My girlfriend is dead...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: My girlfriend is dead...
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #25
I'm sorry. If you seek guidance, make sure it's from someone with upmost sensitivy. Most people tend to be dubious of internet relationships.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #26
I realize now that I made a reference to booze in a scenario of drunk driving... I feel pretty dumb now. However I do not, and never will, condone public drinking, or entering public domain after having drunk. Or doing anything that has potential to hurt yourself or others, after taking to the bottle.

Having said that, I admit to being insensitive on the internet. Talk to me in real life, and you'll find I'm quite pleasant.

Anyway... it is difficult losing someone, regardless of how well you knew them.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #27
ef wrote:
quote:
... So honouring and loving those qualities wherever you meet them is an ongoing, living memorial to her who made you aware, who showed them to you.
... she has made you aware of what it is you seek and love.
This girl has changed you, Eagle, I presume.
Perhaps you have found a new perspective on how to look at life and you are probably talking to her in your mind. Think about what you would have liked to show her and to explain to her - and you will find that you are "hosting her mind on your hardware" if I may say so.
The increased openness and awareness you draw from this will enrich your mind and honour her in that her encounter with you will have an effect beyond her lifespan. What else can you do?

BTW, it does not matter whether your internal image of her does match her reality. It was her image that changed you.

The fact that you posted her shows your courage to communicate your feelings and ask for support, imho. This is the best was to find out of your isolation. I wish you the strength to repeat this in real life fter this exercise here.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #28
I reccomend you listen to quiet/thoughtful/emotional/'humble' music.

The ones I prefer are Guitarou.mid, Galaxia.mid, which can be found on Google, and Track number 10 MIDI on the Monkey Island 2 soundtrack, but everyone has different tastes.

Anyways..

Consider the cycle of life. Consider that any path of exit from this life is identical to any other in it's target, and that everyone will choose a means of depart, whether this world percieves it as accidental, natural, or deliberate. If you use instant messaging, dump your thoughts into the most suitable person on your contact list (not to stereotype, but that would be the sort of persons where their Desperance:Spidweb posting ratio is higher on the right.)

And of course, keep her alive in your own mind, since that can't die.

--------------------
Inconsistently backward.
SWOH. IM, PATF, ND.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #29
My sincere condolences, Eagle. Others have already showed much more eloquence in their responses than I am capable of, so I will make this brief. Make an effort to move forward from all of this. Maintaining feelings of revenge or dwelling on the accident is not a productive way of dealing with its consequences. Attempt to look forward and put the sorrow behind you, as soon as the hurt loses a bit of its freshness.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #30
Have fun. Be happy. Go out and get on with your life. If she loved you, that's what she would have wanted.

It's hard, but you've got to move on. My deepest condolences, but never allow yourself to sink into a pit of despair. It's the worst thing you can do.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #31
Delorted.

I can't seem to say nice things today.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 16:33: Message edited by: demonslaeyr ]

--------------------
The critics agree!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #32
Wow, sorry about that. :(

Be sure to not let this interfere with the life you enjoy, BtW. Think of the happy memories and not the sad part.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

My girlfriend is dead... killed by a drunk driver... I... I don't know what to say... I-I didn't have a chance to confide our commitment before she got herself killed. I curse alcholics, I curse them all. I feel grief... that's all I do, feel grief...
im sorry for your loss man

--------------------
polaris c'mon you know you want to
Avernum4 Averforge
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #34
My condolences Eagle my best friends mom died very sudden this week she had A seizer and died but I can say with truth she died happy. And if my girlfriend died I would probably kill myself

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Hawk King:

And if my girlfriend died I would probably kill myself
Maybe not the best thing to say considering the topic, hm?

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #36
Since I can't really say more than anyone else has said...

I'm very sorry for you, and I hope you will be able to cope with it.

I was shocked to see this topic, and even more when I read the posts. I am so sorry for you!

- Archmagi Micael

*expresses sincere condolances*

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #37
Yea, I'm really sorry man.
I know how hard it would be because I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my girlfriend.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #38
My sincere and honest condolences. Deaths are hard, no matter how much you knew/loved the person.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #39
Thank you all for your support. For this sad occasion I have decided to let my emotions out in the way I am best at: write. I shall move on as best as I could without forgetting her. There's one thing though that is very painful in this matter:
One of her last word was, "I don't want to get you or me into trouble." (She said that when I told her about how I had gotten myself a sleeping disorder for her sake.)

Irony in the wrong moment can be very painful... There's only thing I have to ask.

In what way has I changed? I do not see much difference; I am still the open, bold person I used to be, if not perhaps more sensitive in delicate matters as these.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

My girlfriend is dead... killed by a drunk driver... I... I don't know what to say... I-I didn't have a chance to confide our commitment before she got herself killed. I curse alcholics, I curse them all. I feel grief... that's all I do, feel grief...

For her I have made this speech and sent it to her closest friend:
Sends my love to Nicole, who has sadly died this day. It was such a brief love we had, yet a strong one. I shall pray you get to heaven as I knew you believed in it.

My condolences.

Six months ago, a member of an online community I'm in was murdered, and though we had hardly talked, it was a great stab to all of us including me. It is no less, perhaps more, painful to experience the death of someone you never met in person, because it reminds you of the distance that lies between us all.

That brief a relationship must be even worse to lose, because you will never know what might have become of it otherwise. It is really an awful coincidence, as if life had cheated you somehow. :(

As for her, she is hopefully in a better place. With long-term illness, it's so easy to speak of "relief" or "better this way" - but what to say when a young person dies, completely unexpectedly, through no fault of her own?

Try to forgive the driver. He is probably a very sick man, and had no intention of this happening. What remorse he feels is not relevant; I'm sure she would want you to forgive.

And that's all I can say.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #41
You are such an unlucky person for this to happen to you, Eagle. :( My condolences. :(

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #42
quote:
In what way has I changed?
As to your question, that's not for us to know, that's for you to find out. I'd say that you met parts of yourself, and know more of yourself than before. And that is essentially what change is about.

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #43
No one has ever been killed from these forums, have they? With the exception of possibly RW. :rolleyes:

The forums would be such a different place really without even one personality.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #44
On the contrary.

Alorael has sniped more than the occasional spammer.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #45
I am sure that such an event would be heart-wrenching. Random horrific deaths can lead one to think about chance and the pointlessness of everything as a whole. I am sorry, but I cannot express anything truly sympathetic. You will move on eventually, and I hope that you can find some solace in that soon.

By the way, did this event cause you to write the story about the foolishness and possible fatal consequences of alcohol on your website?

Demonslaeyr, you made some interesting posts...

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by ben III:

No one has ever been killed from these forums, have they? With the exception of possibly RW. :rolleyes:
Not any that the community is aware of, I believe. There have been a few alarming disappearances, however. I am reminded of the disappearance of X, who vanished without a trace some time back. He was an acive member up to that point, and had made no mention of any departure. I never suspected foul play in his case, but I'm quite sure that "something" happened to him.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #47
X, yes. Strange that you still feel uneasy about him. I do, too.

--------------------
Polaris
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #48
I didn't even know him, but the name makes me suspect something as is :P . Did anyone suspect foul play when I stopped showing up?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #49
No, but X wasn't as young as you are.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!

Pages