Forum Dreams

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Forum Dreams
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #0
Say I'm insane but I had a dream about the message boards...twice in fact. In the first, the forum was a place that you could walk around in and walk to a topic name and it would send you through an invisible wall where the topic was. So there was this one topic by Alorael with a image so nasty in it that I won't tell you what it was. The mods immediately edited it out and before it was locked, Alorael made a reply to it signed "—Alorael, who misses his lovely photo."

In the second, a "field trip" was organized for all the members to meet eachother. We each wore a name tag with our screen name and title on it. I recall Aran looking exactly like Legolas...

Anyway, has this ever happened to you?

--------------------
"The bad news is you and Latin music go together like chocolate ice cream and an onion."—Simon Cowell about John Stevens
Apprentice
Member # 6277
Profile #1
please could you do this for meeeee

(genefoge sav game) i'll do smothing on return dunno what send you some music

--------------------
What Flag?

It would not be out of the question to say that rap is r-etards a-tempting p-oetry
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Fire Shards:

Say I'm insane but I had a dream about the message boards...twice in fact. In the first, the forum was a place that you could walk around in and walk to a topic name and it would send you through an invisible wall where the topic was. So there was this one topic by Alorael with a image so nasty in it that I won't tell you what it was. The mods immediately edited it out and before it was locked, Alorael made a reply to it signed "—Alorael, who misses his lovely photo."

In the second, a "field trip" was organized for all the members to meet eachother. We each wore a name tag with our screen name and title on it. I recall Aran looking exactly like Legolas...

The idea your dream presents is not a bad idea as I wouldn't mind doing real life introductions, but alas, I have never had any dreams about the forum boards in any way, shape or form as of yet...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #3
Those are some funny dreams! I especially like the bit about Alorael missing his picture.

I had a weird dream about the forums a couple of weeks ago. I should've written it down; I've since forgotten it. But it was very strange and quite amusing.

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
You know how sometimes, if you're very lucky, your dream can become a reality?

IMAGE(http://www.goatse.cx/awfulpicture.jpg)

—Alorael, who misses his lovely photo.

[ Tuesday, September 06, 2005 17:57: Message edited by: Increditable ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
I do not wish to look at Alorael's broken image link above. hello.jpg? :P

I've dreamt about this forum before. In my dreams, I was usually either seated before a computer or before a book containing all the threads. Nothing very weird happening in those dreams. Except there was one thread that, in my dream, was the most brilliant topic that had ever been posted. I woke up, went to my PC and went to the forums. It wasn't there. And I'd forgotten what it had been about.

—Arancaytar, whose hair is not as long that of Legolas, and whose ears are slightly less pointy. Altogether a more far-fetched comparison than the Harry Potter one.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #6
I had a dream about the forums once. Well, rather the people on the forums. Everyone was just randomly teleporting around and whenever anyone landed near someone they would be invited to dinner by that person. It was all very confusing..... :rolleyes:

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I do not wish to look at Alorael's broken image link above. hello.jpg? :P
I did. :P :D :rolleyes: :eek: O_o :cool:

I'm not so sure that was a dream. There could be invisible walls to all the topics behind Alorael's office.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #8
Does Alorael even have an office? I thought he was in a secret hideout, working on his newest ferret bomb...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #9
I have had a couple dreams about this forum, but that is probably because it is very often the last thing I read at night. In the dreams I would usually be reading and replying to threads, and once I was talking to everyone in a big room. I gave someone a hug one time, but I don't remember who he was.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Fire Shards:

No. I dream about things that should not be dreamt about.

[ Tuesday, September 06, 2005 21:13: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
No. I dream about things that should not be dreamt about.
In my dreams, I behold vast caverns, cyclopean cities lost before the dawn of Man, with multitudes of glittering spires like the insane light of a million stars. I have beheld visions of nightmare-rumored Yaddith, where snouted worms gnaw at the roots of the world! I have seen Irem of a thousand pillars, and Leng in the Cold Waste. My dreams have shown me the great barnacle-covered halls of R'lyeh where Great Cthulhu is waiting and dreaming. Ia Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! Phn'glui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn!

