On Nov 1st, 2005....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: On Nov 1st, 2005....
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #0
...Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is on DVD!

So who's looking forward to seeing it (again, probably.)

(I voted for the first.)

[ Tuesday, October 11, 2005 17:21: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 35 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at October 11, 2005 07:19 PM board time.
Voting stopped at November 01, 2005 11:00 AM board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=btcBgJFDzwok"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=btcBgJFDzwok"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
Never seen Star Wars. Sorry. Have loads of fun when you go to see it though. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #2
How can you have not seen Star Wars? Have you lived in a cave all of your life? Also, I have the movie on my computer right now already. I downloaded it while it was in theatres.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
For how much?

Anyway, I don't really care about Start Wars that much. If I see it someday, cool, but I don't feel like going out of my way for it. So. Call me Star Wars deprived if you want. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Bender Bending Rodriguez:

How can you have not seen Star Wars? Have you lived in a cave all of your life? Also, I have the movie on my computer right now already. I downloaded it while it was in theatres.
I've never seen Star Wars either
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #5
Which ones are we talking about?

Never seen -any- star wars?!?! I didn't know such people existed in non-4th world countries!

Not having seen Episode I, II & III is forgiveable, though. :P

But anyways: "I'm definitely going to see it, but I'm not THAT excited."

It's the closest.

I'm definitely going to see it (haven't seen it yet), and I'm quite excited, but not enough for the first poll answer.

I heard Episode III was on par with the first series. Hard to believe, but heartening, considering the last two were utter male cow's dung.

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
I saw Episode III three times in the theater. Heck yes I'm excited!

It was the best of all the Star Wars movies — and no, I couldn't believe it was written and directed by the same dung-foisting fool who created Episodes I & II. And Portman and Christensen were so much better in III, that I couldn't believe they were the same "actors" who appeared in II.

I think Lucas is at his best when exploring tragedy: THX-1138, The Empires Strikes Back, and now Revenge of the Sith.

[ Tuesday, October 11, 2005 20:10: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:

(I voted for the first.)

I might see it, but it would be for the first time. I prefer DVD over cinema.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #8
I don't intend to watch Sith, to prevent further tainting of the original trilogy.

Midichlorians? Why? :(

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #9
The last option is too funny. The acting was terrible though. All I rember about Ep3 is that the 2nd movie I sneaked into that day was The longest Yard, which I though was better than ep3.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Atrus:

quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:

(I voted for the first.)

I might see it, but it would be for the first time. I prefer DVD over cinema.

why????? :confused:
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #11
I already have it on DVD.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Espionage:

why????? :confused:
Because I don't like cinema? Being able to repeat the last few seconds in order to catch that line of dialogue I missed is quite useful. Especially seeing that I miss dialogue all the time because the moron in front of me munches his popcorn too loudly, or the guy next to me feels the urge to explain the movie to his girlfriend, or... :rolleyes:

And finally, by the time I get around to ordering the DVD, it will likely cost the same as two shows in the cinema. And guess how often I can watch it.

Edit: Also, I'll be safe from the fanboys. LotR was barely endurable. I'm thankful I've never been in Harry Potter, and I don't want to know what StarWars is like. :P

[ Wednesday, October 12, 2005 00:39: Message edited by: Atrus ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
Its not actually that bad in Harry Potter. Well, it wasn't like that for Philosiphers Stone, Chamber of Sevrets or Prisoner of Azkaban. But I'm not so sure about Goblet of Fire, I think some of the fanboys might get a little excited over Kaite Leung as Cho Chang and Clemence Poesy (who plays Fleur Delacour).

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
The best part of Episode 3 is when Hayden Christiansen is severely burned and then de-limbed by Obi-Won.

"You're beautiful!"

"That's because I'm in love with you!"

"No, it's because I'm in love with you!"

WORST DIALOG EVAR!!!11!!11!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #15
Well, looks good. The first option has the most votes thusfar. The MOMENT I see the DVD at my house, I am going to STOP what I'm doing and put it on IMMEDIATELY! (As long as I have free time.)

I'm asking for it as a late birthday present, as my birthday falls before Nov 1st. Not last night, but the night before, I actually had a dream that I was about to see the movie on DVD.

[ Wednesday, October 12, 2005 04:12: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #16
I saw it in cinema, and decided it's not worth buying. If I really, really want to see that on DVD, I can always borrow it from a library. For free.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #17
I'll be buying it.

I've always been a Star Wars nerd.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #18
The hell? When I saw the title of this topic I thought it'd be about NaNoWriMo. I was hoping someone would post about that. >:\

Now it's just... I don't care. Post a topic about NaNoWriMo! :0

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I don't intend to watch Sith, to prevent further tainting of the original trilogy.

Midichlorians? Why? :(

Userfriendly is awesome.

IMAGE(http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/02sep/uf004600.gif)

[ Wednesday, October 12, 2005 05:38: Message edited by: Atrus ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #20
I thought Episode III sat well with the first trilogy (whereas I and II definitely did not).

The main problem that Lucas has, I think, is that he cannot write romance to save his life; most of the best lovey feelings from the first trilogy came either from facial expressions or from lines that he didn't write (Leia saying "I love you!" right before Han gets frozen and Han replying, "I know"). Episode III does well because it has little romance.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #21
I'll get it eventually, around the same time I get the rest of the DVDs. Then I'm going to watch the original trilogy, then the prequels, and then the prequels and originals in series.

This will be long after I get a job (which seems increasingly unlikely).

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #22
I have VHS tapes of all other episodes, I will probably get this one on VHS just for the sake of conformity. I got eps. 1 and 2 as gifts so I'll probably wait till after Christmas before going out to buy it myself.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Muji:

Which ones are we talking about?

Never seen -any- star wars?!?! I didn't know such people existed in non-4th world countries!

Not having seen Episode I, II & III is forgiveable, though. :P

I don't know about Ben. However, I've never seen -any- star wars. They're not that famous in DR., yet since I've moved here I've heard endless stories about it. And as far as I know episode three is pretty good. Yet I don't wanna see only that one, without seeing the first three. However, 90% of the people I know have the need to tell me the ending: "Lucas, I'm your father", which makes me not want to see the first trilogy at all.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
Fortunately, that paraphrased line doesn't come at the end of the original trilogy at all, and it is, in my opinion, a relatively superfluous plot point thrown in because George Lucas can't resist clichés.

—Alorael, who still wouldn't advise watching 1 or 2. 4-6 are classics, and you are obligated to see them whether or not you like them. 3 is a tossup. It's not a classic, but it's also not a painful disaster. Viewing is optional.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages