my world(would appreciate ideas)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: my world(would appreciate ideas)
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #0
the world vamalas

vamalas has seven moons named colt, bwort, rim and arc
the other three are actually three asteroids that were caught in colts gravitational pull
there are many different tides, when colt is orbiting the tide is 50 feet in from normal, bwort 90, rim 30, and arc 200
when all the the moons are full and orbiting they will form a shape that proclaims certain doom
for the continents will flood and everyone will die,(this is fortelled as a sort of apocalypse)

there are three continents, there names are vuoremar, vrendrack, and vivak
vuoremar has a climate of wet mountains and lakes, many forests and jungles, and one of the only 2 that has snow.
vrendrack is hot, scorching hot, it has many many plains and desterts and huge volcanos everywhere the meoters hit. there is a range of volacanos called the lords of fire and death sealing off an area that was once the captial city of the empire.
vivak is tropical much like the so-called garden of eden, it has green forests and mountains and all kinds of flowers.

vrendrack has a gargantuan minotaur empire that hosts an emporor and is constantly at war with the centars, it has cavedwelling plainsmen who were once from vuoremar but have expanded and become slaves, it's dragons are much like the kind depicted in mythology except about 300 feet larger.
mammoth type creatures used for food

OH YEAH AND I HAVE 461 MORE PAGES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
arghhhhhhhhh

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

when all the the moons are full and orbiting they will form a shape that proclaims certain doom
for the continents will flood and everyone will die,(this is fortelled as a sort of apocalypse)

...huge volcanos everywhere the meoters hit. there is a range of volacanos called the lords of fire and death sealing off an area that was once the captial city of the empire.

...it's dragons are much like the kind depicted in mythology except about 300 feet larger.
mammoth type creatures used for food

Welcome back, arghhhhhhhhh...

All of this is impossible. If the moons can align to where they cause apocalyptic tides, how did life ever stick around long enough to get established? The same goes for the meteors and volcanoes... nothing should have survived on that clearly blighted continent.

The moons you've proposed, including the one with mini-moons of its own, seem highly unlikely. I'd think that the planet's gravity would pull those asteroids out of the one moon's orbit, causing them to strike the planet and nuke all life.

And the dragons... how does such a beast stay alive? It would probably have to spend the better part of any day eating.

In a word, Ouch. In four words, in before the lock.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
Well, it depends. There could have been a massive magical cataclysm which disrupted the moons' orbits AFTER life was formed, tohugh how life would survive for more than a few centuries (if even that) after this cataclysm is beyond me.

Ofcourse, they could just have lotsa boats, like Waterworld.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Maybe all life could be aerial or aquatic?

Dikiyoba appreciates the fact that the spelling is fairly accurate and there is basic grammer. Now, how about proper punctuation?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
And some upper case, occasionally?

Thoughts:

You have a vibrant imagination, but should work on writing skills before you venture into creative writing. It's only half creative, and the other part is, well, writing. Writing well.
And the world you described is pretty unrealistic as fantasy worlds go, and contrived. The number of moons on a fantasy world is traditionally any number not equal to one, but the greater it is, the sillier it becomes. Two are fine. Four are just barely okay. Seven are a bit overdone...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Hmm...werewolves existing on a planet with two moons...think of the possibilities.

Dikiyoba sort of lumped capitalization in with periods and commas under "punctuation."
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #7
quote:

OH YEAH AND I HAVE 461 MORE PAGES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA
Keep them to yourself, please.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
The only 'civilization' that will survive on that world would be that of underground anaerobic bacteria.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #9
Hmmm. I think my main question is WTF? How can anyone be expected to give you good, reasonable input when given a bare minimum of what you've already thought of? Honestly, I'm not at all sure what the purpose of this topic is. Nobody is going to read all 461 additional pages, and yet without them, everybody's advice is useless. What do you hope to accomplish?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
Yes, my first impression was to something like WTF. Would you mind explaining what this is all about? is it some world you are just making up for fun? is it for a scenario? What is it for!?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #11
That reminds me of a dream I had about a planet with 5 suns and 3 moons. That was a very interesting dream.

Anyway...a planet with 7 moons AND life larger than my little finger? If those moons could get into the right position to cause an apocolypse, the only life that could survive would be things like...water bears (very small, very, VERY tough). And I've never seen a world with so many V's!

And such a large dragon life form? That alone would be enough to eat all life larger than my hand even before the moons cause an apocalypse (assuming they're capable of reproducing). But, such large creatures on a hot continent would die of heat in a very short amount of time. Then again, nearly everything else would, too.

Hmmm, that sounded a bit cruel.

