Oops

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oops
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #50
I don't find it funny either. Did you attempt to prosecute the neighbor?

Dikiyoba has had two cats killed by cars and has one dog that has been hit by cars twice (she's still alive) and yet Dikiyoba's friends still wonder why Dikiyoba drives so slow. It won't kill anyone to slow down but it can kill to speed up.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #51
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

No point -- there's no evidence that would hold up in court.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #52
No doubt. I'd bust anyone up that did that to my cat. Seriously, there would be serious repercussions. :mad:

[ Monday, January 30, 2006 15:15: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #53
I have a friend who was brutally beaten just because he accidentally hit someone's cat. So I don't find that very funny. :(

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #54
Would you find a pertinent knock-knock joke funny? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

*this message sponsored by your local fire and rescue service*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #55
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I have a friend who was brutally beaten just because he accidentally hit someone's cat. So I don't find that very funny. :(
Your friend accidentally hit a cat. Thuryl's neighbor allegedly set traps for them because he hated cats.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #56
I had another friend who suffered a heart attack because he failed to get a joke. That wasn't funny either.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #57
Oh, honestly. I'd never actually eat a kitten. Carnivore meat generally doesn't taste very good.

All kidding aside, I am fond of cats. I have not been the pet of a cat in a while though. I hope to remedy this soon.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #58
Was your friend driving at the time, Ash? Did he or she run over a cat in the process, bringing closure to the situation?

—Alorael, who had a cat that died after eating poison left for the local varmints of all kinds. Even people who only mean to kill the small furry animals sometimes kill the slightly larger ones.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #59
That's why we only use mousetraps hidden in places our cat normally can't get to. You'd think our cat would solve the mouse problem but I suspect she's to blame for it. The mousetraps were surpisingly effective. A lot more effective than the cat. Even the dogs are more effective than the cat.

Dikiyoba wishes the cat would stop bringing live rodents over to the front of the house where about half of them escape.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #60
quote:

I had another friend who suffered a heart attack because he failed to get a joke. That wasn't funny either.
Oh, I get it!

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Not Why:

quote:

Oh, I get it!

I don't!

*gasp* My heart! Argh!

*dies*

:P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #62
One time a cat ran over my car.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6009
Profile #63
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

No point -- there's no evidence that would hold up in court.

Did you at least key his car?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #64
I believe Thuryl was talking about a neighbor who poisoned cats, not ran over them with his car. Or did I confuse something?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #65
Just because he didn't run over my cat with a car doesn't mean he didn't own a car. :P On the other hand, random acts of vandalism aren't really a constructive solution. I don't live there any more, so I'm just pleased that he won't be causing problems in future.

(As it happens, I did lose another cat to a car once, but that was an accident -- according to the driver, the cat was being chased by a dog and ran out into the road.)

By the way, I'll be gone again for a few days starting tomorrow. I should be back by Saturday.

[ Tuesday, January 31, 2006 03:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #66
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Just because he didn't run over my cat with a car doesn't mean he didn't own a car. :P On the other hand, random acts of vandalism aren't really a constructive solution. I don't live there any more, so I'm just pleased that he won't be causing problems in future.

(As it happens, I did lose another cat to a car once, but that was an accident -- according to the driver, the cat was being chased by a dog and ran out into the road.)

By the way, I'll be gone again for a few days starting tomorrow. I should be back by Saturday.

Then blame my lacking English vocabulary that does not return anything for the expression "to key a car".

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #67
To "key" a car is to scratch the paintwork on it with a key.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #68
My cat didn't get run over, get beaten or something of that kind, but it did live long enough to become blind and deaf. He was totally senile at the end of his life, suffered two times from a stroke, eventually kept bumping into doors, the piano and walls, but still managed to live. he also always seemed to recognize my sent. he was a lovely cat.

Sorry, I'm getting all soft at the moment. I think I'm going to cry of all this memories...

[ Tuesday, January 31, 2006 06:36: Message edited by: Thralni, The flying Dutchmen ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #69
quote:

You know, Ash wouldn't have a reason to make these corny-ass jokes anymore if you people weren't so dense.
Remember, we're not laughing with you, we're doing your mom.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #70
Keying a car doesn't help anybody. You should put sugar in the car's gas tank instead! Sure, it won't do much, but you'll feel better.

—Alorael, who considers it a sweet, harmless, crime. Unfortunately, it's still punishable under most laws.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #71
quote:
Originally written by Prometheus:

quote:

You know, Ash wouldn't have a reason to make these corny-ass jokes anymore if you people weren't so dense.
Remember, we're not laughing with you, we're doing your mom.

if people choose not to pay attention to the joke, but simply, as there seemed to be enough stories about it, tell there own story, don't you think you should simply let them?

And before you say it (because I have a feeling you will):

DIE!

EDIT: thuryl, you are leaving us again? saturday, eh? okay, see you next month (assuming you miscalculate again :P ).

[ Tuesday, January 31, 2006 08:06: Message edited by: Thralni, The flying Dutchmen ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Pluropolis:

Keying a car doesn't help anybody. You should put sugar in the car's gas tank instead! Sure, it won't do much, but you'll feel better.

—Alorael, who considers it a sweet, harmless, crime. Unfortunately, it's still punishable under most laws.

Groan. I don't know whether to cry because I realised the pun before you even made it, or because you went ahead and posted it.

I don't have a kitten. Or a puppy. Or older varities of those animals. I tend to skin them and eat them. Or is that running joke dead now?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #73
If you didn't run over it, poison it, give it a heart attack, key it, put sugar in it, skin it, or eat it, it's still alive.

—Alorael, who is not entirely certain that none of the above have been done to the joke.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #74
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, The flying Dutchmen:

Thuryl, you are leaving us again? saturday, eh? okay, see you next month (assuming you miscalculate again :P ).
Even if he comes back on schedule , it will still be next month, seeing how this is the last day of this month. Of, course, since Thuryl is Australian, he's already in February.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.

Pages