Twilight Princess

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Twilight Princess
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #0
How many people are psyched for the new zelda game? I am definitely a hardcorer zelda fan and can't wait for it to ocme out.. I watched the trailer, and I heard you can turn into a wolf. does anyone know anything else about it?

--------------------
Never regret anything, because it was meant to happen.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #1
While in wolf form, which occurs in twilight parts of the world (it isn't quite light and dark as in the SNES game) you are aided by an imp, who rides along Link and has a funky looking hat. Other than that I know that you get a boomerang, which if charged can cause a small tornado. All of this information can be found in the most recent Nintendo Power Magazine.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #2
Gee, a light and a dark world? Haven't seen that done recently. Nope, not at all... <cough-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes-cough>
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
To be fair, having pairs of worlds has become something of a Zelda tradition, and light and dark has already been done. Part of that probably has to do with the fact that paired worlds (light and dark, mortal and faerie, or what have you) is a common trope of mythology.

—Alorael, who will stay away from proclaiming Zelda to be a shameless ripoff of myths. He'll also probably stay away from the Zelda, but only because consoles have most definitely passed him by.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
I have never played Zelda, as back in the day I had a playstation and not a N64, but I know that Zelda is a princess or something. Or maybe thats Link...

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #5
Loved n64 - Orcarina of time
Havent even played gamecube because it's so incredibly unpopular here.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by SprungSpring:

I have never played Zelda, as back in the day I had a playstation and not a N64, but I know that Zelda is a princess or something. Or maybe thats Link...
The one thing I know is that Link is some kind of pointy-eared, greenclad archer guy, iirc. More than that I have no idea about, especially since I have never played nor owned the game.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
And a long hat or something...I think its something like that.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #8
N64's Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest game ever made, and the sole reason I bought an N64. It continues to reign supreme over all other Zelda titles.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #9
Majora's Mask is good but hard and confusing. But you can change into a Zora, Deku, and Goron. The Goron is unadvised.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #10
The goron ruled! You could get anywhere on the map much faster by rolling around than you could walking. It was also the easiest way to refill bombs, coins, arrows, etc. when you reset the time - just go out to the main field, and roll around for a while.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #11
MM is the supreme ruler of Zelda games.

I like the name of it too. :)
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #12
I disagree. It was a quirky and cool game, but suffered for the same reasons that made it quirky. It also had fewer dungeons than OofT, and less canonical coherence, which for me makes a difference. The Fierce Deity mask was also a bit too hokey/DBZ-ish.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #13
OoT was way too easy. MM had some challenge in it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #14
Ocarina of Time was named the game of the century. And it is. The only game that could compare with it is Zelda: Link To The Past.

--------------------
Never regret anything, because it was meant to happen.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #15
OoT was good, but it's challenge level is minimal. A 3 year old could beat OoT. MM... well, the entire concept is just better.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #16
Am I only person here who has played the original Zelda games?

Those were awesome.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Andrew Miller:

The goron ruled! You could get anywhere on the map much faster by rolling around than you could walking. It was also the easiest way to refill bombs, coins, arrows, etc. when you reset the time - just go out to the main field, and roll around for a while.
I meant that it was just kind of creepy looking.

My favorite character to use was the Zora. Double boomerangs, power swimming, energy shield, electric guitar, what more do you need?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Am I only person here who has played the original Zelda games?

Those were awesome.

The originals were good (or merely okay in the case of the Adventures of Link), but not as good as Ocarina of Time, in my opinion. The series benefited greatly going to 3D, and the level of detail that went into building the world in OoT far outshone any of the previous games.

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 04:33: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #19
The outdoor details were a great improvement. The details in The Wind Waker were even more pleasing to the eyes. Unfortunately, the game lacked a sufficient amount of dungeons, and the world was entirely too large for such a small game.
So far I think the best game in the series has been Link's Awakening for Game Boy.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:21: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #20
Link to the Past is my sweetheard. Well, after MM.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #21
By the original games, do you mean the NES ones, or are there others before NES? Because I played one of the NES ones, but I know of none before NES. What was the first 3d Zelda, and what system was it on? And is the SNES zelda that has been referred to a Link to the Past, or is there another I don't know of?

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #22
First 3D Zelda = Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #23
I didn't like the old NES games but I do like one I played on the SNES a while back. Although they are nothing compared to OoT.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #24
The original Legend of Zelda was released in the US for the NES in July of 1987. I was ten years old then. I remember that the advertisement for the game on television was one of the first to try incorporating a rap. It was pretty bad. Everyone was impressed at the time because the cartridge was made of a gold plastic, as opposed to the regular grey of other NES titles.

IMAGE(http://www.videogamedb.com/i/games/431box.jpg)

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 04:40: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]

Pages