Show me the muscle

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Show me the muscle
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #0
Okay cyber-geeks, let's hear it. What kind of regular exercise do you do (if any)? Play any sports? Do you enjoy it? Any personal goals?

I'm managing to get in some shortish runs three times a week, and the plan is to train up to run some 10k races and learn how to swim properly meanwhile, and then eventually to train for a beginner's triathlon. Also like playing badminton, but I'm pretty rubbish.

--------------------
I think this is really wonderful.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
You rock.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #2
Karate, Tai-Kwon-Do, American football, football, basketball. I did gymnastics earlier, but that ended.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Karate, Tai-Kwon-Do, American football, football, basketball. I did gymnastics earlier, but that ended.
Rowr.

I bicycle, but not regularly. Sometimes I take strolls. That's more or less it.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
I play footy. I walk to school (about 3k).

That is all. I'm very fit, though.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #5
I don't. Too lazy.

I'll see if I can start doing something during the sommer break though. I have an unused jogging suit just sitting in my closet, and I bought an mp3 player for jogging purposes a while back.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
The only exercise I really get is yoga and walking the dogs, and lately I've taken to letting the dogs play in the yard instead of walking.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Thin Air:

...learn how to swim properly meanwhile
What means "properly"? Some special style?

As for me, I play semi-proffesional volleyball. So the goal is to deserve a match with a pro-team.
Anything other, considering sport is not actual now, though I have some achievements in yachting, judo, skiing. But that is not up to date.

--------------------------------
HHGtG: Avernum Sports: quickfire run is one of the most popular kind of sports among the adventurers. Due to many quickfire traps almost every adventurer is ready to beat a record of 100m run at any moment.

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #8
It means swimming front crawl efficiently, so as not to waste energy for the other parts of the triathlon. I could probably thrash my way down the pool in some form of crawl, but I'd be exhausted at the end of it.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #9
I bicycle pretty often, and I take Tae-Kwon-Do and Kali.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #10
I play badminton every Wednesday evening, with my special Japanese Anime jumps.

I also walk to college everyday (about 3 miles there and back).

As well as that, I make the 5 mile trip to my girlfriend's house at least once a week on foot. Othertimes, I'll catch the bus.

Oh, and I play Footbal Manager as well :P

This summer, I want to learn how to swim properly as well - anything more than 10m will be a personal best.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #11
American Football, Skateboarding, and walking around town breaking things.

--------------------
I am an idiot.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Last Flowers xx:

... anything more than 10m will be a personal best.
10m? Does it mean you want just to learn to swim? That's great!

By the way, why does noone talk about some sport dreams? I don't mean a sport dream after 5 mile run to your girlfriends house - that's quite personal ;)

What do you think of paint/strike-ball?

------------------------
HHGtG: Hitchhiking a boat in Avernum don't take a fishing rod. Better take a bigger towel.

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Ford Prefect:

]10m? Does it mean you want just to learn to swim? That's great!
That does indeed mean I want to just learn how to swim.

quote:
By the way, why does noone talk about some sport dreams? I don't mean a sport dream after 5 mile run to your girlfriends house - that's quite personal ;)

What do you think of paint/strike-ball?

I don't ever dream about sports - but then again, I rarely sleep, and remember my dreams even more rarely.

As for paint-balling, I'm going this Sunday for the first time. Being shot at isn't my idea of fun, but I decided that I have to try at least once, just to say I did it.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Last Flowers xx:

As for paint-balling, I'm going this Sunday for the first time. Being shot at isn't my idea of fun, but I decided that I have to try at least once, just to say I did it.
I wish you luck. Anyway, getting in path of crossover shooting keep your mouth closed - the paint itself really tastes awful. :)

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai

Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #15
About two years ago (during the rugby season) I was doing 3-5km runs every tuesday - thursday, Scrum training and drills, 50 - 80 press ups and 50-100 situps every night, 20-50 40-60kg bench presses every second night along with 100 - 200 4kg bicept curls, played a rugby game every saturday, did 200 pressups every third sunday and played badminton every tuesday. Now I have just began to exersize again and am barely managing 15 pressups, 40 situps, no running, 35 25kg bench presses and 50 4kg bicept curls and badminton every tuesday and friday.

I loved the days when I used to be bulked up.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #16
So, just two years later you'll be quite okay: 10 pressups, 20 situps, 20 25kg bench presses, 25 4kg bicept curls and badminton once in a month. 4 years later you'll make... oh, whatever. Don't overload yourself! :D
Just kidding.

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai

Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #17
Exercises? Using keyboard with mouse. :P

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #18
It's hard for me to spell out exactly what I do for exercise, but I am fit and exceptionally strong for my size and build. However, the road to fitness was difficult because when I hit puberty my bones and tendons were weak while they were growing.

I suggest playing comining a fast-paced running sport, like basketball or soccer, with a precision game like baseball or football to improve one's overall sport skill. I ran half of a marathon last year, but I have not had a chance to run again this year because my doctor tells me that I absolutely must get some orthopedic shoes for my flat arches lest I run a marathon and tear ligaments in my knee.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
I run and I have horrendously flat feet, and I find that ASICS 2100 work fine. The trick is just replacing them frequently enough that you never run without support. My shoes usually last about six months.

Currently, I run about five to six miles on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, with a ten to twelve mile run on Saturday or Sunday morning. Last year, I ran four 10ks, two ten milers, and my first half-marathon. This year, I have run two 10ks so far. I was training for a marathon this spring, but a heinous persistent back cramp and subsequent injury to my right Achilles took me out of that. I'm hoping to get back on track for the Marine Corp. marathon in October.

My dream is to one day qualify for the Boston marathon. I'm not sure that this will ever happen though - until you're 35, the qualifying split time is about 7:10 per mile, and I can barely manage a 7:45 during a 10k. We'll see though. After age 35, they allow more time. In the mean time, my wife and I will work at getting her qualified first. :)

I also rowed when I was in college, and would like to start doing so again, but unfortunately studying for law school and lack of a car prevent pursuing this desire. :(

[ Tuesday, May 23, 2006 06:27: Message edited by: Drew ]
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #20
I chase after anywhere from 2 to 8 kids at different times of the day, every day. Lots of lifting, stair climbing, running... plus some kegels and 'other' regular exercises to get the heart pumping.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
I do a twenty minute walk to and from school just about every day. I used to play sports in high school, but I haven't done anything formal since then.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I do a twenty minute walk to and from school just about every day. I used to play sports in high school, but I haven't done anything formal since then.
Sweetie but that's because you have to get to school, not as an effort to exercise. Well, if that counts, then I exercise three times at week on my way to school (8 trains and two buses count ok?, especially if followed by a 10 min walk). And I spent about 10 hours walking while shopping :P
I haven't played any sport since high school (used to play volley ball), well not regularly anyways. I should go back to yoga

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #23
I have a very strong wrist.

Typing, people.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #24
And what's the other hand doing while you type? ;)

--------------------

Pages