Response

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Response
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #25
;_; How will I miss the Sailor Moons, the voice of mind and the turing puns ... There is a chance though to meet him in November at BoA forums <_<

ef, your crystalline wishes are beautiful like a sparkling haiku.

:) Nice to see you once in a while, unidentified random girl. You only post for very special occasions, non? Lovely lion.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #26
I will miss his advice for what to do in a game even when I disagree with it.

It has been fun reading his posts and I hope he will have time to pop in once in a while.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
Now that came as a bit of a surprise, although I can imagine that moderating this place is not exactly an easy task.

I am glad that his departure from here is without any bitterness, unlike that of so many. I also hope that, like all members of Spiderweb who have ever handed in their sanity, he will return - sooner or later - and grace the forum with his wit and his enormous resourcefulness.

Goodbye.

Mind the Turtle Pit.

Edit:
quote:
Salmon:

Just so you know, it is decidedly un-American to discuss a candidate's past when it could potentially injure a campaign. Actually, this only applies to Democrats, but I had already figured you ran with that crowd.
[Wink]
And I would have shown more regard and subtlety if the quote had been any older. Dredging up ugly pasts is not merely "un-American"; it is generally in bad style and a cheap shot.

However, classifying "two weeks ago" as "a candidate's past" is a bit new to me.

(Also, "I am the only one who can do your mom" did not strike me as a serious platform to run on, so I responded to what I took for a joke with another joke.)

[ Saturday, March 18, 2006 18:22: Message edited by: We are the music-makers ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Edd:

What jokes? Leave me and TM alone, he isn't horrible. He's a lovely boy to be with, being horrible is just him when he gets moody.
TM gets PMS? o_O :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #29
My first reaction was sadness to see Thuryl go.

My second was "Yes! One step closer to being the main Australian on the forums!"

My third was hoping that Thuryl wouldn't mind me remembering his passing with humor.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #30
So many things that could be said. All but one indecorous...

Good bye, Thuryl. Good luck on your life sans Spiderweb.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Dallerdin with a custom moniker.:

My first reaction was sadness to see Thuryl go.

My second was "Yes! One step closer to being the main Australian on the forums!"

My third was hoping that Thuryl wouldn't mind me remembering his passing with humor.

I'll remember to watch my back.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #32
I know this really isn't the place for it but since the other topic got locked, and I've only just seen some of the recent happening, I have to wonder why Ed isn't banned yet. He's more annoying than arghhhhhhhh and more forgetful than any other newbie. He seems to go out of his way to irritate everyone and hurl himself infront of insults then claim it was the other persons fault. He's appologised about 5 times now and after each time he's instantly back into being an asshat again. Once again I apologise for the location of this but I feel it needs to be said.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #33
Because arghhhhhhhhh said "Ban me!" and posted about four topics of complete nonsense, so *i did. Eddie hasn't screamed "Ban me!" yet.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #34
Yes but he has broken the CoC various times.

--------------------
All praise the greatest mod of all time! Long live Master Aran!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #35
And has done nothing to redeem himself unlike the other members that have broken the CoC.

[ Saturday, March 18, 2006 20:47: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #36
Unless all those apology threads count. If it did then he would be one of the most redeemed people on this forum.

--------------------
All praise the greatest mod of all time! Long live Master Aran!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #37
Aside from his comings and goings with apologies sprinkled in liberally, what has Ed done? Being annoying is not criminal.

Spam can be, though. Ampersands take note.

[Edit: Posting the above before reading TM's short-lived bid for moderatorial glory was a mistake. I recant half of the serious rhetorical question of the first sentence and add a half dose of irony.]

(Thuryl is not mentioned anywhere in this post except here because he wouldn't want to be remembered with a tedious goodbye. Remember, he's not dead. If you really must have more Thuryl, go check certain nearby forums where he may still romp and frolic.)

—Alorael, who was &Ampersand& a year ago. He is not talking to himself.

[ Saturday, March 18, 2006 21:01: Message edited by: T_T ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #38
Ed has done nothing but conceal his Edinosity.

He should be proud of it.

Silently.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #39
Ed has violated the CoC far more than Argh. I agree with the Argh ban. He was out of control. But Ed has been constantly and unrelentingly provocational. He's been far more successful at it than TM, too. Despite his canned status, Ed's continued attempts to stir up flames on the boards are ignored by the mods.

I don't mind the mods exercising their judgment in terms of who to ban and who not to. I think they should (and more to the point, the CoC thinks they should). And they are under no obligation to explain their reasoning to the rest of us.

However, if they don't explain anything, and their decisions don't make sense to me, surely they will understand my skepticism.

quote:
Originally written by T_T:

Aside from his comings and goings with apologies sprinkled in liberally, what has Ed done? Being annoying is not criminal.
Taken directly from the CoC, here are some items that it seems to me Ed has violated. The first is a minor infraction, the second and third are major; the bold is Drakey's.
+ Using vulgarity and/or obscenities in any language (whether it's in the open, masked, or abbreviated)
+ Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.
+ Impersonation of another person or screen name (including "faking" a screen name by using similar-looking text characters).

The bold one is one that Ed has engaged in time and time again. I would really appreciate it if a mod would explain to me why in the world this pile of violations, repeated time and time again, even after being warned and canned, does not constitute grounds for a BAN.

-- Slartucker, who is discontent
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #40
Well, since you put it so nicely...

—Alorael, who can say goodbye to Ed this time knowing that it will last more than 24 hours.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #41
Thank you. Not to be harsh or anything but you've done these boards a favour.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #42
(returned on-topic)

Goodbye, Thuryl. The best people are, sadly, always the firsts that go away. :(

BTW: Every day a came here. Except this Saturday. And as usual, something terrible happen. :o

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #43
Farewell Thuryl.

Your absence from the boards will be felt, but I'm sure this was a choice you did not make lightly. Hope to see you back some year.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #44
My only regret is that I never asked him to see which way the water flows down under.

And since I already actually know this...

:P

Thuryl was unique. And so posting a goodbye seems kinda lame. So I'll salute, and hope that he didn't get his sanity on the way out... That way he'll HAVE to return!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #45
Thuryl's sanity is safely eaten ^H^H^H^H^H kept by the turtles.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by saunders:

Thuryl's sanity is safely eaten ^H^H^H^H^H kept by the turtles.
And how can you be sure... You privy to some kind of secret turtle information?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #47
*nods*
I even had a photo of the turtle before my hd died.
Not a signed photo, though. They were reserved for the real turtle intimates.

Edit: spelling adjusted to correct feline input.

[ Sunday, March 19, 2006 07:51: Message edited by: saunders ]

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Apprentice
Member # 5573
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Casual Moose:

I recall Omlette saying something a long time ago about a member called ef ... a long time ago ...
Ho hum.

"Omlette 313: ef's a bit strange, isn't she
Anama Freak: I haven't had a chance to get a good look at her yet."

Memory is a wonderful thing. :D

Pages