Show me the muscle

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Show me the muscle
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #25
Probably making rude gestures at you. Rude, but not so rude as to impinge upon the CoC.

—Alorael, who has been struck by certain ironies that shall remain nameless. His major expenditures of energy shall also remain nameless, although "victims" and "retrieval" figure prominently.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #26
I play high-level competitive ultimate frisbee, soccer, and volleyball, and I run track as well. My distances are the 400m and 800m, although I have a pretty good 200m time too.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #27
I used to play American Football, during which time I lifted weights, ran, and otherwise performed strenuous physical activities. Of course, that was almost a year ago, and I've now gotten to the point where I'm struggling to eke out a mile and a half a day to get my physique under control. C'est la vie, how the mighty have fallen, and so on, and so forth.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #28
I throw a shotput. That's right. A big metal ball. 12 pounds, three times. But you wouldn't believe the training that we do just to gain half a foot.

I also used to do Karate, but gave it up. Then again, it seems to have helped my twitch speeds and pivoting skills for shotput. So I'm overall happy I took it up, even though I quit.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 7060
Profile #29
Same as The Worst Man Ever and MagmaDragoon, really. But I bike a lot...

Me.

--------------------
This is my sig. Thanks for looking. :p
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #30
I'm at a low level of activity at the moment. I play soccer, but only in the fall. And I do a lot of hiking, but mostly in the summer. So at the moment, all I do is some walking.

Dikiyoba.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

I chase after anywhere from 2 to 8 kids at different times of the day, every day. Lots of lifting, stair climbing, running... plus some kegels and 'other' regular exercises to get the heart pumping.
You are too old, fecund, and Republican for me to want to hear about your kegels. :(
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

You are too old, fecund, and Republican for me to want to hear about your kegels. :(
27 is too old? :confused:

Besides, being fecund is the main reason I do kegels. Have to at least try to get back in shape.

ps. Since you don't want to hear about it, you probably should't read this post.

[ Tuesday, May 23, 2006 17:18: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

27 is too old? :confused:

I'm 18. You could be... my cousin. :P
quote:

Besides, being fecund is the main reason I do kegels. Have to at least try to get back in shape.

What did I just say! :(

quote:
ps. Since you don't want to hear about it, you probably should't read this post.
Shouldn't you have put this at the top of the post? :P

:(
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #34
I run 2 km once a week. Takes me about 9 min, to finish. I run on a road so no easy track running. I play goal for soccer, by soccer I mean the real kind in a gym with walls and more contact. I also play goal in road hockey, and ice hockey.

Oh and 100m I have a time of 12.50 seconds, I now it sounds lame compared to the record holders at 9 sec.

>>>>>>>Let the parade of self-congratulation continue:

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #35
I used to swim and play basketball. Now, I get barely any exercise, except for lots of walking. Oh, I'm also decent at darts, not sure if that counts.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #36
I'm not much if a geek, but I used to do Taekwon Do. When I get my job I may start up Muay Thai boxing.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #37
I used to do Judo but gave it up when I realised that it wasn't doing me that much good. Then again in one year I put on 15kgs of muscle mass doing it. I really want to get into street fighting but unfortunitly it isn't all that easy to get into and the training is intense. And me being really lazy and intense training doesn't really seem that fun.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #38
33 lbs. of muscle mass in one year from Judo? Sure... :rolleyes:

Are you sure it wasn't also because you grew three inches as well, or some other life-developmental change was occurring? Thirty pounds is a lot of muscle mass to put on in one year.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #39
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/19/Nandrolone.gif/200px-Nandrolone.gif)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I used to do Judo but gave it up when I realised that it wasn't doing me that much good. Then again in one year I put on 15kgs of muscle mass doing it. I really want to get into street fighting but unfortunitly it isn't all that easy to get into and the training is intense. And me being really lazy and intense training doesn't really seem that fun.
If the word "intense" ever fails to appeal to you, I doubt that street fighting is really for you. I'd also guess that Spiderweb and street fighting are mutually exclusive.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/19/Nandrolone.gif/200px-Nandrolone.gif)
IMAGE(http://www.widewordofsports.com/images-bonds.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.thurrock.gov.uk/environment/images/thumbsdown.jpg)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Are you sure it wasn't also because you grew three inches as well, or some other life-developmental change was occurring? Thirty pounds is a lot of muscle mass to put on in one year.

I know a guy who replaced 10kg of fat with muscle after only half a year of karate.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #43
I tend to just walk. Long walks around my town are rather enjoyable, and walks around my college campus are even better. That said, I have no bike right now (I had a rental for the last school year), but I used to bike... occasionally.

I might take up running this summer, but St. Louis humidity tends to drain the life out of you pretty quickly.

EDIT:

quote:

IMAGE(http://www.widewordofsports.com/images-bonds.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.thurrock.gov.uk/environment/images/thumbsdown.jpg)

Seconded. :D

[ Wednesday, May 24, 2006 14:02: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #44
I fence. And fight with my friends.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Dammit get those functional groups out of my face. I'm done with Organic chem, DONE! :cool:

Nooo! Aldol condensations, Brominations and Hydrogenations ahh!

BTW OChem was easy but very gey.

Edit: It's beyond me why a basball player would need steriods. I mean you don't even do anything physical in that game.

[ Wednesday, May 24, 2006 18:29: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

It's beyond me why a basball player would need steriods. I mean you don't even do anything physical in that game.
So you can break the record held by your godfather, of course!

(Bonds is playing half-injured at this point... he's pretty much dead weight in the outfield)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #47
ESPN showed his (Barry Bonds) first homerun (June 1986) when he hit # 714. He was a skinny kid whooping it up when he hit that ball. Now, 20 years later, he is still playing ball and still happy as a clam to be able to do it. He is playing hurt because it does hurt to play that many years in the same sport. Hell, it would hurt to be a carpenter for twenty years and that is just as physical.

Whether or not he has taken steroids, hitting the ball that many times, that far, is a remarkable achievement. Having a career last as long as his, is a remarkable achievement. If there is an issue of children thinking that they can be better players if they take steroids, please persuade them otherwise. All it takes is practice. After all, I can pop it out of the park too, and I've never even trained, never mind taken the juice.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #48
quote:

Our Judo trainer dude (I never bothered to learn the names of anything the guy was telling me) was always pissed off at me because I failed to learn any Japanese words or anything and just gave English terms for everything. This meant that the guy was constantly giving me extra exercise as punishment so I was the fittest one at the club. It doesn't help that I was really scrawney and had no muscle when I started, so I was only 45kgs to begin with.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #49
Hmm. I think maybe "growing up" had a bit more to do with the weight gain - I know precious few mature adult males under 100 lbs.!

Pages