Do you live in America?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do you live in America?
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #0
HI, this is my first poll, bye...

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 41 user(s) have voted.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ZJqwsOMQuGzt"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ZJqwsOMQuGzt"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
IMAGE(http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/using-the-internet.jpg)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Er, this isn't a very good poll. If one isn't American, there's no way to not give an answer to the second question.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
I live both in America and outside it (which was possible to select), and I favor the East side where I was born.

We're all living in Amerika
Amerika ist wunderbar
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika!

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #4
I'm from America, South America, Chile. But I'm living in England.

Unless you meant "Do you live in U.S.A?". That is a very different question as you might or might not have been tought in geography classes. :rolleyes:

Also east and west is a very strange way to divide America, I would have done it with north and south, for cultural reasons.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #5
Sadly, East and West make perfect sense for cultural differences, as well.

I live in the U.S. On the east coast. North Carolina to be exact.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
Yep. In Montana.

I will say that I quite enjoyed your attempt as humorous options.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #7
I live inside my own head, which is on the East Side.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #8
And, er, what if I live in the middle? Note the location:

[ Wednesday, August 31, 2005 16:24: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #9
I live in the North of North America.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
You know, instead of these imbecile location topics that always end with the conclusion that half of Spiderweb's members is living on Aldebaran and the other half somewhere this side of the Moon, how about we make a topic that actually can be mapped properly?

50°47' N, 6°4' E*

(*note: if you want to be roughly placed on a world map, but don't want your window to be pinpointed within a few meters, leave out the seconds.)

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #11
I have no qualms with giving out personal information like that, but can't be bothered finding my latitude and longitude.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #12
I live in North America, but not in the United States. And US != America. Stop calling the US 'America', because it doesn't represent North and South America.

In other news, I am a Canadian born in HK.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
What about one of those map thingies where guests can stick a pin on their location. I've seen other websites that use that applet, but I can't remember where.

*this message originates from 45-47-50.35N 123-12-51.94W*
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #14
U.S. east coast (New York).

Great song, Aran. Cultural imperialism is fun. I think of it as a love song, regardless of his insistence to the contrary... ;)

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #15
Well, I live in Australia, and some may call that a state of USA, but...

I'll try and find my lattitude and longditude.

EDIT: Proably about 143E and about 38S. I have no icon for degrees.

[ Wednesday, August 31, 2005 23:56: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #16
I live on the dark side ;)

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

[QB]Well, I live in Australia, and some may call that a state of USA, but...

[QB]
I too, live in Australia, currently Adelaide (soon to be Melbourne), and if anyone calls Australia the aforementioned, I shall personally castrate them, with nothing more than a knitting needle.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Google Earth will give you your lat/long coordinates if you can find your city on a satellite picture. Admittedly, finding them exactly is a tedious process (depending on photo quality) - I spent one afternoon pinpointing all the places I've lived and storing the coordinates, so now I have them handy.

MapQuest can also be of help, but it's a lot more tedious (it works one-way only: you guess the coordinates, see by how much you're off, and adjust your guess till you're there)

I didn't find an online map with an actual lat/long grid, but a world atlas would help.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #19
I'm from, and in, "sunny" England. Which, at the time of writing, actually is sunny. However, my exact location on the surface of the Earth isn't information I'm going to let all and sundry know.

If your supposed to know where I live, you'll know already. As long as you don't have amnesia of any description.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #20
I work and attend school in Washington, DC, but live across the mighty Potomac River in Arlington, Virginia.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #21
As everyone knows I lived and grew up in DR, and am currently living in NYC.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
I would like to protest that the United States of America got short-changed in the name department. Brazil and Venezuela have also been called United States, Mexico is the United Mexican States, and many countries in fact consist of states or provinces that are united into a federal unit. Calling the U.S. the United States isn't really descriptive, and estadounidense is a tongue twister. Calling it America makes sense by analogy: the United States of Venezuela is Venezuela, the United Mexican States are Mexico, and the Republic of the United States of Brazil is Brazil. Why shouldn't the United States of America be America?

—Alorael, who is willing to call the U.S.A. the United States of Central North America if you are.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #23
34 degrees 02'17.88" N
117 degrees 13'45.63" W

I already happened to have my house marked on Google Earth, which makes this way easier.

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #24
That poll isn't very specific and is quite vague, in terms of what "America" is.

I was originally born and raised in San Antonio, Texas and I just recently moved to downtown Los Angeles to attend the University of Southern California.

Edit: Minor typos

[ Thursday, September 01, 2005 08:38: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison

Pages