The Worst Game Ever

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Worst Game Ever
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
State the worst game you ever played, and why.
Luckily for me, I have yet to play a truly terrible game.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #1
what is with all these gamer polls today??? all i see are whats your favorite game ,whats the worst game etc. because of the av 4 release?

no offense to max

but mine would have to be dope warz a very bad game where you sell drugs

[ Monday, December 12, 2005 11:43: Message edited by: The Forgotten ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I can think of countless examples from CDs loaded with sharewaare and freeware, not to mention countless things encountered on the internet, and... well, mankind excels at awful.

Some just excel more than others.

—Alorael, who would be willing to put Homeland in the very bad category. Worst game ever is a little too much for it, though. It has graphics. It has text that is legible and logical. It has a plot, although it's nothing to write home about. It doesn't delete important system files.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #3
Play Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 afterwards. If you did it, you know what a good and a horrible game is like!!! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah, that´s my 50. post. I´m a Journeyman! :) :D :cool:

[ Monday, December 12, 2005 11:50: Message edited by: Slith Lord ]

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
Homeland the Stone of Night was really horrible. The Homeland demo was the only game I didn't like from Spiderweb. Final Fantasy VIII for the Playstation pretty much sucked, but at least it had awesome graphics, unlike some other Playstation games such as Dark Stone or Vagrant Story which awere all around bad. Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles on the Gamecube was pretty bad. Warcraft 2 rocked on the PC, but the Playstion port was terrible to play. D-pad scrolling in a RTSG just doesn't work. I'll probably think of some other games I hate, but those are the ones that spring to mind off the top of my head.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #5
I had the demo of a game called Earth 2140 (or whatever the year was), and played it for a full five seconds before snorting in disgust and chucking it out.

It was a Macintosh game released after the Windows game Earth 2160 (or whatever the year was) became really popular, and tried to capitalize on its popularity by stealing the title and preying on unsuspecting Mac gamers. The game itself was totally dissimilar to the Windows game, and was instead a cardboard cut-out version of Starcraft but without the good graphics, interesting story, interesting units, interesting buildings, or, well, anything really.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Play Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 afterwards. If you did it, you know what a good and a horrible game is like!!!
Which game are you referring to as horrible? Personally, I like the first Diablo better. Less cheating, more challenge, more randomness. And on my PC, it installs in literally 3 seconds.

The worst game I ever played. Hmmm. that's I hard one, as I have played several bad games. I'll just post a list:

Halo 2 (not necessarily bad, but I hate it because it's wayyyyy over-rated)
Myst
Riven
Danny Phantom: The Ultimate Enemy
Stronghold 2

I'm not sure which of those I hate more, as I hate them all a whole lot.

[ Monday, December 12, 2005 12:20: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #7
is it just stronghold 2 you hate or all stronghold games?

in my opinion stronghold and stronghold crusader are the best castle sims out there

--------------------

Visit the RIFQ Forums
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #8
Just Stronghold 2, as I haven't played the others yet.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I also had the demo of EARTH 2140. While the game's balance is questionable (nonexistent), as are the plot and everything else, it did have one feature that I appreciated greatly. Being able to tell a unit production building to continue producing a unit as long as the resources are available is something that several other games could use.

—Alorael, who can't really think of any game that exemplifies cannon fodder quite as well as EARTH 2140. When you have units that apparently are literally incapable of doing damage to anything and die if cllcked too vigorously, the only possible reason to have them is to produce a mobile blockade.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #10
I've been through some truely horrible games before, but few, if any, come close to Xtreme Paint Brawl.

This was back in my friends and I's paintball stage, where all we did was play paintball and video games. So for when we couldn't actually shoot eachother, we tried to find a game that let us do that.

