what some might say; Google is an excellent search engine for almost any topic. I have always been able to find what I need using it and without any pain or trouble. The advertisements are unintrusive as well.

All I have to say for Video Google is that there is a reason why it is still beta.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Google works when you use the right search terms. I've tried google, yahoo, and several others with the same search request and gotten varied results. When you want something obscure or not a commonly used site then google is better. Also google is more likely to have a cache of a site that no longer is supported,
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
You never know what those random Google movies are going to show you.

--------------------
-ben4808
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #14
Ask.com works pretty well I think, though I usually just use google because of the search bar in Safari. If your search topic has more than one word it tends to bring up some pretty random stuff though, and if you use quotations it still doesn't seem to get it right...

--------------------
I'm drunk as think as you not am I.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #15
It's no worse than the ****ed Library search engines. Man I hate those.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #16
The good thing about Google is that it has a lot of features and does a lot of stuff. The bad thing about Google is that it has a lot of features and does a lot of stuff. :P

Dikiyoba likes the Interface Language feature. There's the practical ones. Then there's Hacker, Klingon, and Elmer Fudd.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #17
In Russia we have Yandex for everything possible. Also I think Yahoo has the most powerful engine along with the worst site design, including opening of a link in the same window.
As a funny feature the creators of this search engine made a dzen.yandex.ru, which doesn't have a field to enter a phrase you are seeking for. Just a button "Seek". :) Never know what you will find :)

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
quote:

In my experience internet searching is a skill. You have to know what keywords to pick, what to exclude, where to use quotes and so on. If you can't do it, then finding things with any search engine is a matter of luck.

If you can, then I've found there is nothing that Google can't find that other search engines do...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #19
Usually I use Google for images and Yahoo! for videos, I never noticed differences between results, though.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #20
For reasons of nostalgia, my favorite search engine remains WebCrawler. It sucks now and has for many years, even before becoming a meta-search engine, but it was once the most reliable thing out there.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #21
I have a Firefox extension installed called Aggregate Yahoo & Google. With this installed, I get Yahoo search results strewn among the Google results. It's quite useful.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #22
Search engines are for pussies. I just randomly enter URL's untill I find what I want. Very effective.

[ Thursday, June 08, 2006 09:57: Message edited by: Yours Sincerely, The Boogyman. ]

--------------------
I am an idiot.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #23
Use the Force, Luke.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7171
Profile #24
quote:

Your experience is not representative.

Pages