What's Your Faction?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's Your Faction?
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #0
What group would you most like to be a part of?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=NxbmrCySMoIF"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=NxbmrCySMoIF"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
I sympathize with:

1. Abyss, Bargha-style
2. Other (Gnass/Lost Bahssikava sliths)
3. Avernum
4. Brigands (surface rebels, etc)

In that order.

Also, isn't this more an ET/AT question?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #2
Yeah, I sort of screwed up again with where to place this, but it started out with going between mainly Exile/Empire, then added the others because they are assumedly beyond E/A3 as well. The Abyss and the Vahnatai were givens since Avernum and the Empire are a part of the plots in most scenarios. The Anama is mentioned in Backwater Calls, and if it's accepted on the spiderweb software download board, then that too.

I think this poll can call the BoA posts home.

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #3
i like to play for avernum.
in abysss a little bit but for bargha, i killed everything in spire :D
in the empire i usually go rogue.
and i COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY ENTERILY ETC-LY HATE THE ANAMA, anyway i enter them in exile but just for try, and in exile it had better spells

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I sympathize with:

1. Abyss, Bargha-style
2. Other (Gnass/Lost Bahssikava sliths)
3. Avernum
4. Brigands (surface rebels, etc)

In that order.

Now come on, you can't just give a list like that without explaining your reasons for it.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #5
I sympathize with...

...um...

...the goblins.

Seriously.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #6
I'm personally with the Abyss. I like the Exiles but the Abyss has people who have been Exiled from Exile. I mean, it's bad enough to be kicked out of the real world and into a shotty backwards literal hole in the ground, and then to be kicked out of that as well. Thats just harsh.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 23:06: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
I was going to select Anama, and then I saw Vahnatai down the list!

I'm moving this to the General forum.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I sympathize with...

...um...

...the goblins.

Seriously.

Poor buggers, aren't they?

I voted for Exile/Avernum. I also think that the mung rats get a raw deal.

EDIT: Wasn't watching what I was writing. Thanks, Ash.

[ Friday, August 26, 2005 00:33: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #9
To prevent "opinion plagerism", I'll just say that I "agree" with Kingy's statement of the Abyss members having it rough with the good citizens of Avernum.

[ Friday, August 26, 2005 10:50: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #10
I picked "other", thinking about the Rebels. The rebels have it tough and they are real fighters, most of them never get the "prize" of being exiled, they just got executed on the spot. You would have to be either very brave or very stupid to openly oppose the empire and fight it.

EDIT: Hey Chicho, nice to see another chilean around! Soy de conce pero vivo en Inglaterra. :D

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #11
Sympathizing with a group and wanting to part of it are different. I mean I sympathize with the Avernites and Barghans, but life would be much easier in one of the "bad" groups, don't you think?

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
I voted Avernites/Exiles. Their only crime was not fitting in, and they got banished to some caves for it!

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #13
I would join the Church of Divine Lucre before any of the others. They are the only ones which aren't destroyed or attacked. They just collect your cash and never have to fight. It is an easy choice.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #14
The Empire always loses...

I'd like to be a productive member of the outcasts's society.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #15
I picked "Other". I would rather be on the side of The Cult of The Sacred Item. Don't ask why, because I really don't know.

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #16
Dragons.

*this message sponsored by throwbacks - encouraged in Wrigley Field*
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #17
Part of the reason I posted the poll was to get into a rant about how much I like the Exiles much more. Some people will forget the Empire war, but I WON'T!!!

Garzhad was purely evil. The Empire took artifacts which ultimately led to war between two whole sentient races. The Empire looked to expand their territory and exterminate everyone below the surface.

But then... the "merciful" Empress Prazac gave the ENTIRE nation of Exile the little square of land above Storm Port which was filled with gremlins, undead, and fire lizards.

Thank you sooooo much, for giving us $5,000 and 10 square miles of land (that needs endless yardwork) for saving your ENTIRE FREAKIN' SURFACEWORLD, and offering me to join your little club of "elite" dervishes who pillaged our villages, raped our daughters, and killed the people you already expelled, like Pus from the Pimple that is your Empire, which marrs the Face of the earth! We, who only tried to survive in the pit you sent us to, were attacked because we felt the sweet, bitter, sweet taste of the wine of vengeance dancing across our denied, eager tounges before spitting it out in thanks to the gods!

Or, more simply put, I quote the archer from Silvar: "Damn the Empire."

[ Saturday, August 27, 2005 14:30: Message edited by: Chief Spider watching The Simpsons ]

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
The vahnatai made all the other factions. Therefore they are better. They also have shiny crystals.

—Alorael, who would like to see what might happen if the vahnatai, the Church of the Divine Lucre, and the Cult of the Sacred Item met. It would be a religious race to loot the most from some very irate aliens!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

I also think that the mung rats get a raw deal, also.
That redundant sentence is redundant.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #20
Exiles didn't save the whole Empire, they saved a backwater continent.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #21
I think Ash sympathizes with the goblins because they're overused in scenarios. There are SOOOOOOO many scenarios that involve beating up goblins. (Okay, I'm not exactly innocent of that myself, but still...) :P

Oh, and my answer would be Vahnatai. :P Not that I don't want to be human, but still...

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 16:05: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #22
I sympathize, because they're always the runts that you start out on before moving on to actual challenges. They get no respect, from designers or players. That's why I made Deadly Goblins. Even though they still lose, at least they grow a pair.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #23
I propose a team up between the Church of the Divine Lucre and the Cult of the Sacred Item. Divine materialism reigns supreme. :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #24
I voted Empire because they seem to be kind of the most powerful and peaceful and have the most territory. Sure, other races can make clever and usually effective plot against them but there's always adventures to deal with the plague after their 432nd load of the save file after being horrendously beat time after time. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages