easter is comeing

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: easter is comeing
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #0
since easter is close post thoughts and felling abought this wounderfull holoday :)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
1. Brush up on your spelling and grammar.
2. Please stop making pointless topics. This one has a hint of legitimacy but I doubt that it will survive.

Edit: Okay, I will be nicer to this topic. Hasty decisions aren't always the nicest ones. I participated in an Easter Egg hunt today. It was fun. A thousand plastic Easter Eggs picked up in six minutes. I only got three out of a thousand.

Dikiyoba wonders what the Easter Bunny will bring Dikiyoba this year. Last year it was orange Converses. That was very exciting.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 19:26: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
I will be going to a massive 3-day party in QLD for Easter. Yay.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
I'm unbelieveably happy to have spring just around the corner. It means the weather's getting bearable enough for camping again.

It also means more daylight, which means more time in the day, which means I get to work more, which means I might one day have a chance at finishing said work and finally having some free time, which means I might actually end up with some time to enjoy the spring before it vanishes into a muggy, unpleasant St. Louis summer.

I hate my life.

EDIT: As for Easter, even though I'm an atheist, I still enjoy the holiday. So naturally I won't be able to relax on said day, as I've got a leadership-training-thing that day. I won't even be able to have dinner with my family (who live so close to me as to make this concept unacceptable), since said training takes up enough of the weekend that I'll be stuck doing work all of Sunday.

EDIT2: Agh.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 19:37: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
As a Christian, Easter is one of the most important days of the year for me. It's especially important this year because I am the assisting minister (does some of the prayers and helps with Communion in a Lutheran church) on Easter Sunday, the Sunday with the largest turnout all year. Other than religious things, I plan to celebrate Easter by using the portal easter egg in Avernum 2. :P

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 20:21: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #5
Spring you say? I beg to differ, especially since it just snowed twice today. I'm really looking forward Easter though. I get a whole week off from school, I'm off work as well, so I'll get tons of rest.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #6
Why does llama only have 4 posts, yet he posted four times in his locked topic, as well as created this one, so he should have 5?
Edit: Oops, it was only in that particular topic that he was displayed as having 4 posts, as well as a five-star rating.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 20:06: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #7
My folks are coming down to visit for Easter. It will be nice to see them.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Easter Schmeaster. I'm looking forward to the Passover seder. All you can eat and all the relatives you can stand at the low, low price of a long semi-religious quasi-service.

—Alorael, whose family is not very good at being Jewish. It does better at the producing and consuming food, and that's the important part anyway, right?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #9
Easter = FREEDOM

...Well, I was only going to go to a couple LAN parties anyway. And regular parties. Too bad I still have a couple exams after the weekend... No Heineken massing for me :(

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #10
I'm going over to Brisbane for Easter, because the Brass Band nationals are being held there and I'm in two of them. I hope the hotel has a big basket of little easter eggs like last year, I took hundreds.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Bring Out the Best in Boone:

Easter Schmeaster. I'm looking forward to the Passover seder. All you can eat and all the relatives you can stand at the low, low price of a long semi-religious quasi-service.

—Alorael, whose family is not very good at being Jewish. It does better at the producing and consuming food, and that's the important part anyway, right?

Funny, but no.

In fact the eating may be the least important part. It's required on all holidays, so it's nothing special. Also, you can't eat any baked goods.

EDIT: The seder by itself usually lasts from 8ish to 12ish (at least in my house), so unless you can stand 4 hours of meal, during which you spend 1-1.5 hours eating, Peasch is not the holiday for you.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 22:55: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #12
I'm not that excited about Easter. (anyone surprized?) Not that I don't love and appreciate it's reason for being. It's the knowledge that 'The Aunts' will spoil my kids rotten with candy and toys and fun activities placing such an emphasis on the Easter Bunny that the significance of the cross will be all but lost on them. I know they're well meaning and just want my kids to have fun and good memories. I just wish they would tone it down a bit sometimes.

