Your platform

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Your platform
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #0
Finding out which platform most used by community

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=wkRAlOluTHIc"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=wkRAlOluTHIc"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
I'm a PC man, and always will be until Mac can run the same games I play.

Being a gamer, I have little choice but to choose PC. I'd be interested in a Mac, as I liked my old Mac back in the day.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Eh, besides not really wanting one and not really ever seeing one except for a few rare screenshots, I can't say I'm very well versed in the differences between the two except that one runs more stuff than the other, or so it seems. Saying 'Mac' conjures actually conjures up an image of all those primitive computers we had in the elementary school computer lab, but I know the platform has advanced considerable since then.

What exactly are the advantages and disadvantages of a Mac versus a PC?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #3
By platform, there are more than PC and Mac in the gaming universe. I use both Mac and Windows. The poll should of had Linux as a platform too. (for all us dual platform users)

Edit Off Topic Post: As for my video game platform of choice, hands down it's PSP and PS2. Later on, it's going to be PS3...but at the steep price of $375... :eek: ?

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 06:48: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #4
Mac. The only change I want is a NEWER Mac. This one is almost as old as I am. :eek:

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by ben4808 [1950 - 2100:
]
What exactly are the advantages and disadvantages of a Mac versus a PC?
A flame starting question. Use google, it will give you much more information than me or anybody else in this board.
Edit reason: wrong pronoun. Fixed

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 06:57: Message edited by: Itsuart, the altered ]
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

The poll should of had Linux as a platform too.
No it shouldn't. Nor Linux nor Windows (MS DOS, Unixes,Mac OS, PC DOS, OS/2, BeOS, Minuet etc) are platforms. They are OSes.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #7
Forgive me for being so bash, but I thought we weren't supposed to double post around here and that those two posts could of easily been edited into one post. Food for thought.

Itsuart, you are right about Linux not being a platform. It's an OS. Thanks for correcting me. As for platforms, you should of included the other gaming systems in your poll, such as PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, etc...

I'm pretty sure they're platforms...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

Forgive me

You have my forgiveness :).Read below about your mistake.
quote:

As for platforms, you should of included the other gaming systems in your poll, such as PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, etc...

They are, you right. But I'm interested not in just gaming platform, but in every-day-work / gaming platform.
Looks like Merphy's law in action: If there is any chance to be missunderstanded - you will. :)
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #9
I use a Windows XP but I really want a Mac because XP crashes and I'm pretty sure Gates included viruses in the computer when it was manufactured.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Toenail1000:

I use a Windows XP but I really want a Mac because XP crashes and I'm pretty sure Gates included viruses in the computer when it was manufactured.
rofl
Oh that was realy funny, thank you!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #11
quote:

Forgive me for being so bash, but I thought we weren't supposed to double post around here and that those two posts could of easily been edited into one post. Food for thought.
It is okay to double post when quoting two different people.

I'm on a Mac, and I would never switch to PC.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #12
Same as above.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #13
I've been using a Mac for years now, and am very happy with it.

It's nice to see that in the poll results everyone so far is happy with what they have. :)

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #14
I am always for Mac, but I may, at one point, want a PC just because here are many more games for PC.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #15
Im a mac user, but I'm migrating to PC. Oh, I'll still be a Mac user, and will always stand up when others smack-talk Mac, but I'm a natural gamer, and its really hard to get mac games in sweden, short of ordering. Then I have to go through my dad and his creditcard. He wouldn't let me.

For the record, Im an xbox user. Will get the 360, but probably the PS3 as well. The e3 presentation was just too blamming awesome.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
I'm a satisfied Mac customer. Since I can't buy and play through all the games I'd like to buy and play through on Mac, getting a PC would only make it more painful. If there were any truly games to die for not released for Mac, maybe I'd consider switcing (consider only, mind you), but I can't think of any examples.

—Alorael, who is also the person who just switched to Mac OS X a few months ago, and who did so not entirely by choice. He still has a backlog of OS 9 games he'd like to play, including some that are now forever lost, or at least lost until Mac-on-Mac is 10.4 compliant.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:

As for platforms, you should of included the other gaming systems in your poll, such as PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, etc...

And I think you should of spelled that "have", not "of". :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #18
Poll results show 2/3 of people use PCs. Over half of posters in the thread use Macs. Interesting.

I use a PC, but don't have a preference. If Macs ever becomes significantly cheaper than PCs, I'll switch.

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 14:55: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #19
PC, since we are strictly on the platfrom it seems, the hardware is sound enough, and replacement parts seem more available.

Though in the future I would consider getting a Mac also, maybe a laptop or something, though I doubt it would make me toss my PC in the bin.

A PC with Linux on it runs quite happily as far as I'm concerned.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by...yours truly, the Great Jeros The Creator:

And I think you should of spelled that "have", not "of". :P
[QUOTE]

That's two grammer typo errors you've caught on today, Aran, that I've made. Yes, you are correct. It's supposed to be "have" instead of "of. It's just that some people usually say it improperly with "should of" instead of "should have". :cool:

It's like how the word "ain't" is not even a word, but is corrected as "isn't"... :D

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 18:50: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
quote:

It's just that some people usually say it improperly with "should of" instead of "should have".
No, not really. It's that "should've" and "should of" sound the same if slurred together. The contraction "should've" is completely correct.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #22
I make that mistake pretty much every time I write it. And then Kel corrects me.

Anyway, I am a PC. Not by choice or anything, its just the one my parents got. I don't mind it though.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Anyway, I am a PC.
Really...

I'm a Mac user by preference but I'm also literate with Windows. I have to be, as quite a lot of useful software in my field is only available for one platform; some is only for Mac, some is only for Windows.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #24
I'm a PC user by twist of fate, since I grew up around them. I don't necessarily prefer PC's to Macs. In fact, some things are much easier to do on Macs, such as video-editing.

If I had the money, I'd have both. But since I don't I'l just use Macs when I can/have to.

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 03:57: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.

Pages