Worst Game EVER!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Worst Game EVER!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
What is the worst, the absolute worst game that you have played that made you cry all night long and that haunted your dreams?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #1
Summoner 2
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Galactic Core!

—Alorael, who said it only because it had to be said. There isn't much truth in it. Much.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
I'm tempted to say Daikatana.

But for some reason, X-Treme Paintbrawl sticks out... even further.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #4
Chutes and Ladders computer game. Don't ask.

Edit: Also, though not played it, I have heard that the Al Queda developed the game Homeland as a sort of refined torture.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 15:55: Message edited by: Maxmillion ]

--------------------
Most Important Questions:
Why does one sock go missing?
What is the purpose of meaning?
What is the purpose of girls?
What happened to the other one?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Maxmillion:

Chutes and Ladders computer game. Don't ask.

Edit: Also, though not played it, I have heard that the Al Queda developed the game Homeland as a sort of refined torture.

But I DO ask.

Nice theory. I doubt it.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #6
Possibly homeland: stone of the night...I really hated that game.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #7
Well, Homeland : Stone of the Night comes to mind, but it's not quite as bad as either the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 3D platformer or... *shudder* Riana Rogue (never played it, but seen someone else do so and there's a review on GameFAQs that pretty much sums it up.) However, they're all truly horrible games.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
When I was about twelve, back when 16K of RAM was a big deal and there were no hard drives, my brothers and I had to mow a cemetery lawn, and hated the job. So I made a video game, on our TRS-80 computer, in which you had to mow a lawn full of tombstone obstacles, with a lawnmower that you couldn't fully control, and with gophers that would appear and make unsightly holes if you didn't get to them and mow them down in time. For every gopher hole or damaged monument you had to pay for repairs, and your pay for each patch of grass cut was minuscule, so there was no way to finish without being hundreds of dollars in debt, after a tedious and frustrating time trying to get to that last patch of grass before a random swerve of your mower took out another tombstone. The game's one redeeming feature was mowing the gophers; but the random element in your motion made this very unlikely, and if you were too late and hit a gopher hole, it cost you big time for damaging the mower.

This game was designed to be as horrible as possible, and I was also fortunate enough that the pitiful graphics and slow operation played along with this plan very well. So I think it must have been pretty far up there for video game badness.

We played it and played it, and showed it proudly to all our friends, and I had to make about three sequels.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 17:12: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #9
On my first computer, the Apple 2E there was a game called Lemmings. Have any of you seen that game?

All the lemmings would fallow each other in a line, and you had to move things, fill holes, and many other things to keep the little guys from getting themselves killed. More and more of them would be added on to the chain, and the obstacles would become more difficult.

Being that there were very few games back than I kind of liked it, but looking back on those lemmings they were really annoying.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 17:36: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #10
He he, I've played C&L too. Free out of a cereal box. Played it once. Never again. Maybe if I was 2, but not now.

"Click here to roll."
Rolls. Lands on 5.
"You got a 5. One, two, three, four, five."
Moves your dude with each count.
"Yay, good job!"

It went something like that.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
The worst game I ever played would have to be Playstation1's Croc. I hated it.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #12
You're terrible Dolphin, i remember playing Lemmings on my dad's Apple IIe like 10 years ago.

You cant hate lemmings, you just cant =(

Edit: ugly typos

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 19:43: Message edited by: kuc ]

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #13
Duck Hunt!

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

You're terrible Dolphin, i remember playing Lemmings on my dad's Apple IIe like 10 years ago.

Edit: ugly typos

I don't dislike it that much. Lemmings is just the first funky game I can remember, it had its moments :P

Jewels - I liked Duck Hunt :P

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

I know! They're so cute, until they force themselves off of cliffs to certain death.
oh wai

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #16
My brother has Lemmings and Space Invaders on his gameboy that he got in 1989. They were novelty games, similar to Double Dragon, which I have around here somewhere.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #17
Shin Masoukishin: Panzer Warfare.

Only saying this because I'm playing it now, but if there's something that can suck about a game, this game tries to have it. Horrible 3D graphics, painful load times, slow gameplay... ugh.

I'd go in to why the game itself hurts, but in short, copyright issues forced the game designers to cut out 98% of stuff related to the game world the game was supposed to be set in, so it's set in the world of La Giars... which has somehow gained a completely new geography, political map, and cast since the last games involving it.

---

Huh. Now that I think about it, I'd nominate Empire of Magic for being an actual bad game - and, possibly, one that people other than myself have played. In essence, it's a strategy game with the most boring battles possible. In fact, in an Empire of Magic battle, usually only one side will be at all capable of taking any action. The other side will just sit there and take any and all punishment.

And yet they have turn-based battles with initiative and a speed system for switching off turns when that never happens.

Also, it takes fifty turns to get anywhere. Blargh.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 22:18: Message edited by: Imban ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #18
I hate to say this, but the Douglas Adams game 'Starship Titanic' is the worst game ever for me. And I've never even played it. I was so excited when I got it, but it never once worked. I had all the requirements, like a bug-free version of Win95, and 32Mb of RAM, and all the rest of the goodies, but no working game. So sad.

Even sadder, I still have the game, and I just looked in the manual to check the requirements. I need to shed some of this excess baggage.
Sigh.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #19
Bad luck.

Why didn't you keep the receit and get a refund?

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #20
Umm. The store had/has some inane policy about returning opened software. Like you can't. It seems that it is possible that an amoral person could buy something, install it, copy the cd, photocopy the manual, and then return it for a full refund.
So I was out of luck. I suppose I could have done something, but I would have had to drive 30 minutes and I was really lazy back then. Even lazier than now. The saddening continues. :)
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #21
Worst game I remember playing was Emperor: Battle for Dune. Gameplay was uninspired and it crashed my computer every three minutes.

Lemmings was pretty cool. If mostly for the mass suicide button.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #22
Antother bad game is a computer game called Commander Keen. There were only two colors: Blue and white. It was on my old computer, a big square monster that only had that one program. It also had no sound.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #23
Ryssä! Ryssä is the worst game ever! Don't even try to claim otherwise!

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by SprungSpring:

Antother bad game is a computer game called Commander Keen. There were only two colors: Blue and white. It was on my old computer, a big square monster that only had that one program. It also had no sound.
A-ha! I've forgotten about those! I bought a pack of games in a CD called "Game Empire" and it had two CK games on it. I played it once, and cried it was so awful.

--------------------

Pages