I can remember my own childhood Easters with just a simple egg hunt and a small bucket of treats followed by worship for most of the day. They were great days and remain some of my fondest memories. It's such a contrast to the chaos our Easters have become. On the otherhand I might just be jealous that my childhood seemed so bleak in comparison... maybe... slightly...

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #13
Easter in my house is...well... not all that special.

I wake up late usually, due to the school holidays that come with most Christian Holidays, and sit around doing what I usually do in my spare time. Either that or I sleep because I stayed up the previous night.

Easter-related activities are confined to opening and eating a few chocolate eggs. Nothing religious happens at all, although Hot Cross Buns will probably be consumed at some point.

No family members, other than those I live with visit, but they hardly do anyway...

Oh, and this year I might even be working, so that'll be fun.

I'd love to go and be with loved ones this year though, so I might go and surprise somebody. I'm feeling all wistful now...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
As I said, my family is not very Jewish, and a significant number of those present at the seder are actually Christian. They aren't more Christian than the rest of us are Jewish, though, so we average out to something in between. Deists?

Seders usually start sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 depending on how much effort has to go into shepherding everyone to the table. The seder goes until 8:00 or so, depending on how cranky the small children get, but we don't take it terribly seriously. Humorous interjections are encouraged. Then we eat, and while going without anything that could conceivably be construed as bread for a day is hard, the dinner makes up for it.

—Alorael, who will once again demand an explanation of the absolute absence of yeast in all Pesach products. The Israelites weren't intending to make matzah until they left in a hurry. No self-respecting, intelligent person would deliberately make matzah.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #15
Yes. Happy Kwanza, everyone. Plus shame on those that actually bother celebrating a holiday at the right time of year.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #16
Yes! Easter!

Chocolate, Sleep, Space Empires 4, and maybe a bit of BoA.

Heaven.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #17
..(°_°)
...11.1111))
...11.1111)

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by spy-there:

..(°_°)
...11.1111))
...11.1111)

Just because that was so amazing.

Spy.there needs a custom title for making all these ASCii drawings.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #19
All I like about easter is the fact that I have no school, but that's it really. I'm too old for egg hunting, although I like the chocolate.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

'The Aunts' will spoil my kids rotten with candy and toys and fun activities placing such an emphasis on the Easter Bunny that the significance of the cross will be all but lost on them.
What's wrong with emphasizing the original holiday, from before Christianity hijacked it? :P

</good-natured jab>

I always liked how unusual the lumping in of Christ's resurrection with the old holiday honoring Eostre was, though... Carlos Mencia did an awesome bit about this. Something to the effect of this (it started as a rant about people crying while watching The Passion of the Christ):

"Don't worry, it's a happy ending! He comes back, I swear! And that's why we hide the eggs!"

"Jesus is coming! Hide the eggs! Look, we gotta tell everyone that from now on, eggs come from rabbits."

"Why?"

"So he doesn't take the chickens too!"

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #21
Ephesos: :D

The same goes for Christmas. The birth of Christ most likely happened around late spring (shepherds in the fields, etc.), yet the day was placed in December, strangely close to the Feast of Mithras. Apparently, Christians were to think long and hard to decide whether to go to church or sacrifice a bull and take a shower in its blood (I think that's Mithras, I could be confusing it with another mystery religion of the time).

--------------------
Gah!!! Curse those Catholics for taking away the significance of the Feast of the Great Pumpkin!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #22
Alorael, you're crazy. I'm not Jewish, but matzoh is wonderful.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #23
t Nikki: ^ :D ^

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:

Yes! Easter!

Chocolate, Sleep, Space Empires 4, and maybe a bit of BoA.

Heaven.

- Archmagus Micael

What's Space Empires 4?

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.
Viva mucho tiempo y prospere.
Habiter long et prospérer.
Leben Sie lang und prosperieren Sie.
Lever lang og prosper.
Longos vivos e prosper.
Lunghi in tensione e prosperano.