[ Sunday, February 19, 2006 09:04: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest. ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
I'm wondering how a traditionally-sized dragon finds enough to eat. Surely, the inhabitants of an entire village aren't enough to keep a huge beast alive for two centuries, even if it is cold-blooded and sleeps the whole time.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #13
Dragons could always eat each other...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

I'm wondering how a traditionally-sized dragon finds enough to eat. Surely, the inhabitants of an entire village aren't enough to keep a huge beast alive for two centuries, even if it is cold-blooded and sleeps the whole time.

Dikiyoba.

Any dragon worth its wings would know some summoning magic. Hence, summon a huge flock of sheep and go to town. Of course, with larger than average dragons, this wouldn't work nearly as well. I'm also going to guess that there are more dragons around than usual (just judging from the apparent themes of the planet), so this would be even less possible.

You could probably just assume magic, but then I'd think that the seven moons would make said magic unpredictable, resulting in a lot of spontaneously combusting dragons.

quote:
Originally written by Zephyr Tempest:

Hmmm, that sounded a bit cruel.
Well, in all fairness, he wanted feedback.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
Magic is tidal now?

If you can't just handwave dragons or make them run on magic, both of which are common excuses, the only answer is to make them run on inorganic fuel. Maybe they hook themselves up to volcanos and run on geothermal power. Maybe they're walking, talking, fire-breathing nuclear reactors.

—Alorael, who foresees a time when dragons are hunted to extinction for their fissile materials.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by The anti-POK:

Magic is tidal now?
Well, it seems to be a relatively common theme in fantasy... kinda hearkening back to astrology, really. And besides, if these moons have the power to cause apocalyptic tides, I expect that their gravitational pulls combined would do interesting things to the rest of the planet as well, including the forces of magic.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #17
Mankind lived through the apocalyptic meteor collision 60 million years ago, despite it having the strength to kill off the dinosaurs and the nuclear winter that followed....what's keeping anyone from living through a flood?

[ Sunday, February 19, 2006 14:22: Message edited by: Eating My Food ]

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Eating My Food:

Mankind lived through the apocalyptic meteor collision 60 million years ago, despite it having the strength to kill off the dinosaurs and the nuclear winter that followed....what's keeping anyone from living through a flood?
True... except that "mankind" at that time was a tiny species of shrew-like mammals, with noticeably lower metabolic requirements than the modern McDonalds' customer today.

We're lucky our ancestors were tiny.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #19
Arghhhhhhhhh: what are you making this world for? Writing a novel? A campaign setting? A Blades scenario? Any advice we can offer depends on what the world will exist for.

--------------------
Summoning food is the equivalent of Chinese takeout: once the spell's duration ends, you're hungry again.
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #20
quote:

You have a vibrant imagination, but should work on writing skills before you venture into creative writing. It's only half creative, and the other part is, well, writing. Writing well.
quote:

thank you very much.

and in response as to why.
because i (modestly) have a creative mind, i love to create and share my ideas with others.
i am doing it for FUN!!!!(and maybe write a book in it, for how do you create a fantasy book from nothing

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #21
the reason with the many Vs is becuase that is what the planets denizens call it, naturally they would want to associate there minor objects and places with incredible majestic grandness of their planet.

--------------------
join me!
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #22
quote:

Anyway...a planet with 7 moons AND life larger than my little finger? If those moons could get into the right position to cause an apocolypse, the only life that could survive would be things like...water bears (very small, very, VERY tough). And I've never seen a world with so many V's!

And such a large dragon life form? That alone would be enough to eat all life larger than my hand even before the moons cause an apocalypse (assuming they're capable of reproducing). But, such large creatures on a hot continent would die of heat in a very short amount of time. Then again, nearly everything else would, too.
quote:

why can't there be large life?
maybe the dragons live in harmony with the elves?
and elves create superficial meat for them to eat(hey that rhymes

--------------------
join me!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #23
quote:

the reason with the many Vs is becuase that is what the planets denizens call it, naturally they would want to associate there minor objects and places with incredible majestic grandness of their planet.
I don't see what that would have to do with it... I mean, it's not like that happens on Earth.

quote:

why can't there be large life?
maybe the dragons live in harmony with the elves?
and elves create superficial meat for them to eat(hey that rhymes

Because large life needs a lot of small life to eat. What are the dragons eating, here? What on earth is superficial meat?!

Please don't double post, arghhhhhhhhh. (I'm getting a feeling of deja vu)

EDIT: Please don't triple post either...

EDIT2: For the love of god, stop posting so much!!! All of it could be condensed to one post! You quoted the same post twice! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!

[ Sunday, February 19, 2006 18:57: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #24
quote:

quote:

listen, the apocolyspe type thing has never happened before,
so in speculation, it is a kind doom like the apocolyspe FORETOLD to happen on earth.

EDIT. sorry i forgot i already did that post
(blushs in worry(due to worrying that someone will ban me))

[ Sunday, February 19, 2006 19:01: Message edited by: arghhhhhhhhh ]

--------------------
join me!

Pages