Forum Dreams

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Forum Dreams
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
You probably should turn it into a link, because Tripod doesn't allow hotlinking of images, so all that any of the rest of us get is the Tripod logo. :P

That said, no discussion of Escher is complete without this:

IMAGE(http://semantics-online.org/geek/files/lego_relativity.jpg)

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #26
Thuryl... Genius. That's the one, with the exception that my dream contained no lego of any sorts. Unfortunately.

I prefer Escher's one with the continously spirraling staircase. Again, I lack the name of it (and it might not even be by Escher...), but I know what it looks like!

To Alex: Usually, I understand your drawings. This is the only one that's had me flummoxed. I understand you need to keep the rest of them in the dark, but if you could email me with some kind of explanation... Because I sure could use it this time.

Hmmm, the mutton might be a reference to "mutton dressed as lamb", maybe implying that somebody was lying? But Marilyn? And the evil-big-thingy? Lost me.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #27
The picture was created entirely at random. It was also posted entirely at random. For the sake of a percieved connection to anything, let's say its randomness sybolizes all these dreams.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

The picture was created entirely at random. It was also posted entirely at random. For the sake of a percieved connection to anything, let's say its randomness sybolizes all these dreams.
My dreams are usually like that picture. Except more surreal. Those I can remember, anyway.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
That picture represents about everything I don't dream about. My dreams are usually rather dull. This night, for example, I dreamt of telling my mother I saw somebody I knew that day. I actually did see him, but I only told her about it in my dream. I think I fell asleep of boredom after telling her that.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

My dreams are usually like that picture. Except more surreal. Those I can remember, anyway.
Me too. Say what you will about insomnia, but it gives you some pretty freaky dreams when you do sleep!

[ Wednesday, September 14, 2005 07:29: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
I've tried writing the better ones down while I remember them. It turns out badly. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #32
I know what you mean, telling some one about a dream just isn't the same as having it.

Well, about weird dreams...

This happened almost a couple years ago now, but was so vivid (and so odd) that I still remember it quite well.

I was being attacked by butterflies. "Butterflies?" you say, "How lame." Well it wasn't, it was scary. Because they were the size of kites and they screeched at you. And if you allowed them to get directly above you they could shoot lasers out of their rears at you. They never actually did, but I just somehow knew that they could. I was at my gradnpa's house, except it had two stories and a patio, which my grandpa's house doesn't. Nevertheless, I just *knew* it was my grandpa's house. I backflipped and landed on one and killed another with hose.

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #33
IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/dshrte.gif)

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #34
Ahhh. Welcome to the wonderful world of color cartoons! Looks great, AA!

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #35
Don't expect too much of it. I was bored.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #36
Alas, 'tis not a stick-figure drawing! AA, all artists go through a period of experimentation, but don't forget what the people like...

I don't have scary dreams. At all. I've never woken up thinking "Thank the Gods I managed to escape that terryifing piece of cheese" or whatever. And, I dunno. Part of me feels sad for that.

All my dreams seem to involve some kind of journey or adventure. But since it's lucid, I have some kind of conscious control over it, and so never get scared, even if a scary thing should happen. I can think to myself, in the dream, "hey, I don't want to deal with that", and the whole dream changes. I don't know how or why, or even if it's common. Can any of you do it?

I remember telling my psychology teacher that he was wrong when he said we have no control over dreams last year. I told him that I do. And he didn't believe me - he said that it was really rare, like, uber-rare. And the hardest thing is, since there's no evidence either way, most people think you're lying.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #37
I know what you mean. I often have some control over my dreams. Of course, the more control I take the closer I move consciousness and eventually I cross the line and drift into a state of not-quite-awake-semi-random-daydreaming.

EDIT: Back to dreams, the other night I had a fun dream. I don't remember much, but I do remember I was a drow and was doing business with humans. That's what I get for reading Drizzt books late at night!

[ Thursday, September 15, 2005 07:29: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

EDIT: Back to dreams, the other night I had a fun dream. I don't remember much, but I do remember I was a drow and was doing business with humans.
I once dreamt I was one of my RP characters. That was Eferas though - I don't normally dream I am female. Thank goodness; that'd be a bit disturbing. :P

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #39
I've never had a dream about the forums, which is kinda of weird since I remember at least a dream per week. However, I have dreamt about some sw members.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #40
I don't sleep. So no dreamz obviously.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:
Can any of you do it?
Yes, and it's happening more often. My brain becomes 50% sane and I say something like, "Now I am going to fly" and I start flying. The other insane half of my brain is scared to death of anything unexpected or out of the ordinary (especially clowns *shudders*), which is why I take control. When this happens, I know that I'm dreaming and just try to have fun.

--------------------
"The bad news is you and Latin music go together like chocolate ice cream and an onion."—Simon Cowell about John Stevens
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I once dreamt I was one of my RP characters. That was Eferas though - I don't normally dream I am female. Thank goodness; that'd be a bit disturbing. :P
Hey, I get that too. Usually some of my earlier characters though. You know, like Adrian.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
Adrian Law? Wow... I don't think I was in that RP, even, and I still remember it. :P Might have been Sands of Time or so.

That reminds me of the Pied Piper Project. Great things are ahead. Very soon now. :nods:

--------------------

Pages