What's Your Faction?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's Your Faction?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I sympathize, because they're always the runts that you start out on before moving on to actual challenges. They get no respect, from designers or players. That's why I made Deadly Goblins. Even though they still lose, at least they grow a pair.
I preferred Back to Normal's take on goblins, personally. :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
Which is? I didn't play half the scenarios I should have liked, and I liked less than half of them half as much as they deserved... :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #27
Compare -

quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I'm personally with the Abyss. I like the Exiles but the Abyss has people who have been Exiled from Exile. I mean, it's bad enough to be kicked out of the real world and into a shotty backwards literal hole in the ground, and then to be kicked out of that as well. Thats just harsh.
To -

quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Those guys from the Abyss, they do have it rough. It's bad enough to get a royal canning to the underworld, but to get exiled from the surface and from the "normality" of Avernum, that's a horrible fate to live with.
Way to rip off exactly what I said.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 23:04: Message edited by: Kingy ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
Okay, you've made your point. You should be happy you agree with each other instead of quarrelling about how similar your opinions are.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #29
I like how you juxtaposed the statements. Now if you saw that common ground had been reached, instead of feeling your opinion had been breached, it would make me happier.

*this message sponsored by this and that*
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I preferred Back to Normal's take on goblins, personally. :P
Don't go holding me up to an impossible standard. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
quote:

Compare -

quote:

I'm personally with the Abyss. I like the Exiles but the Abyss has people who have been Exiled from Exile. I mean, it's bad enough to be kicked out of the real world and into a shotty backwards literal hole in the ground, and then to be kicked out of that as well. Thats just harsh.
To -

quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Those guys from the Abyss, they do have it rough. It's bad enough to get a royal canning to the underworld, but to get exiled from the surface and from the "normality" of Avernum, that's a horrible fate to live with.
Way to rip off exactly what I said.

Opinion Plagiarism? That reminds me of...

"Excuse me, you don't have a right to your opinion. I copyrighted all stupid opinions in the world so they can never again be uttered." --- Dogbert.
:P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I like how you juxtaposed the statements. Now if you saw that common ground had been reached, instead of feeling your opinion had been breached, it would make me happier.

I'm just a little pissed that he stole what I said and just altered it slightly. He could have just agreed.

[ Friday, August 26, 2005 00:51: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by I'll Steal Your Toast:

I propose a team up between the Church of the Divine Lucre and the Cult of the Sacred Item. Divine materialism reigns supreme. :P
You just game me an idea for my scenario. :P

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Exiles didn't save the whole Empire, they saved a backwater continent.
Yes, but it was said that the plagues were otherwise going to spread throughout the entire world.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I sympathize with:

1. Abyss, Bargha-style
2. Other (Gnass/Lost Bahssikava sliths)
3. Avernum
4. Brigands (surface rebels, etc)

In that order.

Now come on, you can't just give a list like that without explaining your reasons for it.

I'm, um, not big on authority? And I like the downtrodden, particularly those who are trying to pull themselves back up. Spire is too lawless for me — those people are just annoying criminals. But Barghans are putting in effort to better their existence. Same with the others.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #36
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I'm just a little pissed that he stole what I said and just altered it slightly. He could have just agreed.

I do agree with your point. Read my original edited post on this on the 1st page. My apologies for "ripping" you off. I'll try to avoid these kinds of issues in the future. Thank you...

[ Friday, August 26, 2005 12:43: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #37
Posting "I agree" is iconic spam.

Maybe the Barghans should banish their malcontents and inconvenient persons too. I'm sure there's room somewhere in Vantanas...

—Alorael, who hates those Barghans. Always trying to cut prices and give a better deal. Their ruinous competition will be the end of Exile/Avernum yet!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #38
I agree.

I also think that Thuryl should have roundly lambasted me for obviously copying his post and just substituting words here and there to make it look like I had something new to say.

And it also seems that once again we have discovered that someone neglected to deposit their sanity in the turtle pit prior to entering the forums. Tsk tsk.

Edit - Congrats to Kel for spamming up to 4000 posts. :P

*this message sponsored by the copyright infringing ferret olympics*

[ Friday, August 26, 2005 14:47: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #39
Congrats, Kel! Enjoy your title of White Rabbit. ;) Forever about 2000 more than me.

*looks at all those buttons below his post*

Weird. Sorry to go off topic, but has anyone seen this list UBB code thing?
Itlookslikethis.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #40
Congratulations on achieving 4000, Kel!

…and congratulations to Ben for learning how to make a list.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #41
Ben, that has been around longer than I have.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #42
I figured it has, but I've really never seen it used. I see now in the Avernum 4? thread somebody used it a little while before I posted that coincidentally, but before that...

Never.

I'm wondering, now that we're on the subject, why isn't HTML enabled on our posts? Just think of how many neat effects we could put in our posts then. :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #43
See, that's exactly why it's not enabled. :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #44
Once, in the days long ago when RWG was Galactic Core and when I was not a mod there, someone enabled HTML. The results were gruesome. We lost good men that day in entirely unrelated incidents.

—Alorael, who fully fails to suppor the enabling of HTML. Do you really want to tempt fate, luck, and the random number gods at the same time?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
Once, in the days long ago when RWG was Galactic Core and when I was not a mod there, someone enabled HTML. The results were gruesome. We lost good men that day in entirely unrelated incidents.

—Alorael, who fully fails to suppor the enabling of HTML. Do you really want to tempt fate, luck, and the random number gods at the same time?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #46
Seems like the RNGs heartily agree with your suggestion. They've even made you say it twice.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #47
What a shame my favorite litlle kiddies aren't in the list: nephilim rule!

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #48
He he, Alorael double posted, the skribbane must be in its apex. :D

[ Saturday, August 27, 2005 01:48: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Ben, that has been around longer than I have.
Which says a lot, right? :P

--------------------

Pages