Sorry.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Ia Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! Phn'glui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn!

What exactly does that mean?

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Ah! Ah! Cthulhu is waiting! In his house in R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu is waiting and dreaming!
Or at least that's what Wikipedia says. The "Ah!" is an assumption, it sounds like an exclamation. It could be "Yes!"

[ Tuesday, September 06, 2005 23:06: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #14
I had a dream about the forums too, but that was the first day I came back from my holiday in June and I was probably suffering from withdrawal symptoms :D ;) . I remember only vaguely something about meeting Kel (or was it Alo) or someone in some sort of video-cam internet chat (like in 2001 film). And he looked like (really) Aragorn, probably because i saw a poster for LotR the day before.
Wierd. :D

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #15
I can not recal dreaming about the forum, but I did, in fact, dreant not long ago about making a sort of chickenbomb, as described in the RWG forum. I woke up befor I could throw it and see the damage it made though....

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #16
I had a dream about Drakefyre. He was naked.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #17
The question is whether he was vahnatai or human in the dream. And how old he was.

[ Thursday, September 08, 2005 16:33: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Dreams about underage Vahnatai? Sounds disturbing...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Does Alorael even have an office? I thought he was in a secret hideout, working on his newest ferret bomb...
Stughalf is the ferret man. And hasn't been around for a while, strangely... I predict a new ferret attack in the immediate future.

Anyway, I'm semi-reviving this topic because I too had a SpidWeb dream last night. I was coding my scenario very late, and came to these boards to look up something, and then fell asleep almost straight after. That can be the only reason for dreaming about these forums. Unless you buy into that Freudian crap...

My dream was kinda scary. Bear in mind that I don't know what you guys look like - if I've seen you, I've forgotten (save Drakey, Stughalf and Aran). Anyway... Kelandon was sitting on a throne spouting all kinds of crap about Avernum, and growing in power the more he said. Drakey was standing behind him, rubbing his hands. I guess they were evil and trying to take over the boards. Which is remarkabley life-like.

Anyway, I digress. Aran was hiding from them, and came to me for help. I guess it was Aran since he's the only person I'm kinda friends with. Well, we talk infrequently, mostly about Encyclopaedia Ermariana, and that was a while ago... So, back to the story... Aran asked me to help him get back his ball from Kelandon, who was now holding this red ball. Kel was apparently going to use it to kill someone you don't know from The Real World. Well, you might, but I don't know that you do...

So, we tried loads of different plans to get this ball, only for Kel to throw it at us to get us to go away. We used the ball to fill up a drainpipe (old Silent Hill 1 puzzle), which got us a key for something. Then Aran ran off, leaving me alone. I wandered around for a bit, looking at weird pictures on the walls with my friend from Real Life. Then the dream ended.

A few others were there - Ben was a five year old playing cowboy music on a "piani" (crap Simpsons quote) for Kel, Drew was with his lady-wife watching TV in a corner, and Jumpin' Salmon was fishing - cliche, true, but realistic. Alorael was NOT present, I am sad to say.

The forums looked weird - like that piece of art (that fantastic piece of art) with the stairways going everywhere. People were milling about all over the place, and it had no ceiling - it just went up and up and up. And it had trapdoors and pits all over too. And people from The Real World were mixed in with you guys.

[ Monday, September 12, 2005 07:25: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
Stugie is being a good college student and cutting himself off, I believe.

—Alorael, who is exactly where you don't want him to be when you can't see him. Or probably in some cases in the place you want him second least.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Beacon:

Stugie is being a good college student and cutting himself off, I believe.

—Alorael, who is exactly where you don't want him to be when you can't see him. Or probably in some cases in the place you want him second least.

I can think of two places I wouldn't want a 50 year old guy, with the kind of connotations that you were implying. Or that I thought you were implying... Therefore, if you're not in one of those places, you'll be in another. Which is bad.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #22
IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/untitled.gif)

This seemed appropriate somehow.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #23
Trying to understand Alex makes my brain hurt.

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

The forums looked weird - like that piece of art (that fantastic piece of art) with the stairways going everywhere.
Do you mean M.C Escher's relativity?

relativity

[ Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:10: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff

Pages