This isn't the game.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
You just really want someone to say A4, don't you?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #12
Hmmm. Tough question, there's a lot of bad games out there. Ant Wars is the only one that sticks out right now. You control ants that get attacked by various foes. From other ants to the military. THE MILITARY. With a small colony of 500 ants I crushed the military. STUPID ANTS CAN KILL THE MILITARY! That's a VERY unrealistic game.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #13
I haven't played a large number of commercial games, so I'll have to go with a shareware game called Castle Quest.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #14
Generally considered to be the _worst game ever made_, the first game ever to recieve a straight 1.0 rating on Gamespot, and made by a company with a name almost as stupid as "Chromite Software", "Stellar Stone".

It's Big Rigs - Over The Road Racing!

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Ytterbium-Enhanced Razor:

cannon fodder
Ah-hah. That reminds me: Anyone every play a game called Cannon Fodder? It's quite entertaining after you play it a while.

EDIT: Here.

[ Monday, December 12, 2005 15:32: Message edited by: Uhh... ben? ]

--------------------
-ben4808
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Myst
Riven

...if you hated Myst so much, why did you play the sequel? :confused:

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by cAPSLOCKED dALLERDIN:

Generally considered to be the _worst game ever made_, the first game ever to recieve a straight 1.0 rating on Gamespot, and made by a company with a name almost as stupid as "Chromite Software", "Stellar Stone".

Erk... I remember hearing about that one. Laughably terrible, if I recall. But not laughable enough to even justify a comedy-based purchase.

And the Myst series is good! At least RealMyst was... Riven, I'm not so sure about.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #18
i tried myst3 for the ps2 is made no sense it was confusing and boring i hear that the pc version of it is fun though

--------------------

Visit the RIFQ Forums
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
Pools of Radiance: The Ruins of Myth Drannor sucked, and sucked hard.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #20
Worst -
Myst III
Homeland: Stone of the night
Syndicate Wars

Reasons -
Myst III - Plain and simply boring
Homeland: Pretty much the same reason as above except I was excited because of the standard of the other games by / hosted by Spiderweb.
Syndicate Wars - The game Syndicate for genesis was brilliant and this game here (the sequel) sucked really terribly. And because I got excited about it, it made it suck even worse.

Also, Cannon Fodder is a really fun game. I used to play it all the time in school.

Forgot Doom 3. That games was terrible. I thought I was the only one that hated it until I found a site that agreed

[ Monday, December 12, 2005 19:05: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by cAPSLOCKED dALLERDIN:

That's awesome. I think I need to play it before I die.

The Myst series simply focuses on different things than most computer games; for all of you who don't like I'll simply point out that the original was the best-selling game of all time until The Sims. (Though I admit that doesn't necessarily make a game good; I hated The Sims.)
Though I wouldn't know myself, having had a traumatic childhood experience with Myst. I tried to play it too early and got scared by all the yelling people and mysterious things and not being able to see behind me. :eek:

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
...if you hated Myst so much, why did you play the sequel?
My thinking was "If the original sucked this bad, the sequel has to be better."

I was wrong. Simply no action in either game. Both exemplify why you should NEVER put more value in graphics than gameplay. They simply have nothing gameplay-wise. If there were more games like them, I would give up gaming altogether.

I would equate the gameplay in Riven to going through a maze that has beautiful scenery. I would equate the experience of playing it to stabbing myself in the eyes with a rusty, serrated kitchen knife. Now that I think about it, Riven and Myst are the games I hate the most. Actually, hate isn't a strong enough word. It's more like absolute loathing with every fiber of my being.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

quote:
...if you hated Myst so much, why did you play the sequel?
My thinking was "If the original sucked this bad, the sequel has to be better."

I was wrong. Simply no action in either game. Both exemplify why you should NEVER put more value in graphics than gameplay. They simply have nothing gameplay-wise. If there were more games like them, I would give up gaming altogether.

I would equate the gameplay in Riven to going through a maze that has beautiful scenery. I would equate the experience of playing it to stabbing myself in the eyes with a rusty, serrated kitchen knife. Now that I think about it, Riven and Myst are the games I hate the most. Actually, hate isn't a strong enough word. It's more like absolute loathing with every fiber of my being.

DIE.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #24
Face it, the myst series it terrible. Perhaps it is you sir, that should die.

Pages