Viva Italia !!!!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Viva Italia !!!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #50
I never said that TnT were not more exciting to watch :P , but no matter what surprising performances they make, I consider England's chances to be better against them than Sweden. Whatever happens, England will definitely need to perform better next time.

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #51
Enjoyed the Mexico game. fun team to watch, lots of explosiveness on the ball. Iran impressed with their tenacity. Now on to the US and Italy games. Should be a good day.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #52
ZOMFG AUSTRALIA BEAT THE JAPANESE!

3-1. !!!

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #53
Watching the news last night was crazy. It was nearly impossible to find anything that wasn't "YEAHHHH WE BEAT THE JAPS WOO WOO WOO!". And that was after hearing about it all day.

Sure, it was an awesome win (bad referee decision gives the Japanese an early lead, then in the last 8 minutes Australia come from behind to kick 3 goals), but man, this country seems to have gone from being completely apathetic about soccer to being soccer mad almost overnight. I can't imagine what the news oversaturation is going to be like if by some miracle we beat Brazil.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #54
I hope the aussies enjoy the beautifull game more and more, they have a good team, not the most talented (except for the captain, that guy has some class) but with a lot of heart, I mean 3 goals in 6 min, WOW!

Good luck against Brazil!

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #55
Czech Republic are looking mightly impressive...

And what happened with Brazil yesterday, for anybody that saw it?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

... but man, this country seems to have gone from being completely apathetic about soccer to being soccer mad almost overnight. I can't imagine what the news oversaturation is going to be like if by some miracle we beat Brazil...

There are still quite a few of us that are still apathetic. The favoured football code seems to vary from state to state over here.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #57
Brazil looked boring and apathetic but still miles ahead of Croatia.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #58
Back in Oregon again I can now return to the tired world of the soccer pundit.

How did the Ukraine place in the field of teams? I caught a little bit of the game in an airport and they just looked awful.

The US team should re-book their flight home.

:P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #59
only one-nil but I'll take it. Defence was better but opposition was weaker.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Germany Wins...again:

only one-nil but I'll take it. Defence was better but opposition was weaker.
Local News story re: Germany-Poland game.

Police got called because of soccer related rioting in the streets before the match. The responding team of officers called back in to the dispatcher that it was a a group of about one hundred well known hooligans. The hooligans immediately began to fight the police.

That's just awesome.

--------------------
quote:

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #61
German and Polish hooligans met a couple weeks ago for a "practice fight."

Tunisia vs. Saudi Arabia and Germany vs. Poland were the two most exciting games of the World Cup so far.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #62
Shadowed by poor play and bad luck, Costa Rica ended their chances this morning by allowing Ecuador to space out three goals over regulation play. A late substitution by Costa Rica led to some good scoring chances in the 89th minute, but it was too late. By winning, they eliminate Poland as well.

(3-0) Note - 3rd consecutive World Cup shutout. Keeper has been identified as untried in World Cup play and the strong defensive support may turn into a liability when fast-attack teams like Brazil challenge for a goal.

Next game - England v (cue AC/DC) Trinidad and Tobago in 40 minutes. Next-next game Sweden v Paraguay.

--------------------
quote:

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Freakin' Salmon:

Next game - England v (cue AC/DC) Trinidad and Tobago in 40 minutes. Next-next game Sweden v Paraguay.
Predictions... The boy Rooney will be allowed to play the last half-an-hour. He will score, and everyone will be estatically happy. Hopefully, he won't break his foot again. Trinidad and Tobago will still be exhausted from their last game to be able to do anything really exciting, but I'm hopeful that they cause a stir.

Surprises so far - Spain actually playing well. Usually these guys are perenial under-achievers. And they sure showed me. 4-0 wasn't it?

Brazil and France aren't playing terrifically either. Hopefully we get a few smaller teams through into the later stages of the tournament.

And if I have to listen to another Scotland joke from the BBC, and, in particular, Gary Linkear, then I am going to squeal.

RE: Germany vs Poland - "the best matched played so far." I'd totally agree with that.

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #64
I will be watching to see if Crouch morphs into a spider and scuttles around the field of play.

Seriously though, that England is playing down to their opponent (by selecting the level of player that they are) gives an enormous boost to the opponents. That much cockiness is usually rewarded with upset. Given the levels of hooliganism in England, I'm surprised that they just don't play the straight dominating game of which they are capable.

Crouch...Sprouch...Crider...Cridch...Spouer...Cridch...Spider...Crouch...Spider :P

--------------------
quote:

Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #65
Wow. I thought it was going to be Northern Ireland all over again with England there for a minute. Crouch finally scored, after many awful attempts (don't try the overhead kick, please!) and the match was finished with a good old fashioned Gerrard goal. Thank God for that.

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #66
Ecuador looks good - England may be hoping they get the Germans instead ...

--------------------
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #67
I'm not really following the soccer at the moment, and I'm pretty much over Queensland beating New South Wales in the second Origin game a couple nights ago.

Who is Australia playing next and when is it? Someone told they were supposed to be playing Japan still last night...

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #68
Australia already played Japan (they won 3:1, one of my favourite games so far), next for the aussies is Brazil... no comments.

Also, I hope Ecuador cuts through the weak German defense and take top spot of GROUP A. Then we should have a mouth watering clash between GROUP A runner-ups Germany and GROUP B winners England. :eek:

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #69
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Tunisia vs. Saudi Arabia and Germany vs. Poland were the two most exciting games of the World Cup so far.
Those were good, yes, but I thought that the Australia vs. Japan match was better. I'm biased, though.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #70
Next up in the game are the C group matches (Argentina v Serbia-Montenegro and Netherlands v Ivory Coast) and the first D group match (Mexico v Angola).

Thursday left Paraguay and Costa Rica eliminated from round 2, but TnT is hanging on, hoping for a win versus Paraguay and for England to beat Sweden while permitting Sweden to score fewer goals than are scored by TnT in the Paraguay match.

Yes, I will be watching Australia v Brazil as the middle game on Sunday. Luckily the 6am game is unimportant, so I can sleep in a bit.

Re England: Mooney left me uninspired, Crouch is still a liability, and they all were extremely lucky. There is nothing wrong with luck. :)

--------------------
quote:

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #71
quote:
Originally written by Freakin' Salmon:

Re England: Mooney left me uninspired, Crouch is still a liability, and they all were extremely lucky. There is nothing wrong with luck. :)
"Mooney" is still unfit. He can't expect to perform miracles yet. He's just recovering from a broken foot - give the poor boy a chance. That said, his goal-scoring record was never *that* good. He's mostly hype IMO.

Crouch is a liability, but that's a good thing. He's very British (i.e. awful), but there's nothing wrong with that if he scores 6 out of 9 international games...

The boy Owen was awful though. In a bad way. I expect better.

As for Germany/Ecuador, I'm not sure who I'd rather see...

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #72
Wow.

Argentina is a goal scoring machine these days, although to be fair, their opponent forgot to tie shoelaces before the match. Luckily the blue and white are sportsmen and helped them out by tying them into one big knot.

I predict that Serbia-Montenegro will never qualify for the World Cup ever again. Ever.

--------------------
quote:

Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #73
Well, yeah, Serbia and Montenegro doesn't exist anymore. Now it's just Serbia and Montenegro. XD

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #74
WOW!!! Argentina played the best football this world cup has seen. This is now my favourite match, not because of the drama (Like the Japan vs Australia match) but because of the sheer beauty and eye candy displayed today.

The second goal was :eek: ...what was it, like 23 perfect passes before the goal?? Best goal of the WC by far.

Football at its best. If you still don't like football after a match like that then you are helpless.

--------------------

Pages