Twilight Princess

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Twilight Princess
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #25
What was the first zelda that switched from bieng mostly side-scrolling to mostly the overhead view, and what platform was it on.? Also I've seen zelda for NES, and I've seen zelda for SNES and I doubt the programmers went straight from the first to the second, so what system did most of the advances between the two appear on, gameboy?

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #26
In "The Adventures of Link," which was the second game in the series and also on the NES, the overworld map had an overhead view, but the towns, dungeons, and random encounters were side scrolling views. It really was a pretty different game, and is fairly widely regarded as the worst in the series.

From this game, the series made the leap to SNES's "A Link to the Past," which returned to the spirit of the first game. "Link's Awakening" for Gameboy arrived after the SNES title, and incorporated some of the side-scrolling elements of the second title in its dungeons.

EDIT: It's frightening that these games came out almost twenty years ago, and that I remember how to beat them all...

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 05:55: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #27
I'm sure I remember from way back when I was about 5, playing a zelda game that looked similar to the gameboy versions. It was not on a handheld system, and from what I remember of playing Mario on the same thing, it looked like NES. However, I distinctly remember it had the same top view as the gameboy games, and the graphics were about the same as gameboy. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?
Edit: This was probably around 1996, although I'm not sure what the exact year was. I know I was missing school at the time, since I was visiting relatives in a different state and my parents decided not to leave at the end of the weekend, so I had to be at least 5.

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 06:20: Message edited by: EviL_TiM ]

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #28
Just go to www.zelda.com. It has pages on all the Nintendo-released Zelda games ever made.

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 06:23: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #29
Thank you. Your link is broken, the proper link is http://www.zelda.com/universe/.

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #30
Just fixed my link. :)

Pages