Statistically Yours, on the First Anniversary

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Statistically Yours, on the First Anniversary
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Leave? Why would anyone want to leave here? Have you been out there lately? The people are insane. ...
That's right, all of us are perfectly normal. It's the rest of the world that's crazy. :P

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #51
quote:

Any chance that starting polls can be restricted to having a post count over 200? It might save time in eliminating new polls by new members.
Why eliminate "polls by new members"? Why not just close bad polls and topics, as is already done? Are you implying that anyone who has posted fewer times than you can't contribute anything useful? There are new members and then there are new members…

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #52
…and then there's me.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #53
Don't deny the mods the satisfaction of ruthlessly crushing a useless topic.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero is scheduled to go first.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #54
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Don't deny the mods the satisfaction of ruthlessly crushing a useless topic.
Right, but topics by new members aren't always useless.

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #55
Originally by Erika Maroonmark:

quote:
There are new members and then there are new members...
Yes, there are newbs and then there are n00bs.

-----

Originally by Randomizer:

quote:
Leave? Why would anyone want to leave here? Have you been out there lately?
The fluffy turtles have done their work well.

-----

Originally by Zeviz:

quote:
That's right, all of us are perfectly normal. It's the rest of the world that's crazy.
I honestly doesn't see much difference between everyone on these boards and people who I meet in person. In fact, the parallels between life on the board and life off the board are sometimes creepy.

For this reason, Dikiyoba doesn't really like calling life off the board "real life." It's no more real out there than here!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #56
I'm not against mods having their fun. As for topics, some of them can be enjoyable, but the polls are getting to be worthless. The one for getting Exile 4 when Jeff has said repeatedly that it will never happen was just too much. Some new members are getting too lazy to read the old threads before they start posting.

The forums are rapidly filling up with junk polls. I was wondering if some forums are restricted whether the cookies could be read to restrict new postings in a similar way. Something like preventitive maintanence.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #57
quote:

The forums are rapidly filling up with junk polls.
Be grateful you missed January of this year.

That was pure hell.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #58
That was when arghhhhhhhhh and ed kept posting polls, right? Or did their stupidity ever overlap temporally?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #59
If I remember correctly everbody was a bit poll-crazy. Game rating threads and what not.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #60
I'm pretty sure that all the game-rating threads were in February. (Most of them anyway :rolleyes: )

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #61
Surely 'around the beginning of the year' is good enough, rather than bothering about months?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #62
There were only four polls in January (or at least, that's when they were posted in last). shadow, the made a few stupid polls in late December though. All the rating topics weren't until late February/early March.

Dikiyoba apparently has way too much free time if Dikiyoba can afford to go look all this up.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #63
Eh, I don't consider newbie polls entirely painful. If they're too dumb to warrant your reply, let the mods do it for you.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #64
quote:
Originally written by Ur-Noob:

Eh, I don't consider newbie polls entirely painful. If they're too dumb to warrant your reply, let the mods do it for you.
Or show off your lock-beating prowess by posting "In before the lock."

Aran: is there a way to see each of Alorael's different monikors with your database? I want to get a list of all of them...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #65
Some people keep lists. I have a good number of them, but haven't kept it up since I wasn't on daily. I know using commas to separate the names makes it a bit cluttered, but it's a long list. Anyway, here's the monikers I have.

Thoughts? 0 o, You may address me as, Byte -1, Byte?, Exterior, Monologue, Interior Analog, Ulterior Epilogue, Too little, two late, Bebitten, The Mismanagement, Bandycleffery, Morningstar Wit, Droovlewizzs the Edgewise, Gummy Wyrm, Grape Slime, Mauve Jelly, Lo feo, B.Y.O.S, Fissure of Men, Anthropological Ra, Electorael, Steady Decent, Cellulism, Conspiracist, Semihemidemicanadian, REx #335, Exploding Head, Qeeaqarut, Innocent Abroad, Justice by Trial and Error, Friendly Whomp, Fury #2, You never read me anyway., Superjective Experience, But microscopes are prudent, K, Yeek Elite, Orison of the Agnostic, Bombastic Bloviation, Plegar, Viverase, ArtNOW ArtNOW ArtNOW, OGM, 'Lo, Hi', Post Fours, R & D & B, Last Light, Eckxs, Cable Jockey, Conscribblative, Glitch, technical, Doublello, My moniker unforgotten, Time Lapse Web Recording Device, HOP, Chivo expiatorio of yom, Increditable, Mycotopians Unite, Reverbatim, The Invisible Worm, Asymptotic Descent, Beacon, Internal Sanity Service, Scripter Sans Serif , Trench Foot and Mouth, Nominal Recycling, Copper and Iridium, Pi Times the Light of Heaven, Inspiring Thuryl Since September 05, Putting the 'ik' back in moniker, Hierophant of the Random Numbers, Friend of Electroconvulsive Therapy, Question Most Authority, There are no absolutes, Grouchinati

Edit: This is 6/28/05 - 9/25/05

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 08:59: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #66
My favorite was probably "This is just to say EEP."

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #67
I have had 697 monikers, and I'm missing around four of them due to file corruption. The rest are duly recorded. As always, a very nice cookie to anyone who can name them all.

—Alorael, who has been at it for some time now and who is starting to get moniker fatigue. Oh, if only relief were to come!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

There were only four polls in January (or at least, that's when they were posted in last). shadow, the made a few stupid polls in late December though. All the rating topics weren't until late February/early March.

Dikiyoba apparently has way too much free time if Dikiyoba can afford to go look all this up.

Everyone cracks me up.

My point about January of 2006 is that it was a month prior to Randomizer signing up for the insanity. It was funny that he/she should make those statements.

Now, put down the computer and walk outside.

:eek:

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #69
quote:
Originally written by Tell Me About the rabbites:

I have had 697 monikers, and I'm missing around four of them due to file corruption. The rest are duly recorded. As always, a very nice cookie to anyone who can name them all.

—Alorael, who has been at it for some time now and who is starting to get moniker fatigue. Oh, if only relief were to come!

If you have resorted to Of Mice and Men by now, you must truly be getting desperate. :P

Incidentally, I once went through a four-page ballad. Line by line.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #70
Am I the only semi-oldbie here who has never changed their moniker?

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6433
Profile #71
quote:
Right, but topics by new members aren't always useless.
Like me have you read my posts on "a few advance notes on geneforge 4" (page 8) in the geneforge series section. I have loads more ideas...

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 13:24: Message edited by: sharx ]

--------------------
im a demon kid (next bday = 06/06/06)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by sharx:

Like me have you read my posts on "a few advance notes on geneforge 4" (page 8) in the geneforge series section. I have loads more ideas...
And another newbie wanders into the fluffy turtle pit of General... welcome to the non-Geneforge forums, sharx.

(I did read your posts, and I'm happy to see that you're the type of newbie who's willing to to actually fix their grammar.)

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #73
Originally by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Everyone cracks me up.
I'll agree with that.

Seriously, though, I had to go back and look for a thread anyway, so I just "researched" a few other things along the way to make that post.

Originally by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Now, put down the computer and walk outside.
It's sunny where Dikiyoba lives, so Dikiyoba can handle that. The "walk outside" part, that is, not the "put down the computer" part.
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #74
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Am I the only semi-oldbie here who has never changed their moniker?
Well, I've never changed mine, though maybe based on post count and large absences I don't really count as an oldbie.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Pages